Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 03:30 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,206,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
But is it taxed before it is sent elsewhere? That's the question.
WOW!!!! Look at that change of heart!

Taxes are GOOD all of a sudden (when its not your money)?

Astounding. All of a sudden, the CD rightwingers wanna take the tax collectors course.

Well I'll be damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 03:43 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,118,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
So who are the liberals that you speak of?
He doesn't know. Ask him to link or verify that liberals say "this or believe that". Watch him squirm and deflect.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:45 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
He doesn't know. Ask him to link or verify that liberals say "this or believe that". Watch him squirm and deflect.

He's gone so I guess that's his way of deflecting, or he's taking a swig of his bear, scratching his balls, playing Farmville, and will get back to us once he has time to gather his thoughts.

Old 01-31-2013, 05:04 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seekingcreativity View Post
He's gone so I guess that's his way of deflecting, or he's taking a swig of his bear, scratching his balls, playing Farmville, and will get back to us once he has time to gather his thoughts.
Swig of his "bear"? LOL! Watch out that bear just might swing back.

Old 01-31-2013, 06:35 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Swig of his "bear"? LOL! Watch out that bear just might swing back.

LMBBO!! Oops!! I'm not all in the head right now. Just found out that a friend of mine died this morning. You should have seen me at work today smh

Old 02-01-2013, 07:30 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Why do you assume I had anything to do with the election or congress? I don't even like Obamacare, it won't do anything to address the cost of healthcare.

Obamacare raises everyone's tax liability with some exceptions thrown in, now you can reduce this tax by purchasing healthcare. When your taxes are raised you usually don't have a choice how it is spent or in paying, but discretionary income by definition is the amount of an individual's income that is left for spending, investing or saving after taxes and personal necessities.

I still have control over my discretionary income, I can't see why you wouldn't.
Yes don't purchase anything.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:50 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,451,833 times
The GOP is such a confusing party, like a bunch of teenage girls..

Do you like taxes or do you not like them? Do you want open borders so that these migrants families can all move here or do you not? Is there some sort of mastermind prank going on in the Republican party against Democrats?

You guys win, where are the cameras at?? We've been PUNK'D!

Old 02-02-2013, 12:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Heck I could care less whether or not they pay taxes.

That's money made in the US but not circulated back in the US.
That's money made here and being shipped off somewhere else.

Old 02-02-2013, 12:55 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,707,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
How migrants are sending £335BILLION to their struggling families back home... more than three times the world's total aid budget

How about taxing remittances since Obama think taxing the rich would help his social programs ?
In the USA, it's very easy -- the immigrants have a very low marriage rate so welfare handouts are extremely easy for them to get even if they're here illegally. Illegals are not obligated to pay child support to thei children they sire -- and they sire a whole lot of children here.

Also illegals pay no federal income tax which is a huge advantage for them. If they're working under a stolen social security number, they know to declare 9 or 10 dependents so that no tax is withheld, and of course if they work for cash under the table they pay no income tax. They get free medical care, they aren't even sent a bill from the hospitals. They pay no health insurance premiums, more often than not they don't buy automobilie insurance. All that leaves them many hundreds of dollars a month after expenses which they can send home.

Yes, why not tax some of those billions of dollars leaving the country each month?

Old 02-02-2013, 02:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
The law of averages tells this story.

Who comes to the USA illegally to work? Poor Mexicans, El Salvadorians, etc. Not rich Mexicans, El Salvadorians, etc.

Who gets paid under the table to work because they can't pass an E-Verify or other background check? Poor Mexicans, El Salvadorians, etc. Not rich Mexicans El Salvadorians, etc.

By extrapolation, we can logically assume that 11 million illegal immigrants are in fact being paid under the table and thus NOT paying income taxes.

Not so hard to understand in my opinion.

Amid U.S. unemployment crisis, illegal aliens sending even more money to Mexico - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com
And who is employing these immigrants at sub standard wages and not paying employer Payroll taxes?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies