Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2013, 09:11 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times

Advertisements

I'm black and I make more money annually and have more money in the bank and in my investments account right now than I did in 2007 when I was only working part time and wasn't contributing as much to my investment accounts. Even our equity in our home has gone up because luckily, Pres. Bush had a program that gave us $30K downpayment assistance to get out house, I have never had a horrible view of Pres. Bush but actually like him a whole lot due to this program as it saved us equity during the housing crisis since we never owed more on our home than what is it worth due to that assistance and with development our property value has gone up this year under Obama so we have more wealth because of that.

Personally though, I don't give any president credit for anything having to do with my family's wealth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 09:19 PM

252 posts, read 264,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Tough. They voted him in!
There is not enough of "them" to vote him in. Really though, how many electors are "black"

Old 04-30-2013, 09:25 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,727,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
When Bush was president all you heard from the African-American community were complaints about the president.

Now there are no more complaints. The only reason I can think of is because Obama has fixed the problems in the black community. Is there another reason why blacks would suddenly stop complaining about the president in January 2009?
You are right, the problem is fixed. Because of Obama black Americans are doing so much better so there is no need to do more for them.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm black and I make more money annually and have more money in the bank and in my investments account right now than I did in 2007 when I was only working part time and wasn't contributing as much to my investment accounts. Even our equity in our home has gone up because luckily, Pres. Bush had a program that gave us $30K downpayment assistance to get out house, I have never had a horrible view of Pres. Bush but actually like him a whole lot due to this program as it saved us equity during the housing crisis since we never owed more on our home than what is it worth due to that assistance and with development our property value has gone up this year under Obama so we have more wealth because of that.

Personally though, I don't give any president credit for anything having to do with my family's wealth.
Be careful, equity in your house is not realized. When the banks think you have equity in your home they will try to get you to tap it. Our economy is in a bad way, it's being propped stay conservative in handling your finances. No possession is worth giving up the peace of heart and mind.

I'm sure you are smart enough to already know this though.

Last edited by petch751; 04-30-2013 at 09:43 PM..

Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM

16,212 posts, read 10,819,047 times
I worked in the banking industry for 5 years so I know their ways, I was taught to do their dirty work in getting people to lease their souls for a dollar. I hope others will heed your warning.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:34 PM

Why Are Blacks Doing Worse Under Obama?

Why are blacks and the working poor (black, white) doing worse?

Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I worked in the banking industry for 5 years so I know their ways, I was taught to do their dirty work in getting people to lease their souls for a dollar. I hope others will heed your warning.
Yea, I do too buy many won't. That is why it is so important to understand personal finance. Knowledge is power, understanding how to handle money is power. Bad debt, being poor, dependency on others is slavery.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 PM

258 posts, read 238,661 times
Because of identity politics, people make political decisions based off of their emotions than actual policy.

They don't take anything beneath the surface of what politicians or the media says

The result is our horrible political system where the people we elect dont do anything in the true best interest of the American public.

And if they do it's merely a coincidence because it coincides with corporate interests

Old 04-30-2013, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theotis View Post
they is not. what U talkin bout ?
Blacks are very happy with Obama because they are doing very well. They think Obama is doing a great job so Obama must have fixed the problem. Ok he needs to move on then.

Old 04-30-2013, 11:25 PM

21,468 posts, read 10,570,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
So?? What, exactly should blacks do about this? Blame Obama? Bury him? I won't. For one thing, I don't really believe Romney would have made things any better for blacks. Blacks are the go to scapegoat whenever things get tough, and I think we can all agree that things have been very tough recently. Jealous is one of those successful, Conservative, colored people, who secretly or not, sympathize with right wing Republican values. He isn't doing worse under Obama. Most blacks that matter to him are not doing worse under Obama. He is hating... himself for not being white enough to be accepted without apology by the party of self-determination. He is just about intelligent enough to know that self-determination requires a level playing field. The constant disconnect between reality and his ideals cannot be doing good things for his blood pressure. Must really suck to be a Black Conservative.

H
I think Romney would have made things better for blacks because he favored a pro-growth policy. And, though it was sold as racist, a better immigration plan that Obama. Low skilled workers will be the most hurt by amnesty, and that would probably disproportionately affect teenagers and poor people. I believe there have been black business groups that have implored the Congressional Black Caucus to vote against the immigration bill for that very reason.

As for your "level playing field" comment, I have no idea what more could be done to level the playing field for black people. We have grants and scholarships dedicated solely to black people, affirmative action in college admissions and hiring, preferences for minority-owned businesses in winning government contracts, and huge amounts of money spent on elementary and secondary education.

Unfortunately, about the same time as these policies were put in place during the Civil Rights Era, LBJ's War on Poverty was implemented. In 1965, the black illegitimacy rate was around 24%, but now it's over 70%! Why marry that girl if the gov't will give her and the child a better life than you could? I feel gov't assistance traps a person in poverty by disincentivizing marriage or even full time employment (can't make too much money). I can't say I can entirely blame a mother for not wanting to work more hours if it means losing some of her rent money or child care assistance. But I do blame a system that encourages the woman to be in that position in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies