U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2013, 02:19 PM

1,167 posts, read 1,052,482 times

Advertisements

I don't see it...

Arab-American groups call Coke Super Bowl ad ''racist'' | Reuters
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 02:22 PM

25,058 posts, read 25,924,318 times
These kinds of "groups" are what I call professional whiners. If they don't whine and complain, they are not getting paid. Faux outrage

Old 01-31-2013, 03:03 PM

9,699 posts, read 4,617,974 times
Before all the Conservatives on here start crying about groups being oversensitive, remember how butt-hurt they were when Obama called them bitter clingers...

Old 01-31-2013, 03:09 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,166,170 times
I could recite "Mary had a little lamb", and some chronic whiner would pop up and announce it was racist.

Why pay any attention to such people?

Life's too short.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:10 PM

19,390 posts, read 11,040,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieB.Good View Post
Before all the Conservatives on here start crying about groups being oversensitive, remember how butt-hurt they were when Obama called them bitter clingers...

So what you are saying is that since Obama called conservatives "bitter clingers" then it is NOT ok for Coke to have a comercial with an Arab leading a camel who cannot win a race to a giant bottle of coke in the desert?

im confused.

Old 01-31-2013, 03:28 PM

9,699 posts, read 4,617,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
So what you are saying is that since Obama called conservatives "bitter clingers" then it is NOT ok for Coke to have a comercial with an Arab leading a camel who cannot win a race to a giant bottle of coke in the desert?

im confused.
No. I've always agreed that Obama made a poor choice of words. I never called the people that were offended by how they were being characterized as stereotypes babies or sensitive or professional whiners etc.

So now that that's clear, where do you fall on the "bitter clinger" outrage vs "camel rider" outrage...

Old 02-01-2013, 01:15 PM

1,031 posts, read 1,344,723 times
Stupid complaints. Just like Lego being racist. I agree with theunbrainwashed, just people getting paid to start some sort of controversy.

Old 02-09-2013, 11:49 PM

23,715 posts, read 28,185,423 times
In nearly every Arab country I've been in, the most common modes of transportation in the rural areas have been either a camel or a donkey (or a cart pulled by a donkey). Camels are very common when navigating the deserts and mountainous areas. To them this is their 4x4. Even in the UAE and Saudia Arabia camels are used by multiple status levels. It sounds more like American westernized Arabs who want Americans to visualize them as something else and deny a reality that does exist today. Whats next, Arab use of tents?

Old 02-10-2013, 05:42 AM

4,373 posts, read 3,041,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.XXX View Post
You're not of Arab descent, so of course you don't see it. They feel that it's racist and have justified their claim. Don't blame someone else for your lack of racial sensitivity.

Yes we all have different opinions, but you saying "I don't get it" just proves that you're part of the "dislike all Arabs because they're Arabs crowd".

Old 02-10-2013, 08:01 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,381,382 times
Didn't see the ad, but from what I read, it could be Dubai. It's the LV of the Middle East.

It's not even a group of Arab Americans. It's one professor who voiced his perception of the ad and an individual from some obscure institute and they do not represent the Arab American population. I'm sure the majority of Arab Americans would either laugh at the commerical or totally ignore it.

I'm so sick and tired of people finding something to offend them, whether it's religion, race or ethnicity.

We're so "politically correct" that you can't breathe or look at someone without offending them. Just how far is all this political correctness going to go? Are we heading to government censorship on anything that has to do with race, religion or ethnicity??

We're at the point where people are not acting out because their sensibilities have been offended, they are acting out of their damn stupidty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies