Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2013, 02:48 PM

16 posts, read 32,846 times

Advertisements

I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2013, 03:14 PM

665 posts, read 1,243,298 times
you can try moving to the United Kingdom or Canada(its closer). MY black female friends say they get hit on all the time out there. if you want to stay in the states move to NY, San Fransico Bay ares or Minneapolis(Interracial dating capital)

Your best bet is Canada or the U.K overseas

Old 01-30-2013, 05:07 PM

16 posts, read 32,846 times
My career is in the U.S. Do you really think that a person can just pack their bags and leave?

Old 01-30-2013, 06:13 PM

188 posts, read 406,057 times
Wow... I don't think you don't have to move or become Asian to find a significant other. I certainly don't think your should attribute it to your race either. Are you sure there aren't any other contributing factors? Are you shy? Do you get out much?

Old 01-30-2013, 07:09 PM

1,696 posts, read 4,347,194 times
In some ways, the plight of black women is similar to that of Asian men. Their respective opposite sex counterparts are held up as desirable sex symbols while they're kind of left out. It's very common to hear anyone of any race talk about how sexy black men are or how desirable Asian women are. You don't hear that type of talk as much about black women and Asian men. I do however see the beginnings of progress being made for black women.. it's just such a disgusting shame that we'll have to go through a couple generations where light skinned black women will be "ok" to consider universally sexy before we can get to a point where darker skinned black women are also included.

Julie - do you have a racial preference when it comes to men? Or are you equally open to dating any race?

Old 01-30-2013, 10:28 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,420,662 times
Most men don't care about your skin color trust me.

You already said you are shy, which is issue #1. Could you approach a stranger and strike up a conversation? Ask a man out on a date? My wife is a shy person, but when I first met her she didn't act that way. She actually came onto me, and it's something that I really liked and tease her about to this day.

How would you rate your looks on a scale of 1-10? Men are attracted to looks first, but personality traits is what will keep one around. I've known lots of beautiful women that couldn't keep a man around for more than a week, because their personalities are so bad. One of my wife's friends is like that. Shes a very pretty girl, but she only cares about herself, and is very dramatic. She craves attention and will do anything to get it.

I've read a lot of books on attraction, and it's something I find very fascinating. I've always had girls like me when I was younger, but the ones that did, I never really felt the same way. A lot of the girls I liked never really liked me like that, and for some reason I could never figure out why. After reading a couple books I realized I was treating these women differently. The women I liked I was being nice and a gentlemen. The women I was just friends with, I was more confident, funny, and didn't care what they thought of me romantically. I'm telling you this, because men are also attracted to the same traits. Confidence and humor are two big ones. It's not what you say, but how you say it. How you walk, talk, and hold yourself up. Body language is a huge part of communication that most people ignore. Most communication you do with a person is through your body.

My advice to you. Start reading about body language. It sounds silly, but it makes all the difference in the world. Once you start to get a grasp on it, you will probably find other things that will help you.

Your post makes it sound like you are giving up, and that's the last thing you want.

Old 01-30-2013, 11:27 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,690,722 times
What kind of men are you looking for?

Old 01-31-2013, 12:33 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
I am not going to come out and call you a liar or an imposter, but your post is suspect. I have never met or heard of a Black woman who wanted to be an Asian woman or any other race of woman.EVER. Those of us Black women who are in relationships or married to quality men would really question who you say you are and your ideas in this post. I am becoming less surprised at the nonsense on this forum, but this post is just ridiculous.

Old 01-31-2013, 12:45 AM

1,189 posts, read 2,553,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k9coach View Post
In some ways, the plight of black women is similar to that of Asian men. Their respective opposite sex counterparts are held up as desirable sex symbols while they're kind of left out. It's very common to hear anyone of any race talk about how sexy black men are or how desirable Asian women are. You don't hear that type of talk as much about black women and Asian men. I do however see the beginnings of progress being made for black women.. it's just such a disgusting shame that we'll have to go through a couple generations where light skinned black women will be "ok" to consider universally sexy before we can get to a point where darker skinned black women are also included.

Julie - do you have a racial preference when it comes to men? Or are you equally open to dating any race?
No.. No..No. To everything is this ridiculous post.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:17 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Most men don't care about your skin color trust me.
Right. I hate to leave my reply at just that as this is supposed to be an area of more than one liners but you have done a pretty good job of covering my thoughts so there isn't much for me to add.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies