Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 09:42 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times

Advertisements

I dont' consider strafing US cities with blanks from blackhawks or staging takeovers of schools by the military without the populace being aware as training that needs to be done. As pointed out above there are plenty of places for this to occur like has been done for years. Why are they doing this now? They are crossing over for some reason. Perhaps you being such a military expert can tell me why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 09:45 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They've got mock cities the size of well..cities for training.
So there is some other twist to why they are doing it in real cities only we'll never know.

$170 million mock city rises at Marine base - US news - Life - Military | NBC News
A mock city roughly the size of downtown San Diego has risen in a remote Southern California desert to train military forces to fight in urban environments.
The $170 million urban training center was unveiled Tuesday at the Twentynine Palms military base, 170 miles northeast of San Diego.
Twentynine Palms is a Marine installation. There training centers are totally separate from the US Army's training centers.

You have to recognize that there are many expeditionary units and divisions vying for the training time at limited locations. To achieve force readiness you need enough repetition and evaluation to build skill. The few urban mockups built can't support everyone...

Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM

8,653 posts, read 6,129,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I have never seen the US military perform "training" excercises like this in cities. I guess it happens in your neck of the woods all the time?? They have military bases to train on.
There's always a first time for everything... Training in cities is no reason to be paranoid.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:48 PM

45,201 posts, read 26,417,923 times
I so enjoy watching liberals tripping over each other to defend the militarized police state.
Seems like forever ago when they were anti- establishment, question authority defenders of civil liberties.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,442,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHABAZZ310 View Post
Twentynine Palms is a Marine installation. There training centers are totally separate from the US Army's training centers.

You have to recognize that there are many expeditionary units and divisions vying for the training time at limited locations. To achieve force readiness you need enough repetition and evaluation to build skill. The few urban mockups built can't support everyone...
The Army has a mock up city in Ft Lewis.

The point is they have mock up cities so why now start training in real cities ?
To see the effect on citizens ?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
I so enjoy watching liberals tripping over each other to defend the militarized police state.
Seems like forever ago when they were anti- establishment, question authority defenders of civil liberties.
All of a sudden they are pro-military, pro-war and pro-government protection.
Who would have thought ?

Old 01-29-2013, 09:54 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
I dont' consider strafing US cities with blanks from blackhawks or staging takeovers of schools by the military without the populace being aware as training that needs to be done. As pointed out above there are plenty of places for this to occur like has been done for years. Why are they doing this now? They are crossing over for some reason. Perhaps you being such a military expert can tell me why?
I don't know what to tell you cause I am not a military expert, I just grew up in a military family. Maybe you missed the news article that alerted people about this training mission, that happens all the time in our busy lives.

Have you tried googling it yet to find out why they were doing their training in the city? You seem to be really worked up about this, so you might want to actually try looking into it.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:57 PM

Quote:
The Army has a mock up city in Ft Lewis.

The point is they have mock up cities so why now start training in real cities ?
To see the effect on citizens ?
umm, this isn't something new you do realize that right? The military has been doing training in real cities for a long time now....granted in recent years they could do their training in cities in Iraq.

Old 01-29-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
All of a sudden they are pro-military, pro-war and pro-government protection.
Who would have thought ?
Actually I have always been pro-military, but I am against giving the DOD a blank check to waste money on a bloated budget. I am anti-war, but that doesn't mean I don't think our military shouldn't train to protect our borders. And I am pro-government for protection which is why I support having a trained military.

But then again, for me, none of these opinions about the military are new....I did grow up in a military family after all.

Old 01-29-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Actually I have always been pro-military, but I am against giving the DOD a blank check to waste money on a bloated budget. I am anti-war, but that doesn't mean I don't think our military shouldn't train to protect our borders. And I am pro-government for protection which is why I support having a trained military.

But then again, for me, none of these opinions about the military are new....I did grow up in a military family after all.
Unless there is an Act of Congress or Declaration of Martial Law the military won't be "protecting our borders" except from an invasion.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies