Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Libertarian. And I don't complain. I vote and I write my elected officials regarding issues.
So you must of been one of the few 1.2 million people that voted Libertarian in the past election.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
And then you wonder why your party is shrinking. Only far-right Republicans are Republicans these days to you guys. Works for me, I like seeing your party shrink. Besides, you are already a minority in NYC, might as well make you non-existent too.
Fewer people voted for Obama in 2012 than did in 2008.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:03 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times
Quote:
So you must of been one of the few 1.2 million people that voted Libertarian in the past election.
Yes. There are actually millions more Libertarians out there and I know quite a few. They just don't vote Libertarian because they don't think Libertarians can win. They think that would waste their vote. I think voting for Obama or Romney is wasting your vote.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:05 AM

Quote:
And then you wonder why your party is shrinking. Only far-right Republicans are Republicans these days to you guys. Works for me, I like seeing your party shrink. Besides, you are already a minority in NYC, might as well make you non-existent too.
That might push NYC along the path to Detroit......

Old 01-30-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Fewer people voted for Obama in 2012 than did in 2008.
And yet he still won the election and broke 50% in both elections, get over it.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Yes. There are actually millions more Libertarians out there and I know quite a few. They just don't vote Libertarian because they don't think Libertarians can win. They think that would waste their vote. I think voting for Obama or Romney is wasting your vote.
So basically they are just Republicans pretending to be Libertarians. That is typical.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
That might push NYC along the path to Detroit......
Not really, NYC can afford to get rid of every far-right Republican, there are still plenty of Moderate Republicans in this city to keep it functioning.

Let me be very, very clear, my issue is with the far-right, not all Republicans, the moderates I am fine with and wish they were in more control over their own party.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Oh but the millitary will never turn on the people
for 10 years our leaders have tried to take away the culture religion and weapons of the people of the mideast and failed. why did they fail? assault weapons. why all the hate towards bibles and guns?
more of the same?

Old 01-30-2013, 09:14 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,991,168 times
Quote:
What I wish for is to see the far-right pushed out of the Republican party so we can have a Republican party I can consider voting for again, I miss seeing Moderate Republicans in charge of the Republican party.
Define far-right. If you're talking about those who pander to the religious nutbags such as the likes of Rick Santourum or an elitist like Romney, then I'm inclined to agree with you. If you're talking about someone like Ron Paul, then I'm afraid we'll have to disagree.

Quote:
I did. I voted for Gary Johnson this year.

Quote:
The only vote wasted is the one that isn't cast. And I agree with you that voting for Romney or Obama was a wasted vote. I never did understand this "voting for the lesser of two evils" thing. It's one thing to do so in sports. For example: I'm a Cleveland Browns fan, so when 2 of my rivals (in which I despise) the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Baltimore Ravens play each other, I'm inclined to hold my nose and root for Baltimore over Pittsburgh, UNLESS I need Pittsburgh to help my team. But voting "the lesser of two evils" does not belong in the political arena. Not when there is too much at stake regarding the future of this country.

Old 01-30-2013, 09:15 AM

Quote:
So basically they are just Republicans pretending to be Libertarians. That is typical.
No. You have it backwards.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies