Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by northnut View Post
I wonder what YOU would have said if it were a republican.
I would be embarrassed. I don't toe a party line when it comes to lobbying. I hate every single bit of it.

The difference between you and me is I'm smart enough to recognize it when I see it.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:04 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
So, as I already ask - a person who has been victimized by a GUN SHOOTING, should never be permitted to speak, because it is EVIDENCE of damage guns can do? Are you crazy? It is the BEST STATEMENT THAT CAN BE PROVIDED.
Which is why they don't want her speaking.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:15 PM

3,598 posts, read 4,948,701 times
It seems Gabby Giffords really hit a raw nerve with the gun-fondlers here. I take their obvious discomfort as a good sign that Gabby is doing the right thing. Resorting to calling her names and dimissing her as just another lobbyist is beyond stupid... it's downright insane.

Special thanks goes to Dale, Roy, KuChief, Texan and others for providing a written record that gun freaks are out of touch with reality and gun control is badly needed.

It's coming.... oh yes.... stricter gun control is coming whether you like it or not, so get used to it, fools.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:20 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by logline View Post
It seems Gabby Giffords really hit a raw nerve with the gun-fondlers here. I take their obvious discomfort as a good sign that Gabby is doing the right thing. Resorting to calling her names and dimissing her as just another lobbyist is beyond stupid... it's downright insane.

Special thanks goes to Dale, Roy, KuChief, Texan and others for providing a written record that gun freaks are out of touch with reality and gun control is badly needed.

It's coming.... oh yes.... stricter gun control is coming whether you like it or not, so get used to it, fools.
Deny, deflect and ignore and then resort to name calling when all else fails.

"Whatever it takes" is the mantra of the Dems.

Just don't go crying about bankster lobbyists or big pharma lobbyists getting their laws passed.
Super Pacs are people too you know.

None of us have even touched on the content of the debate here. It was about Gifford being the leader of a super PAC and lobbying to government right next to her peer, another lobbyist, LaPierre.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:33 PM

57,269 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KUchief25 View Post
So NRA lobbying = bad.

Lobbying to take guns = good.

Is that your point your trying to make? That seems to be the way the left looks at lobbying. As long as it's for what you want it's all good. Obama was going to end it all too. How soon we forget. lol
Giffords is not lobbying to make gun manufacturers or any other industry wealthy, you don't understand the difference between someone trying to make the world a better place and an organization that represents the gun companies.

Rather despicable title for this thread to get a point across, if that is any indication of the people on the other side of the issue then the pro-gun control people are on the right side.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:34 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,253,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
You really have to wonder what they would be saying had the dribbler been a Republican. They would be incredibly up in arms about how inappropriate for the person to testify.
Why? Why are you so weak and pathetic that you have to refer to her like that?

Does it make you feel powerful? Does it make you feel important and more worthwhile to refer to a woman who has suffered like she has - or anyone, for that matter - in that manner?

When I see things like that, it makes me realize there are truly people in this world who are a total waste of oxygen.

Sociopath.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,518,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Does it make you feel powerful? Does it make you feel important and more worthwhile to refer to a woman who has suffered like she has - or anyone, for that matter - in that manner?

When I see things like that, it makes me realize there are truly people in this world who are a total waste of oxygen.

Sociopath.
They truly represent the lowest rung of society.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:46 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,204,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Oh so now lobbyists are OK since you agree with them ?
LOL..then don't complain when bank lobbyists get laws passed in their favor..ok ?

You people have no principals whatsoever.
You didn't direct this to me, but you have no freaking clue what you're talking about. There's nothing wrong with lobbyists themselves. I was a lobbyist at one point in time. Not much would get done in state houses and on the federal level without them, because their job is to advocate for groups they represent by bringing up issues that impact their clients, and educating elected officials on those issues. Churches have lobbyists. So do groups like the YMCA and Girl Scouts. There's absolutely nothing wrong with citizens banding together as a group and hiring a spokesperson to work the capital to address their needs. The problem comes in with CONTRIBUTIONS. When lobbyists can promise big campaign bucks or cushy board seats to loyal politicians when they retire, they start buying votes, even if it's done on a wink and a nudge basis where everyone pretends that's not what's happening.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:47 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,472,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Giffords is not lobbying to make gun manufacturers or any other industry wealthy, you don't understand the difference between someone trying to make the world a better place and an organization that represents the gun companies.

Rather despicable title for this thread to get a point across, if that is any indication of the people on the other side of the issue then the pro-gun control people are on the right side.
So setting a goal to have $20 million by the 2014 elections so you can back anti-gun politicians up for elections in various states is making the world better ?

Sounds more like they are trying to stack the deck here and using $$$$ to do it.

Old 01-31-2013, 04:48 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,871,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post

Sociopath.
Yeah, Dale is a real class act all right. She fits in well with the OP and a few others in this thread. If you want to talk about what's wrong with our culture, look no further than some of the despicable posters in this thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies