Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 04:03 AM

68,326 posts, read 54,350,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
As with many other "politically correct" things that happen, some people think it's great, but most people think it's atrocious and roll their eyes and secretly hate it, but they will be too fearful of condemnation, or too fearful of rank to say anything out loud about it.

I so desperately long for a world that is normal. I suppose those days are gone forever. *sigh*.

20yrsinBranson
And just who would get to decide WHAT's 'normal' in your desperately longed for world?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 04:09 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,033,806 times
Like it or not, two men or two women, will never be normal no matter how much its pushed on everyone. Just because these people were born abnormal with basically being half man/half woman, shouldnt mean we change everything to suit them. You know she isnt a wife, because theyve already started changing things to "spouse".

Maybe people who have no significant other should also be allowed to join these groups now too. So what if they arent married or even have a partner. What if they just have a friend who serves? Why dont we change the rules for them too.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:10 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Keep poking the sleeping bear.

Old 01-30-2013, 04:23 AM

15,064 posts, read 6,167,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
She isn't a wife, she doesn't have husband. Gays should have their own group or club. No matter how you push it, two women and two men are not the same as a man and woman. They did this to make that gay woman feel better about her self.
It isn't the same, but the military life experience is comparable. One could argue that this is comparable to a heterosexual person who have been living together for a long time receiving the award, but not necessarily. The heterosexual couple is free to marry and is recognized as such. That has not been the case for homosexuals. So if she holds herself out as a spouse, then I have no issue with her being treated as such. Maybe one day gays will have their own group, if they don't already...

Just to add, before anyone brings up being liberal, I am conservative. Religiously I believe homosexuality is wrong. However, limited government just as important in the private sphere as anywhere else. People have the right to hold their own views about marriage and act accordingly. There is already a God, and He can handle His role just fine.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM

46,943 posts, read 25,964,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
The article talks about the refusal of our leaders to enforce DOMA and mentions the fact that with Don't Ask. Don't Tell thrown out we are well down the road to destruction of those things.

Go ahead and read the link and maybe you can find a better method of ridiculing my thread.
Once again I wasted time reading one of your links, the thread is still ridiculous, and you still refuse to defend your assertions.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:01 AM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
I am sure that many here will not like to read this story, but I am just as sure that many here will not like reading about how the woman is being treated by the officers' spouses on the post either. I really wonder what will happen when the final selection is made. As it goes each military base selects a wife for the honor of military wife of the year from its officers' corps. Then some of the women from organizations on each base, of all the 5 military services will vote along with the wives of the top commanders in each of the services. It may well get hairy before it is over. I believe that Obama will speak out to the 5 from the Pentagon's leaders. Yes, this one will get pretty ugly before it is over.

FayObserver.com - Magazine names lesbian wife Fort Bragg's spouse of the year

I believe that this is just another in a long line of Pelosi that is being used to destroy our military and the Constitution along with it.
I'm so shocked and appalled that a loving wife was selected to receive an honor! Her lesbian wife is a Lt. Col, so clearly she's a good soldier. Clearly you're just blinded by your BIGOTRY AND PREJUDICE. The vast majority of female "lifers" in the military are lesbians.

Quote:
Broadway has been in a relationship with Mack for more than 15 years. Most of that time was during don't ask, don't tell, the policy that allowed gays to serve in the military if they were not open about their sexual orientation.

"For over 13 years, I had to stay hidden, unable to send my loved one off to war, attend welcome-home celebrations, or receive invites from the (family readiness group)," Broadway said in a statement on the competition's website. "Yes, my marriage is both unique and rare in our military community. I am a proud same-sex spouse of an Army officer and mother of an amazing son."
So she was loyal, adhered to the military rules of "don't ask, don't tell" and she stuck by her lesbian wife while she climbed the ranks of the military.

I don't get your pathetic outrage.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:07 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
As with many other "politically correct" things that happen, some people think it's great, but most people think it's atrocious and roll their eyes and secretly hate it, but they will be too fearful of condemnation, or too fearful of rank to say anything out loud about it.

I so desperately long for a world that is normal. I suppose those days are gone forever. *sigh*.

20yrsinBranson
There's a story here, and it's a good one.

The woman was barred from joining the Spouse's club. That got some news.
She was voted Fort Bragg "spouse of the year" after her ill-treatment was publicized.
No one had to vote for her. People voted for her because they wanted to.
If that is "political correctness" so be it.

"An Army wife, denied full membership at a Fort Bragg spouses club because she's married to a female Army officer, was named Fort Bragg’s 2013 “spouse of the year” Friday after an annual, national vote that spanned nominees from all military branches, NBC News has learned.

In the online election held Tuesday, Ashley Broadway captured the Fort Bragg vote “by a country mile,” said Babette Maxwell, founder of Military Spouse magazine and the Military Spouse of the Year award."

Lesbian wife named Fort Bragg 'spouse of the year' | NBC17.com

Oh, and BTW:

"Hours after same-sex Army wife Ashley Broadway was named Fort Bragg's 2013 “spouse of the year,” the on-base spouses club — that has for two months rebuffed Broadway's bid to join — fully reversed course and invited her "to become a full member," according to emails sent to NBC News and Broadway."

Spouses club relents, says lesbian Army wife can be 'full member' - U.S. News

Old 01-30-2013, 11:11 AM

990 posts, read 938,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilt11 View Post
Like it or not, two men or two women, will never be normal no matter how much its pushed on everyone. Just because these people were born abnormal with basically being half man/half woman, shouldnt mean we change everything to suit them. You know she isnt a wife, because theyve already started changing things to "spouse".

Maybe people who have no significant other should also be allowed to join these groups now too. So what if they arent married or even have a partner. What if they just have a friend who serves? Why dont we change the rules for them too.
Wow.

Just wow.

Now I've heard it all, I guess gay people are actually hermaphrodites now.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:18 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
You could just lock yourself away watching endless reruns of Leave it to Beaver and Father Knows Best?

Of course they were fictional, but if you can't cope with reality.....
Or, since this is a military-themed thread: "Gomer Pyle."

Oh, wait!

Jim Nabors, Stan Cadwallader Marry In Seattle

Old 01-30-2013, 11:26 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
I am sure that many here will not like to read this story, but I am just as sure that many here will not like reading about how the woman is being treated by the officers' spouses on the post either. I really wonder what will happen when the final selection is made. As it goes each military base selects a wife for the honor of military wife of the year from its officers' corps. Then some of the women from organizations on each base, of all the 5 military services will vote along with the wives of the top commanders in each of the services. It may well get hairy before it is over. I believe that Obama will speak out to the 5 from the Pentagon's leaders. Yes, this one will get pretty ugly before it is over.

I believe that this is just another in a long line of Pelosi that is being used to destroy our military and the Constitution along with it.
Aren't they both "wives?"

I mean if we are going to alter the definition of marriage, we may as well alter the meaning behind husband and wife while we are at it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies