Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 08:57 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idon'tdateyou View Post
No but they are forcing me to pay for it and accept it.
Your rights end where another person's begin. You don't get to dictate that other people follow your beliefs just because you don't like how they do things.

Seeing the extreme failure rate of most "traditional families", your methods don't seem to be working too well either. Maybe you should focus your efforts on the astronomical divorce and adultery rates, particularly among conservatives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 01:02 PM

10,029 posts, read 10,888,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If you are going to throw out such blatant misinformation, why should we even believe our OP?
I have repeatedly post this info. 54% of all births in Illinois are on Medicaid.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
would you prefer these without means to support their babies get abortions instead?
Yes or better yet no have sex at all.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:40 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
I am sure in the 1850s a lot of people cried about how the correct way "owning people" is now thought of as terrible

I am sure in the 1950s that a lot of people sitting at counters can't believe how the correct way (let black people eat someplace else) is now sooo terrible

I am sure even today, there is shock and surprise among a lot of people how women have rights such as driving a car, voting, or marrying (and thus divorcing) whom they want. Its not just the mans choice anywhere. How could these people turn their back on the correct way.

Here is the rule of thumb. If the "correct" way takes away from the right of someone else (I put divorce, sex, etc as rights) than maybe its not so correct. You just haven't caught up with it.

Quote:
Let me preface this by stating that I despise both parties. I am an independent and did vote Obama in 2008 (voted Johnson this time). I don't care for most politicians.

However I am a strong believer in the ideas of a somewhat traditional family. I don't believe one should be having kids unless married and supporting the kids and I believe in staying together pretty much no matter what. I think illegitimacy and divorce is destroying too many families and I see a difference between kids raised by married parents versus kids from divorced parents versus kids born out of wedlock.

Recently I gave an interview to a local paper about this and of course the claws come out, like how dare I attack non traditional families? That I should accept the new family life. That how dare I attack illegals going on welfare. So much more but you get the idea.

Since when has terrible ideas become the correct way?

Old 01-30-2013, 01:42 PM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
I have repeatedly post this info. 54% of all births in Illinois are on Medicaid.
Thats a great reason to believe you, you post it twice!

Old 01-30-2013, 01:42 PM

But the thing is I am forced to pay more in taxes because of it. http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...t-of-life.html

Old 01-30-2013, 01:48 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,165,843 times
Quote:
Yes or better yet no have sex at all.
Well that's not going to happen so might as well get that thought out of your head.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:54 PM

Well then maybe all welfare needs to be cut and distributed by churches instead? I don't want to pay for these leeches.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:57 PM

2,137 posts, read 1,901,359 times
The liberal mindset grew from the slackening of mental regulation or stoicism. Basically from the abandoning and reinventing of 'easier versions' of morality.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiFi View Post
The liberal mindset grew from the slackening of mental regulation or stoicism. Basically from the abandoning and reinventing of 'easier versions' of morality.
When will you understand that MORALITY is relative? Everyone has morality, albeit of a different kind. When it comes to family values I am a conservative, but I understand others may have different codes of morality and I don't try to force mine on anyone. Where do the so called liberal morals stem from? Society keeps changing and will further change in the future. Things like feminism did not exist in the 19th century. The way we interpret individual rights has changed. 500 or 1000 years down the road, our decedents will laugh at our attitudes today. We all know what happens to those who do not adapt.

Last edited by oberon_1; 01-30-2013 at 02:21 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies