Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2016, 04:04 PM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M_Indie_08 View Post
Contradict yourself much?

I thought Libbies loved background checks, but now they don't?

Yeah, Libs are so messed up lately they can't even be consistent in their (lack of) thinking

The teacher has no business being around kids in this case.
Teachers are subject to background checks, usually multiple ones. But they are useless unless the applicant has actually been caught doing something.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 04:53 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
This is NOT a crime, she should be awarded teacher-of-the-century!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-23-2016, 06:52 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
This is NOT a crime, she should be awarded teacher-of-the-century!!!!!!!!!!!
I would bring her an apple. The age of consent should be lowered to 14.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:10 PM

15,945 posts, read 12,276,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertbrianbush View Post
Do you seriously think like this?

I'm a libertarian who owns firearms and I don't even care about this kind of stuff.. at 16 people are fully capable of consenting to sex, and if a teacher ends up going down on a student, lucky student! It's not like the age difference is that large. I can understand why some people are so offended, but I am not.

They are professionals and probably should not be engaging in this behavior with students.. it would create classroom drama that would distract from teaching.. for that reason alone the teacher should probably be fired, but charged and imprisoned... no.. unless the student was under 16 I suppose... because that's under what I would set the legal age of consent at.

Consent laws are a grey area for me that I don't like to get into because people have this moral high ground without understanding science and evolution and automatically rant at you for explaining the science... some people are ready for sex younger than others are. A lot of the world's rich and powerful like much younger than 16.. that doesn't make it right of course... this is not 1800 we don't marry at 14-15 anymore, though it used to be normal, something people tend to forget... back 2,000 years ago people procreated when they hit puberty and had all their children between 14-25 and maybe lived until 40 if they were lucky. That of course doesn't work today and I don't condone it, but I will always bring up the science just to offend people and get them to open their minds a bit.

Old 10-24-2016, 08:48 AM

29,509 posts, read 22,620,513 times
Where were these teachers when I grew up

Old 10-24-2016, 09:02 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
Where were these teachers when I grew up

just a gleam in their mamas' eyes. or in diapers.

Old 10-24-2016, 09:43 AM

8,275 posts, read 7,941,970 times
I feel like I received a substandard education since I didn't have one of these **** teachers. These kids have no idea how good they have it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SourD View Post
Lefties don't care about this type of stuff. They really would like to see pedophilia legalized and letting teachers get high while they teach.
True.

Old 10-24-2016, 12:22 PM

6,205 posts, read 7,456,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
I feel like I received a substandard education since I didn't have one of these **** teachers. These kids have no idea how good they have it.

True.
I am not a "lefty", but I also don't care. America has serous problems yet in our time the media and public opinion focus on the weird, odd, bizzare and other nonsense. Among million teachers there might be a few that suffer from mental issues and that is amplified by the Internet. No, most teachers are not like that.
And contrary to what you belive, young students will not be scarred for life by this stupid "teacher".
We also spend a disproportionate amount on time on issues like transgender bathrooms. Pleassseee...
Only if you lived in a country with real existential issues you would understand how stupid Americans look from afar.
(This is an old thread, why was it redirected? Only heaven knows..).

Old 10-24-2016, 12:37 PM

1,478 posts, read 787,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
I'm a libertarian who owns firearms and I don't even care about this kind of stuff.. at 16 people are fully capable of consenting to sex, and if a teacher ends up going down on a student, lucky student! It's not like the age difference is that large. I can understand why some people are so offended, but I am not.

They are professionals and probably should not be engaging in this behavior with students.. it would create classroom drama that would distract from teaching.. for that reason alone the teacher should probably be fired, but charged and imprisoned... no.. unless the student was under 16 I suppose... because that's under what I would set the legal age of consent at.

Consent laws are a grey area for me that I don't like to get into because people have this moral high ground without understanding science and evolution and automatically rant at you for explaining the science... some people are ready for sex younger than others are. A lot of the world's rich and powerful like much younger than 16.. that doesn't make it right of course... this is not 1800 we don't marry at 14-15 anymore, though it used to be normal, something people tend to forget... back 2,000 years ago people procreated when they hit puberty and had all their children between 14-25 and maybe lived until 40 if they were lucky. That of course doesn't work today and I don't condone it, but I will always bring up the science just to offend people and get them to open their minds a bit.
Ancient people lived well past the age of 40. They lived into their hundreds.

A mathematical "average" is not what you think it is. The "average" lower age for life expectancy of ancient people had to do with high infant mortality rates, death in young adulthood do to injuries or sickness we could not heal back then, et cetera, and that "pulled" the "average" age downward.

But I agree that the age consent laws are due to cultural prejudices of the time and has little to nothing to do with understanding humans as a sexually reproducing species purely from biologically scientific perspective. And ignores individual rate of psychological maturation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies