Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 07:10 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Army Soldier View Post
And these people who are raising questions have legit reasons for concern. This African-American named Jerome Bogers, who will be the head referee during the Super Bowl, is not qualified for the job. He has had 8 downgrades after being graded each post game and now people have discovered that those downgrades were mysteriously overturned which is highly unusual. This is causing controversy as the Super Bowl nears. It's apparent that the fact his officiating grades were adjusted specifically so he could be head ref of the Super Bowl AND that he is black proves that there is no question that this is a case of affirmative action abuse. The guy should be replaced with the best qualified official with a exquisite officiating record.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/01/29/sp...ewanted=1&_r=1&
Meritocracy in this country has been dead for awhile. If you're not connected to the elite or can't parlay your protected group status to your benefit you're out of luck in 21st century progressive America

Old 01-29-2013, 07:16 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
The first major head trama/repetitive concussion lawsuit is about to hit the NFL brought by Jr Seau's family. I think after they win a huge judgement the floodgates are going to open and the result will be the NFL paying out billions of dollars in settlements and the game being completely different.

Whatever color the refs are they are going to have to be completely retrained for the new game that is coming.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:19 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,036,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwm1964 View Post
I think it is time for push back against group rights.
We all should be afforded the SAME rights as individuals.

Not guaranteed special rights based upon groups.

We all are entitled to the SAME rights regardless of gender, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual preference NOT we are guaranteed certain right based upon gender, race, national origin, religion, age, marital status, sexual preference.

This has gone on for generations and it is not working.
We have more envy, division, strife and social ills than ever before.
By creating groups government picks winners & losers playing us all off against one another.

We need to go back to judging each individual by the content of their character. (imho)

Most Americans are with you. However, that doesnt matter to the PC, liberal people in charge. They will continue to not only push this sort of affirmative action bull crap, but theyll expand it. Because that is what they do, they dont care about what is actually right. Its all about what will give them favor with certain "groups" and votes.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The first major head trama/repetitive concussion lawsuit is about to hit the NFL brought by Jr Seau's family. I think after they win a huge judgement the floodgates are going to open and the result will be the NFL paying out billions of dollars in settlements and the game being completely different.

Whatever color the refs are they are going to have to be completely retrained for the new game that is coming.
They arent going to win. The lawsuit has no merit whatsoever.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:22 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:

what kind of radical changes do you anticipate?

Old 01-29-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
They arent going to win. The lawsuit has no merit whatsoever.
So where do you think Seau got all these concussions then? You are in denial if you think the NFL is going to skate on this one. Hockey is another sport that is about to get hit hard by lawsuits.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
what kind of radical changes do you anticipate?
Your guess is as good as mine. All hits to the head, especially on RB's I think are unavoidable but I think the days of the big hits and especially CB's and Safeties using their heads as a hammer are going to end.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:32 AM

Quote:
So where do you think Seau got all these concussions then? You are in denial if you think the NFL is going to skate on this one. Hockey is another sport that is about to get hit hard by lawsuits.
Let me know when you have evidence that he was forced to play the game and forced to sign multi-million dollar contracts to do so. Everyone was aware football was dangerous, not as if its a surprise or shocker.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:33 AM

1,523 posts, read 1,438,126 times
Quote:
Your guess is as good as mine. All hits to the head, especially on RB's I think are unavoidable but I think the days of the big hits and especially CB's and Safeties using their heads as a hammer are going to end.
Didn't Obama say the other day that he expects a change in the way football is played due to head injuries? He probably knows what they are about to do.

Old 01-29-2013, 07:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,172,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gtownoe View Post
First of all, you don't remain an NFL official if your bad at your job. That's point #1. You have to be a very good official and take it very seriously to even make it to that level. Second, you have no proof that Jerome is a bad official. You show me something to prove otherwise and then I'll take your thread seriously.
He made a HORRIBLE call in the Cardinals - Giants game on October 2, 2011. He blew a play dead prematurely. It cost the Cardinals the game. There was a lot of press about it at the time. NBC called it a "bizarre ruling". That was putting it mildly.

So he's the head ref? The Super Bowl just got more interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies