Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:44 PM

468 posts, read 553,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkaos2 View Post
One thing I don't like is when people say that there is a right to complain about injustice. But what they really mean is that there is a right to complain about the particular injustices that they approve of. You don't have a right to complain about injustices that they haven't authorized complaints over.

The Palestinians can complain about the Jews. But then wasn't Isreal established by the UN precisely because the Palestinians had expelled the Jews from it in the first place? I mean the location of Israel wasn't just picked at random. So why is a Palestinian killing a Jew fighting for freedom but a Jew killing a Palestinian is oppression? Because they simply stop history at a particular point of their choosing. Complaints about slavery start with the slaves hitting the shores of America. The blacks who actually captured and sold those slaves into bondage in the first place are free from blame. And people who have no right to talk about slavery because it wasn't their ancestors in slavery? Uh, what about the Romans and Greeks who both kept whites as slaves?

People pick arbitrary points in history based on current politics to declare a right to complain about or ask for policy changes over and ignore all the rest.
That is definitely not me, in fact my stance here has been to focus on that bias. All my posts on this thread can attest to that as well as my posting history. I've spoken up several times -right on this thread- about slavery of blacks being blamed alone on whites when arab muslims did it longer and had an equally destructive effect. I've also pointed out about genocide of native americans by whites AND the ongoing subtle campaign of occupation of white lands..I've started threads on it.

On the palestinian issue; they are not the oppressors here. The world thinks they should be nice as possible to the Israelis who slaughtered them and took the vast majority of their land which they'll likely they get back. Many live in conditions resembling that of concentration camps, & the mass media does not record their pain when Israel use US-supplied chemical weapons to kill mostly innocents. I should like to see how people under those conditions will react. I suggest you educate yourself on the history of Palestine starting with the British role, the Balfour declaration, WWII and the world zionist federation.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:18 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,732,593 times
You're discussing the conflict between Britain and Ireland. There's good cause why there should be hard feelings between Ireland and the Brits.

However, with regard to the U.S., you must be referring to indentured servitude, which I'm familiar with. Irish slaves were taken primarily to Barbados and other parts of the continent, usually, and almost none to the U.S.. In fact, since you like looking things up, you might like to look up "barbadosed," which was the term given to kidnapping Irish people, enslaving them and taking them to Barbados. You're confusing the U.S. with Barbados and other parts of the American continent.

Quote:
Not all were sent willingly. Several instances of kidnapping for transportation to the Americas are recorded and this falls more clearly into the bracket of "white slave". Whilst these white slaves were often indentured in the same way as their willing counterparts it is an important distinction to make. An illustrative example of such a kidnap story is that of Peter Williamson (1730-1799).
Most white immigrants arrived in Colonial America as indentured servants, usually as young men and women from Britain or Germany, under the age of 21. Typically, the father of a teenager would sign the legal papers, and work out an arrangement with a ship captain, who would not charge the father any money.[2] The captain would transport the indentured servants to the American colonies, and sell their legal papers to someone who needed workers. At the end of the indenture, the young person was given a new suit of clothes and was free to leave. Many immediately set out to begin their own farms, while others used their newly acquired skills to pursue a trade.[3][4][5]
Indentured servant - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nowadays, right wingers use the story of the barbadosed Irish as if Irish were brought in to the U.S. as Africans were. I noticed most of the links are associated with right wingers asking why African-Americans complain about having been slaves, if the Irish were enslaved too, as if the stories were parallel, which they are not by any stretch of the imagination.

Old 03-06-2013, 04:39 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlyCurious View Post
That is definitely not me, in fact my stance here has been to focus on that bias. All my posts on this thread can attest to that as well as my posting history. I've spoken up several times -right on this thread- about slavery of blacks being blamed alone on whites when arab muslims did it longer and had an equally destructive effect. I've also pointed out about genocide of native americans by whites AND the ongoing subtle campaign of occupation of white lands..I've started threads on it.

On the palestinian issue; they are not the oppressors here. The world thinks they should be nice as possible to the Israelis who slaughtered them and took the vast majority of their land which they'll likely they get back. Many live in conditions resembling that of concentration camps, & the mass media does not record their pain when Israel use US-supplied chemical weapons to kill mostly innocents. I should like to see how people under those conditions will react. I suggest you educate yourself on the history of Palestine starting with the British role, the Balfour declaration, WWII and the world zionist federation.
I suggest the fact that I don't agree with you doesn't indicate I'm not educated on the issue, and that remark is evidence of you doing exactly what you're posting that you don't do. That being, that while both sides have suffered and both sides have done wrong, only one side should be blamed. The actions of the "approved" side are justified. So while decrying the biased view of the slavery issue, you promote a biased view of the Middle East conflict.

And note, I am not saying that Israel is innocent. I am saying both sides are guilty.

Old 03-06-2013, 05:42 PM

73,008 posts, read 62,598,043 times
What it would look like, it's anyone's guess. It is whatever we all choose to make of it. It can either be a nice place to live, or a bad place to live. The same reigns true with the USA being a majority White nation. It depends on how we treat each other, what we do, educating ourselves, personal responsibility,etc.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:29 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Were the Irish placed in shackles? Were their wives raped by their masters, and their children also enslaved? Were their children taken from them and sold for a profit? Were they made to work from sun-up to sundown while their masters sat on their keisters enjoying themselves? Were they stripped and whipped, tortured, branded, sold, maimed, starved, blinded? Were they hunted down with hunting dogs if they tried to run? Were they then "freed" only to have every state pass anti-black laws of all kinds which put blacks right back into a fearful and horrific situation? Were there organizations that set off from Baptist churches, covered in sheets, to burn down Irish homes and shoot and hang families? I can continue if you wish.
As they say: so what? Jim Crow was killed before most of us were born. I was a little kid when the Virginia law bannng whites from marrying Blacks was shot down by the SCOTUS.

It ain't generally the anglo white dudes who are messing up the Black and Indian ladies in 2013: it's their "men" who are doing the deed.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
What it would look like, it's anyone's guess. It is whatever we all choose to make of it. It can either be a nice place to live, or a bad place to live. The same reigns true with the USA being a majority White nation. It depends on how we treat each other, what we do, educating ourselves, personal responsibility,etc.
Well with continued illegal immigration personal responsibility will be out the window. We will be a country ruled by lawlessness, selfishness with no personal responsibility among the new majority.

Old 03-06-2013, 06:50 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Most problems can't be completely solved so what is your point? Don't do anything unless it completely solves the problem? Surely you jest. Yes, outsourcing is also a problem but so is illegal immigration why not deport illegal aliens and that at least solves half the problem?

You just watch and see how Spanish becomes our dominant language with so many illegal aliens and Hispanics in general that are adamant about speaking Spanish. Why would you want to see your native language of English become a minority language in your own country? If you do, then you are a part of the problem. There is no way of separating Hispanics from illegal immigration since they are the ones here by far in the largest numbers illegally and their legal counterparts are advocating for them.
Spanish will not become our dominant language EVER, because 2nd generation kids here always lose the ability to speak the language of their ancestors. We would have to switch to Spanish as the predominant language taught in schools for this to occur. It ain't gonna happen! EVER!

Last edited by Futuremauian; 03-06-2013 at 07:41 PM..

Old 03-06-2013, 07:03 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Futuremauian View Post
Spanish will not become our dominant language EVER, because 2nd generation kids here always lose the ability to speak the language of their ancestors. We would have to switch to Spanish as the predominate language taught in schools for this to occur. It ain't gonna happen! EVER!
If and when Hispanics become the majority in this country due to massive legal and illegal immigration just watch and see. Most Hispanics I know are adamant about their language and even those who know how to speak English refuse to speak it unless they have to. Learning Spanish is even being pushed in a lot of our southwestern schools.

Let me give you Miami as an example. Need I say more?

Old 03-06-2013, 08:07 PM

6,384 posts, read 4,829,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If and when Hispanics become the majority in this country due to massive legal and illegal immigration just watch and see. Most Hispanics I know are adamant about their language and even those who know how to speak English refuse to speak it unless they have to. Learning Spanish is even being pushed in a lot of our southwestern schools.

Let me give you Miami as an example. Need I say more?
As the primary language? NOT!
Even if Hispanics become the majority in this country, most will have lost Spanish, as even a second language. For your scenario to occur, hundreds of millions would have to come here all at once. It simply won't happen. I have taught 1000's of Hispanic kids over the last 30 years. Their families have the exact same goals for their children as non-hispanic caucasian families. They have a strong work ethic, are family-oriented, etc..
When compared to the situation that is developing in much of Europe, I'm pretty happy with our newcomers.
BTW: Our economy is dependant upon an ever-increasing population. Caucasians in this country aren't producing them any longer.

Old 03-06-2013, 08:11 PM

7,359 posts, read 5,462,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
Powerful force is right.....not necessarily always for the benefit of humanity. And not all Presidents were great leaders. Some were colossal failures.
Which justifies making snarky remarks about America's presidents in general? Not everything they did was good and not every one of them was great, so therefore let's trash the whole lot of them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies