Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2013, 02:53 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It isn't about skin color so put your race card back in your wallet. It is about an unnatural transformation of our country via illegal immigration. Having white skin is no longer a priviledge in this country anyway with AA and jobs requiring Spanish nowadays. Leave it to the lefty liberals to bring up white supremists who are a minority in this country to make their invald points.
Which jobs in this country require the knowledge of Spanish? I must've missed them.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Let em fix their own damned countries. They take our jobs, reduce the wages for jobs and increase our taxes, overcrowd our schools, jails and hospitals and you're ok with that?
Well, given that the white American man has been f'g with Latin countries for oh, just about forever...

Old 02-26-2013, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
Yep. Including the fears of liberals that Christians are the American Taliban
Aren't they?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
I agree. I don't give a rat's behind what skin color future Americans might have. It is our culture and language that is important to me. Illegal immigration and encouragement not to assimilate to them is what I have a problem with. Why isn't our country allowed to retain its national identity and some even wish to change it for some reason. There are also some whojust can't wait till every white skinned, blue-eyed blonde person is irradicated from our soil also and that is just plain racist on their part.
Old, what cultural characteristics of American culture are you afraid will be lost? And by the way, it's spelled eradicated, not irradicated.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:07 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Quote:
What will a white-minority US look like?

It will look like the NBA. Big deal.

Go Heat!!!

PS Vast majority of latinos are white.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 02-26-2013 at 03:23 PM..

Old 02-26-2013, 03:20 PM

733 posts, read 939,896 times
Well if I recall correctly Italians and other European ethnicities weren't considered white in America before now they've been assimilating into that, I'm thinking the same might try to happen with "Hispanics" I mean Spanish culture is European and except for the brown and proud crowd and those trying to reclaim their indigenous heritage they can probably be assimilated into being white, I mean the census had that change with not putting Hispanic or Latino as a race and most of them put that they were Hispanic whites so it could happen concievably

I hardly see white people being outnumbered in the Unites States as a big deal though, then again I grew up in LA where they are outnumbered so it just be more of what I'm used to nationwide

Old 02-26-2013, 03:28 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Which jobs in this country require the knowledge of Spanish? I must've missed them.
Bilingual teachers.

Old 02-26-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I have never competed with illegal immigrants for jobs.

1) I've never been a sharecropper
2) I've never done highly underpaid cleaning
3) I've never worked in any filthy, underpaid job at an unsupervised factory.

I'm pretty surprised you should mention that, because I thought perhaps you held jobs better than those which illegal immigrants generally take. Was I right or wrong?

Do you work at (and compete for) jobs at unlivable wages, which involve horrendous living conditions?
Does the fact that you don't mean that nobody does?

Old 02-26-2013, 03:33 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,522,258 times
In the future when you ask for hot sauce you'll get Tapatio or Sriracha instead of Tabasco. This will be a big change for a lot of Americans...

Luckily I'm already used to all three...

Old 02-26-2013, 03:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I have never noticed that the quality of a person's work correlated with the color of their skin.

The problem with a multi race is it will become a place where having a white skin face will no longer guarantee privilege. That is a big problem for the white supremacists not to mention the anti-feminists.

Get ready white guys. You are getting some competition for a change.
Is preferential treatment for minorities in hiring legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in education legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in government contracts legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for minorities in small business loans legal? Yes
Is preferential treatment for white men legal in any situation whatsoever? No

Has this situation been the case for decades? Yes

Sorry but the white privilege stuff is kind of old school. It isn't 1963 anymore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies