Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:25 PM

31,387 posts, read 37,054,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
It shouldn't be happening period. You're completely avoiding answering my questions to you, all the while shoving words into my mouth.
And if and when some unforeseen act that requires the use of the military in an urban environment occurs which they are unprepared for I suspect that you will be one of the first to demand to know why they were not, just as so many criticized the air defense forces for being so ill-prepared for 9/11.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 02:44 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovcatto View Post
And if and when some unforeseen act that requires the use of the military in an urban environment occurs which they are unprepared for I suspect that you will be one of the first to demand to know why they were not, just as so many criticized the air defense forces for being so ill-prepared for 9/11.
They weren't ill prepared, they were ready and waiting before being told to stand down.

No. I won't be one of the first to demand to know why. We spend billions on the military to defend this country and provide them unlimited resources to do so. Put them to use within the bases, not in our back yards.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:46 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,274,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Operation Urban Warrior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Took me 30 seconds with google to tear the paranerds a new one.

Signed,
Mr. Sheep
In reading your Wiki article I found that very little of any kind of combat training took place. For instance, the earliest one was about 80 Marines who walked around in a neighborhood in Chicago doing mapping work of things. You may be surprised at what they were looking for and at.

Many of the other exercises weren't allowed to take place for a variety of reasons.

Back to work. Maybe you need to try something other than Wiki. Too many of those examples were listed with work needed for proof. At least someone told us that someone had written it up without holding out any proof.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:49 PM

Quote:
When were we ever wrong about anything? I remember it was reported by us nut jobs 4 years ago that predator drones would be in the skies of the US. Now look.

I remember the flue BS of 2010 was called just that, BS and we were ridiculed for it. Now Pfizer and the CDC admit it was a scam.

Do we really need to go into 9/11 again?

I remember before Obama was elected, most of us nut jobs said that he would continue the Patriot Act and Gitmo while everyone defended him and kept their mouths tightly gripped on his ****.

I remember 5 or 6 years ago telling everyone about QE3 and being ridiculed for it, now look.

Should I continue?
You were doing a good job so continue. Just for kicks it would be good to see.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:52 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,915 times
Quote:
Put them to use within the bases, not in our back yards.
Because our enemies never attack urban areas, just military bases.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:53 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
There have been people making these kinds of claims for the past 100 years. I'm not worried. And if we were ever in a martial law situation, then obviously the military will take effective control. This is how it works in every society - you can't stop it.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
We know it's just an exercise. Nobody is claiming they were rounding up citizens.

It's the exercises themselves and where they're taking place that's disturbing. Are we really conditioned into accepting that this is okay?
Many sure as hell have been trained to that point. I think it may have something to do with the lack of ability of Republicans to compromise the way Obama thinks you do it. You know, do as we do or we will have to throw you out. That is Obama's my way or the highway manner of compromise.

Old 01-30-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Did you read my link about the exercises that they were doing in the late 90's all over the US?

You know, the one involved 6,000 marines in San Fran....

Just ignore it though, claim it never happened before.....
I believe that the one you talk about here failed to happen because it was designed to take place at the Presidio and the governing agency backed it off. You need to read all of your links not just the headlines.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:02 PM

1,169 posts, read 1,519,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Because our enemies never attack urban areas, just military bases.
I believe you misunderstood what I meant. I'm saying that if Fallujah can be recreated in Fort Bragg, an America-style urban area can be as well. There's no need to invade our streets and condition us into accepting it as a patriot should.

Old 01-30-2013, 03:03 PM

13,621 posts, read 12,733,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
Economy in the tank and getting worse. 20 million welfare colonists soon to be added to the mix. Our dear government is trying to instigate some sort of crisis so they can swoop in and save the day. That much is obvious. Well to anyone who has half a brain. The rest just march along chanting for the children and it's all Bush's fault.

the super bowl will keep people distracted for a little while, along with all the celeb stuff..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies