Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 10:01 PM

24,544 posts, read 56,060,466 times

Advertisements

How ironic, you should see a lot of Asian Western girls, or Asian girls in Asia, who would probably love to be white. As an Asian I admit in my younger days I sometimes wondered if life would be very different if I was white, but now it seems silly, and I realise I just had an inferiority complex growing up as a minority. I think firstly you need to draw your sense of self-worth from within - from who you are as an individual, separate from the external world and any labels. If it's merely a relationship that you want, plenty of guys still would date a black woman, especially an attractive one, of any race. If you find the Asian look aesthetic - well, maybe you can hook up with an Asian guy and have Blasian kids haha and pass it on to your kids at least haha.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 01:09 PM

86 posts, read 222,273 times
Racial stereotypes does exist and it does affect your chances in the dating world. It's not insurmountable though. I only dated Asian/white (I'm Asian) women until my mid-20s because I didn't really find black/hispanic girls attractive. People think young people are more open minded, but that's not true for everything. Studies have shown that people get more open to interracial relationships as they get older and have more life experience. Young people are more likely to be superficial.

What opened my mind about the possibility of dating women of other races was travel. After I graduated from college and started making money I had both time and money to travel. I met a lot more women through traveling than I had in college (I was in a very male and Asian/white dominated STEM field in college, there were virtually no women and zero blacks in my classes). Meeting and talking to women from around the world showed me that there are attractive and dateable women of every race.

It also helps that I'm more independent now. My mom does not have the most flattering things to say about black and hispanic people. This came up in a recent discussion when my parents were considering where to retire to. My mom refuses to consider neighborhoods or cities with too many black/hispanic people. When I was younger I didn't have the courage to date out because I was afraid of my parents' disapproval.

Whatever you do though, don't get desperate and don't get promiscuous/slutty. That will disqualify you from being considered wife material by a lot of guys down the road, regardless of race.

Old 06-18-2013, 07:08 PM

362 posts, read 794,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julie1234 View Post
I've been thinking lately that it would be great to be an Asian American woman.
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?
I am very shy and soft spoken, with a very good career. Also, I'm a size 2.

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?

Why do you assume that?

Well do you have long hair, are you feminine, what do you have to offer a man? Are you pleasant to be around, are you fun, do you do what the man wants, do you act loud and ghetto. Lets be realistic not all thin women are attractive. Do you have good fashion and style, do you dress well or like a grandma.

You show me a black girl who looks like rihanna or beyonce who is thin, black and educated and cute who cannot find a man then give her phone number to me.

Generally speaking its black women's behaviour and attitude that cause them not to have men. Anyhow, I suspect but cannot prove you are looking for a non black man, and black women are usually the last choice amongst all groups for interracial relationships in america so you better be prepared to date down or wait long and hard before you find a high quality man.

I also suspect you are late to the dinner table. If you are 29 and single and black, thin and cute and have no good quality male prospects you must have missed the boat. Most white women who are quality are married by this age and had been dating their man for 5-6 years before marrying. Most white women are married by 26, black women aren't marrying until 30. At 26 a woman is still hot and has most her sexual currency, I'd say 85%/100. By 30 it drops down to around a 65-70/100 depending on how they age.

http://www.census.gov/hhes/socdemo/m...esentation.pdf

I don't think being black is your problem, I think its everything else (personality, attiude, style, how you look), although most white guys don't like black women unless they are beyonce looking, ugly white women or ugly asian women are not generally landing beautiful white men. A woman only deserves a man who is equally good and no better.

It was weird when I saw the title that I suspected the poster was a black woman. I don't mean it in a racist way, I just suspected it, not sure why.

Old 06-21-2013, 12:17 AM

318 posts, read 625,061 times
Quote:
Over 98 percent of Asian American women have partners, I rarely see any Asian women alone. Also, Asian woman tend to get the best type of educated and professional men.

I'm black and I have a great education, also I'm thin and cute, but I'm alone, and I know it's due to my race. Professional high earning men tend to prefer Asian and white women. Please spare me the few examples, such as Obama, and others because this is simply not the norm.

I just wonder what a black young woman can do to garner the same respect as Asian women?

What am I doing wrong, how can I get quality guys to see past the fact that I'm black?
Honestly, most U.S. black females are not attractive. Now, Caribbean black women, Central American, and south American Black women are attractive, they are mixed and have European blood in them. U.S blacks are as black as they can be.

Rihanna (Barbadian) is an example of what I am talking about, or Mariah Carey (part Venezuelan).

Whoppy Goldberg, Oprah...(U.S.)

Old 06-21-2013, 09:34 AM

152 posts, read 295,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post
Honestly, most U.S. black females are not attractive. Now, Caribbean black women, Central American, and south American Black women are attractive, they are mixed and have European blood in them. U.S blacks are as black as they can be.

Rihanna (Barbadian) is an example of what I am talking about, or Mariah Carey (part Venezuelan).

I applaud you for being honest about your opinion. Props for coming right out with it and not presenting yourself as more open minded than you legitimately feel, but not expressing your feelings in a hostile manner. I think it takes a lot of courage to do that sometimes.

However, I must respectfully disagree. Perhaps it's because I'm more used to women who are "black as they can be" that I find them to be very attractive. I think Oprah is beautiful (although I think would be prettier if she lost more weight) and I'm always jealous of the dark skinned women who walk runways with their hair shaven so short they're almost bald. They look so elegant in ways I don't think someone like me could be if they tried the same look. White girls with their hair cut too short just look ridiculous! Black women seem have more striking features which really grabs my attention. I also think Jennifer Hudson is as pretty and cute as a button! Any google search of "dark skinned black girl" shows me a plethora of beautiful women who I am deeply envious of. It's hard for me to understand how they couldn't be seen as beautiful even though I get the negative way dark skinned people are perceived as a "status symbol." But when I temporarily put that to the side, I honestly see beautiful women and don't understand people who say they aren't attractive, but I'm very confident it's something that goes deeper than merely preferring "redheads" over "blondes" even if I don't know how to put it into words.

Of course, I'm a straight woman so I'm not sure if my opinion helps much here...

Old 06-21-2013, 03:15 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex =] View Post

Honestly, U.S. Black woman will get the last laugh. Keep it up with your disrespect and degradation. Mark my word. Black American women will get the last laugh. Your hatred will not stop the future, and the future is amazing for Black American women and Black women worldwide. That European blood that you speak so highly of in Black women in the Caribbean, Central, and South America is the result of generations of RAPE and the systematic 'Whitening' process those regions instituted to eliminate African genes. Celebrate that if you want. Most should be ashamed of it. Mariah Carey is basically a White woman with a half-Black dad who has been rejected by White people her entire life, which is why she likes to claim Black. Doesn't change the fact that she is still mostly White.

Old 06-21-2013, 03:26 PM

1,189 posts, read 2,554,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickytoffee View Post
Wow. I'm curious about your racial background and experiences but I will leave it at that.
Glad that you commented on that disgusting post, but you shouldn't leave it at that. This is why posters keep offering up these profoundly disrespectful words about Black women. They think that their words will continually go unchallenged. If that was said about any other group of women, this thread would probably be closed right now, or that post would have been blocked. There would also be a large amount of posters coming to the defense of those groups of women. The apathy towards the relentless attacks on Black American women, and Black women in general is just sickening.

Old 06-22-2013, 11:59 AM

31,387 posts, read 37,048,770 times
Shouldn't this topic be relegated to the Relationship or better yet the Psychology forums? I am at a loss as to understand how one persons dating, identity or other racially based psychological issues are of such weight or of such general concern as to constitute a "great debate."

Frankly having read more than a number of threads authored by persons of color, negroes, black, biracial, multi-racial African Americans struggling, for whatever reason with dating, self-esteem and identity crisises to warrant a specific forum where others can help them come to grip with their problems.

Old 06-22-2013, 12:14 PM

35,094 posts, read 51,243,097 times
Quote:

You are actually the only one with the issue that you are black. When the right man comes along there will be no issue unless of course you keep the current attitude you have. IF you keep "knowing" that you will not get a good man because you are black, you won't get a good man because of your
"self fulfilling prophecy" that being black is an issue.

Old 06-27-2013, 08:00 AM

1 posts, read 1,223 times
Alex is hilarious! He wants a lot of attention cause actually he fantasizes about US Dark Women. Why are so many people insecure and threatened by dark skin color! God wonderfully, beautifully and artistically made every skin tone of all peoples and that includes beautiful dark skinned peoples. Now check this out...He looked at and said it is good! I love to look at people and enjoy all the differences
varieties, cultures sharing their differences and similarities. Just being plain ole kind, considerate, less self centered. I love it!! Oh dear Alex...lighten up and try it. You might enjoy it some. Be blessed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies