Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 10:00 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times

Advertisements

I guess the statute of limitations ran out on blaming Bush.

Now Fox News is to blame.

Amazing.....obama mentions Fox News and all of a sudden the leftie media start parroting him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 AM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
I guess the statute of limitations ran out on blaming Bush.

Now Fox News is to blame.

Amazing.....obama mentions Fox News and all of a sudden the leftie media start parroting him.
Totally off topic. Put your big boy pants on and come back with something pertinent.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:10 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randomstudent View Post
700billion spread out over a number of years out of an economy that is 15.8T per year is a drop in the bucket. Thus why economists wanted more stimulus.
How many years?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:52 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rafo1981 View Post
Obviously you understand this subject to a much greater degree than I do or most anybody here. I just don't think there is any getting through. Are you an economics BS, MS? I don't say this often, but I'm impressed and have learned quite a bit from you. Any suggestions on apropo reading on the matter?
I was an Econ minor. I could have had an Economics BS, but given the option of graduating early (and saving money) as a Political Science major and Economics minor vs graduating on time with a Political Science Major and Economics BS I chose the former.

I cannot think of any particular reading, aside from the generic stuff like Keynes, Smith, etc. Most of how we learned it was via the case study method.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:53 AM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
How many years?
The ARRA isn't done until 2019.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:58 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,409,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Facts. Some people don't like them but for those of us in the reality based community we think of them as our friends.
^^^
Speaking of people who don't like facts......

Perhaps you missed this a few posts ago. Oh wait, you were too blinded by ideology to see my reply. Dude seriously, change your username.

Old 01-30-2013, 01:55 PM

29,407 posts, read 21,996,065 times
Quote:
They are simply controlling the supply of bonds. What do you think this implies?

“The shrinking amount of bonds in the market is lowering rates and not just benefiting the Treasury, but providing lower rates for private-sector decision-makers as well,” Zach Pandl, a senior interest-rate strategist in Minneapolis at Columbia Management Investment Advisers LLC, which oversees $340 billion, said in a Nov. 30 telephone interview. “The Fed is not creating this scarcity to help out the Treasury, it’s primarily to get the economy going.”
It implies what I stated and you laughed off. You don't know what your talking about. You read some nonsense about Krugman and think he knows everything so you rant on about how we need to spend more and more and more. Keep it up and you may get a job working for the Obama administration.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:00 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,879,773 times
More household spending? Expendable income and savings is near a 20 year low!! That "economist" needs to get his head checked.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:29 PM

563 posts, read 807,082 times
Quote:
Paul Krugman's Unconventional Outlook On The Economy : NPR

Not that any of you debt crisis fanatics out there are going to listen to reason, but Krugman sumed it up pretty succinctly on NPR today.

Paul Krugman's Unconventional Outlook On The Economy : NPR
Ladies and gentlemen, this just broke a world record in crazy!

Old 01-30-2013, 05:35 PM

724 posts, read 592,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
It implies what I stated and you laughed off. You don't know what your talking about. You read some nonsense about Krugman and think he knows everything so you rant on about how we need to spend more and more and more. Keep it up and you may get a job working for the Obama administration.
Your making absolutly no assertations, you are just claiming mine are wrong. You stated nothing, you just plopped a fact down on the table, claimed it was bad, and had no argument as to WHY it was bad. So what where you trying to say about how the FED is buying treasury bonds to keep rates low? What, are you trying to say that is a bad thing? What is your point? Oh yea, you don't have one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies