Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who should be kicked out on the street?
blind woman and 8 year old grand child 3 30.00%
me - vote for me! 6 60.00%
disabled oilfield worker 2 20.00%
92 year old little old lady plus kitty 2 20.00%
Disabled vet - (your country thanks you) 3 30.00%
little 70 something lady on tiny pension 2 20.00%
little old 80 something lady on even smaller pension 4 40.00%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:36 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,936,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric3781 View Post
What part of "current social security and disability recipients would not be affected by Paul Ryan's plan" do you braindead, tonedeaf, leftist zombies not understand?
Dreamer.

From NAHMA:

Quote:
Although the Obama Administration’s sequestration estimates are preliminary, the cuts would be particularly devastating to HUD and USDA’s rental assistance programs if they are accurate. The FY 2012 appropriations levels for both the project-based Section 8 program and the tenant-based Section 8 program are already below what is necessary to fully fund all 12-month contract renewals in FY 2013. Sequestration, if enacted, would essentially guarantee that some housing providers would receive delayed or partial payments for their rental assistance contracts in FY 2013.

Sequestration would be devestating to affordable housing programs. It puts jobs, housing for low-income families, and the integrity of federal programs at risk. At an industry presentation in September, HUD Secretary Shaun Donovan announced that sequestering HUD’s budget could result in a loss of:

• 53,000 jobs;
• Housing assistance for at least 250,000 households—many of which are elderly, disabled, and/or veterans; and
• Homelessness assistance for 100,000 households.

Congress and OMB do not have enough information about how the sequestration will affect individual programs to understand the consequences of implementation. OMB’s sequestration report was supposed to analyze sequestration at the account, program, project, and activity level. However, OMB only reported the estimated cuts at the account level. Federal agencies identified thousands of programs, projects, and activities within their accounts. Agencies also use different definitions for programs, projects, and activities. Furthermore, OMB has yet to decide if it will incorporate the financial impact of sequestration into the FY 2014 Presidential Budget Request.

NAHMA strongly opposes cuts to affordable housing programs, particularly the rental assistance programs. As a result, we strongly urge Congress and the Obama Administration to ensure that sequestration does not harm important housing resources for America’s most vulnerable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2013, 02:47 PM

988 posts, read 1,203,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
Dreamer.

From NAHMA:
Well geez. I guess now that Obama got his pound of flesh on the fiscal cliff, he might have to actually sit down and work with the evil GOP on avoiding sequester.

I guess "crossing the aisle" and "toning down the acrimony and rhetoric and just work together" only applies when it is the GOP giving up everything they stand for and letting a democrat steamroll them with their commie agenda.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:54 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,245 times
^^That's really how you see it, huh? Interesting.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
^^That's really how you see it, huh? Interesting.
What's so interesting about it?

When democrats have the upper hand, where are all the calls for "civility" and "working together" and "crossing the aisle"? Where was the aisle-crossing when Obama and the democrap controlled congress rammed Obamacare down our throat?

Those played out canards are only trotted out when the republicans have the upper hand in negotiations, to guilt them into working with the seditious democrat party hacks, like a bunch of suckers.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:30 PM

6,193 posts, read 5,367,972 times
Why is it any cut a Republican recommends....

Kills people, puts them out of their homes, kills people, makes dirty air and water, kills people......................get my drift?

You people still watching o's campaign youtube videos?

The Tea Party is 'on the run' and are getting what they want?

You should listen to yourselves.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:42 PM

Oh yes, health care reform was "rammed" down. LOL, no, I don't think so. And have you forgotten the republicans have the majority in the House? You know, the ones who strike down any & all things that are brought up? You must have.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:44 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,221,813 times
Quote:
Sore loser, Paul Ryan has promised that Republicans will take revenge on the nation with a continued refusal of any compromise resulting in the leap off the fiscal cliff for reals with the sequester which will go into effect on March 1st as a result of tea party obstructivism.

The sequester will have any number of ill effects, this post is about just one - the impact on housing assistance to disabled veterans, low income seniors, and other disabled individuals and their families. 350,000 families will lose their housing assistance and be set out on the streets - children included. Here in my isolated rural community with 20% unemployment in Western Colorado, the blow will be especially hard.

I myself am a 61 year old woman with a disability, and I currently reside in assisted housing provided through a rural section 8 housing voucher program. I live in one of 7 apartments converted from an old motel into low income housing units. My neighbors on the other end of our modest units are a blind woman and her 8 year old grand daughter; a 60 year old former oil field worker permenently disabled in a serious work related accident; a 74 senior living solely on her small social security check; a perky little 92 year old lady and her cat - also on social security; a vet who lost both legs in Iraq; and finally, another little old lady - this one in her 80's who has a small yappy dog I long to kill (us little old ladies are a tough crowd!)

So, now that you tea party folks have gotten what you want - a chance to rid yourself of one of you neighbors in need of a little help - which one shall it be? You pick who goes out on the street:
Congratulations on posting the most worthless stupid poll ever

Old 01-28-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
Oh yes, health care reform was "rammed" down. LOL, no, I don't think so. And have you forgotten the republicans have the majority in the House? You know, the ones who strike down any & all things that are brought up? You must have.
You poor misguided soul, bless your heart.

Obamacare was "rammed" in 2009, before the evil GOP took over the house.

Keep trying.

Old 01-28-2013, 03:47 PM

Nah, I'm not misguided. Thanks for caring though!

Old 01-28-2013, 03:48 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Sore loser, Paul Ryan has promised that Republicans will take revenge on the nation with a continued refusal of any compromise resulting in the leap off the fiscal cliff for reals with the sequester which will go into effect on March 1st as a result of tea party obstructivism.

The sequester will have any number of ill effects, this post is about just one - the impact on housing assistance to disabled veterans, low income seniors, and other disabled individuals and their families. 350,000 families will lose their housing assistance and be set out on the streets - children included. Here in my isolated rural community with 20% unemployment in Western Colorado, the blow will be especially hard.

I myself am a 61 year old woman with a disability, and I currently reside in assisted housing provided through a rural section 8 housing voucher program. I live in one of 7 apartments converted from an old motel into low income housing units. My neighbors on the other end of our modest units are a blind woman and her 8 year old grand daughter; a 60 year old former oil field worker permenently disabled in a serious work related accident; a 74 senior living solely on her small social security check; a perky little 92 year old lady and her cat - also on social security; a vet who lost both legs in Iraq; and finally, another little old lady - this one in her 80's who has a small yappy dog I long to kill (us little old ladies are a tough crowd!)

So, now that you tea party folks have gotten what you want - a chance to rid yourself of one of you neighbors in need of a little help - which one shall it be? You pick who goes out on the street:
Don't worry.

You'll still get your freebies!

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-29-2013 at 03:05 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies