Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2013, 11:39 AM

62,872 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padgett2 View Post
So you are saying that the culture of all the areas of the USA are the same? Maine and Mississsippi are the same? Same tastes in music, arts, etc?

What would be the mainstream culture in ALL of the states? This is a big country.

I think that one of the great things about our country is that we ARE different in Culture, Lifestyles, and Thought. The midwestern farming area is very different from Big City, USA. We run into trouble when we think that we are all alike. Sure, we share the same language, but we are different.
Ever heard of the melting pot? "Out of many, ONE". There are slight variances in the different areas of the U.S. but we are still bound together by the English language and a basic mainstream culture. Don't like it then tough! The facts are the facts. Remain in denial if you wish. You're probably one of those that would love to change our basic culture and language to something else. I've read this crappola from people with an agenda like you before.

Old 04-11-2013, 11:46 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,285 times
White minority places are largely either third world hellholes or decrepit inner cities.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:54 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Ever heard of the melting pot? "Out of many, ONE". There are slight variances in the different areas of the U.S. but we are still bound together by the English language and a basic mainstream culture. Don't like it then tough! The facts are the facts. Remain in denial if you wish. You're probably one of those that would love to change our basic culture and language to something else. I've read this crappola from people with an agenda like you before.
Sorry. I don't quite understand what you are talking about. What agenda do I have?? I am in denial of what?

Yes, we are the melting pot. And out of many One. I think it would be a good thing if we continued to be a melting pot. Maybe we could give others the same chance that our forefathers gave to the strangers of their time.

Our basic "culture" and language was the American Indian Culture at one time. Then, people with an agenda (guess what that was.) came and changed it. Do you wish to go back to that Culture? There many Indian dialects. Which one do you think we should learn?

Did you know that at the time of the Revolutionary War, there was a big stew about whether our language was going to be English or German?

I still have no idea what you mean by "our basic mainstream culture."

Old 04-11-2013, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Sorry. I don't quite understand what you are talking about. What agenda do I have?? I am in denial of what?

Yes, we are the melting pot. And out of many One. I think it would be a good thing if we continued to be a melting pot. Maybe we could give others the same chance that our forefathers gave to the strangers of their time.

Our basic "culture" and language was the American Indian Culture at one time. Then, people with an agenda (guess what that was.) came and changed it. Do you wish to go back to that Culture? There many Indian dialects. Which one do you think we should learn?

Did you know that at the time of the Revolutionary War, there was a big stew about whether our language was going to be English or German?

Our basic culture once this country became the USA was never of American Indian culture. What are you talking about? It was based on British European culture. Why are you going back to before this country became the USA? Yes, I am aware about the English vs German debate. Guess what language was chosen? So your point is?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,919,738 times
Quote:

I'm still stumped by what is our "culture"? Britain has more of a culture than the US does, what is our culture? Mindless consumerism, gun fetishism, British? (don't laugh, the US is NOTHING like the UK, I know from personal experience). Perhaps Oldglory can tell us, besides language, what our culture is, since to me, it seems to differ from region to region

Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,391,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm still stumped by what is our "culture"? Britain has more of a culture than the US does, what is our culture? Mindless consumerism, gun fetishism, British? (don't laugh, the US is NOTHING like the UK, I know from personal experience). Perhaps Oldglory can tell us, besides language, what our culture is, since to me, it seems to differ from region to region

Every country has a culture. Canada has a culture, Mexico, Brazil... even though all those places, like the United States, were built on immigration and melding of cultures from other places. The fact is that almost all of the New World has always been a melting pot.

I think America definitely has a culture that is an amalgamation of everything that's put into it. I don't think it's readily palpable to those of us who LIVE in the culture. We don't have a national costume, but we do have fashion icons. We don't have a traditional national dance, but we do have dance styles that get exported around the world.

The way we work, our mass media culture (TV, music and movies), our car culture... there are certain holidays and shared experiences that we will have no matter where we grow up by virtue of being an American.

I'm not sure if adding more Latin influence will end up spoiling the melting pot and turning us into another Spain-Catalan, Canada-Quebec nightmare. Certainly English is the one thing that can help bring disparate groups in America together. Frankly, excessive accommodation of Spanish is unfair to other immigrant groups. My family are immigrants and nobody accommodated THEIR language (luckily Portuguese is close enough to Spanish, however, that it made some transitioning easier than if they were Korean or Russian).

Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM

7,099 posts, read 27,175,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Our basic culture once this country became the USA was never of American Indian culture. What are you talking about? It was based on British European culture. Why are you going back to before this country became the USA? Yes, I am aware about the English vs German debate. Guess what language was chosen? So your point is?
What is your point in evading the question..... What is our basic mainstream culture?

Old 04-11-2013, 01:44 PM

200 posts, read 273,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Explain.
Look outside and see for yourself. Aside from a major demographic shift and cultural annihilation resulting from mass immigration, turn on the TV and look at the degradation, look at our wide open purposely ignored border, we have terrorists living within our borders, white kids sagging their pants embarassing themselves and their family, feminism and skinny jeans, oh yeah and then there's this little thing called an economy that is falling apart. We live in a greedy perverted degenerate society devoid of one ounce of culture or morals. In fact, you say it's white culture that is celebrated all the time? Ha! If anything, it's a mix of liberal feminism and black culture!

Quote:
What is BS is your continued assertion that the central focus of the world's history is Europe. All that shows is that you are a product of the Eurocentric racist socialization and education you have received. This society has, by law and by practice, always promoted the history and culture of Europe and descendants of Europeans as being more important than the history and culture of others. That is a fact.
Bull! Liberals have held control over the education system since the 60s. Even this country they've held the reigns. Liberals are no friend of any "white pride" nor nationalism. This is why when a white person has pride in his people, he's racist. When a nonwhite is proud to be black or proud to be latino or proud to be Asian it's "healthy." And they have pushed minority rights so far as to give them preferential status about everywhere they go. They are enemies. Eurocentric give me a friggin break. It's not a secret nor a lie that Europe has by far been the greatest producer of inventions, discoveries, and advancements in the world. And as for learning history of civilizations.. what exactly are we going to learn about black civilization? A few days of inventions in which they used European education and European technology to invent or make their discovery, which is already in the history books (and before you try and BS me say you never learned it, we didn't learn about most inventions in history but mainly political history). And I recall spending a lot of time on the ancient Chinese and Mesopatamia which was caucasian. Fact is, Europe has maintained its leading role in the world while they have not hence why only a limited amount of time is spent on China and Mesopatamia. To balance them all out equally would be retarded considering Europe has been the center of the modern world for thousands of years. Learning about purely black civilization would require learning nothing but chucking spears and eating bugs. They didn't even keep records for us to learn from and there are tribes still untouched to this day living in the stone ages! Yet we know what happened in Europe before Jesus Christ was born.

Last edited by lobsta; 04-11-2013 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 04-11-2013, 02:49 PM

200 posts, read 273,866 times
Quote:
We have a culture?????? Wow. Like what?
Here are just a couple examples of what I consider American

Not this trash

Last edited by lobsta; 04-11-2013 at 03:05 PM..

Old 04-11-2013, 05:56 PM

Quote:
What is your point in evading the question..... What is our basic mainstream culture?
I didn't evade the question. I answered it. If you don't know what it is and have to ask then you aren't an American in reality but an agitator that thinks we are just a mutt nation with no main identity. As I said you are probably one of those that can't stand the main culture so you pretend it doesn't exist and wish to change it to something else. Good luck with that. End of discussion. I love the ignore feature in this forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies