Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
I am white,male,and American as well. I do care about the demographics because for the past 50 years whites,especially white males have been the bad guy for every ill that is wrong with this nation,being a minority is just going to make things worse...the race that built this country is dying off and being driven away and being turned over to the hordes pouring across our borders at break neck speed and everyone sees nothing wrong with it...ugh. Sooner I can move to Europe the better...at least Russia gives breaks to families with lots of kids,some even celebrate their heritage in the open...Latvia,Russia,Finland maybe...anywhere but this dump that America is turning in to.Its become the toilet of the world.
And yet, you don't care what was done to Black people over a span of 250+ years. And there are alot of non-White people living in Europe too, the former USSR as well. Many people from Central Asia have gone to Russia since the 1990s.

America was never a "White" nation to begin with. Indigenous peoples lived there first, then Europeans came, and some "brought" Black African slaves with them.

I know your thinking. You have fear because for you, it is about control and power. It scares you that now non-White people can have more economic and political power.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:03 PM

62,949 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I'm male, I'm Black, I'm American. I was born and raised in this country. This nation is as much my nation as any other American citizen. I don't care where the demographics slide either way. If it because a Whiter nation, okay. If there are less White people, okay. What matters to me is how I'm treated in this nation and having freedom.
You wouldn't care if the demographics of this country were changed via illegal immigration /from mostly one ethnic group/natonality? As for me I don't have a problem with any race or ethnic group in this country as long as they are here legally. Yes, I am white but why is it that every dominant white country is supposed to roll over and accept a significant cultural change to their countries via too much legal and illegal immigration and yet if China, Mexico for example were to have their identities/demographics as countries changed in that manner there would be outrage over it? To object to it in the U.S. is considered racist for some odd reason.
Please someone explain that to me. Is Canada next? Mind you this isn't about race so much as it is about culture.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
You wouldn't care if the demographics of this country were changed via illegal immigration /from mostly one ethnic group/natonality? As for me I don't have a problem with any race or ethnic group in this country as long as they are here legally. Yes, I am white but why is it that every dominant white country is supposed to roll over and accept a significant cultural change to their countries via too much legal and illegal immigration and yet if China, Mexico for example were to have their identities/demographics as countries changed in that manner there would be outrage over it?
Please someone explain that to me. Is Canada next? Mind you this isn't about race so much as it is about culture.
I have not heard any kind of outrage from China or Mexico. Alot of non-Whites are moving to Canada, and the immigration standards are stricter for Canada.

And at this point, I'm more worried about other people are saying. The statement I said wasn't directed to you though.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:13 PM

Quote:
And yet, you don't care what was done to Black people over a span of 250+ years. And there are alot of non-White people living in Europe too, the former USSR as well. Many people from Central Asia have gone to Russia since the 1990s.

America was never a "White" nation to begin with. Indigenous peoples lived there first, then Europeans came, and some "brought" Black African slaves with them.

I know your thinking. You have fear because for you, it is about control and power. It scares you that now non-White people can have more economic and political power.
When the U.S. became a nation it was not the so-called indigenous who were the domimant society in this country anymore it was non-hispanic whites. It doesn't bother me that the countries in Africa are dominated by blacks or that China is dominated by the Asians so why all the fuss that the U.S. is dominated by non-hispanic whites? I have no problem with minorities at all. It isn't about power either to me. It is about losing our nation's identifying culture and language via illegal immigration. Blacks mostly speak English which is a part of that culture. Do you want to see our country's language diluted or changed via illegal immigratlon? If so, perhaps you had better start learning Spanish. As for me I refuse because we aren't a Hispanic nation and that isn't our identifying culture. I'll be damned if I would ever be ok with our country being changed in that unlawful and unnatural manner.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:15 PM

Quote:
I have not heard any kind of outrage from China or Mexico. Alot of non-Whites are moving to Canada, and the immigration standards are stricter for Canada.

And at this point, I'm more worried about other people are saying. The statement I said wasn't directed to you though.
That's because it isn't happening in China and Mexico! It was a hypothetical. I know your remarks weren't directed at me but after reading your posts I just wanted to get your views on this subject.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:19 PM

Quote:
That's because it isn't happening in China and Mexico! It was a hypothetical. I know your remarks weren't directed at me but after reading your posts I just wanted to get your views on this subject.
I haven't thought about the subject. By nationality and citizenship, I'm American, but I tend to think of myself as a global citizen. I rarely think about things like that. The question is this. Why don't alot of people want to move to Mexico or China?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:21 PM

Quote:
When the U.S. became a nation it was not the so-called indigenous who were the domimant society in this country anymore it was non-hispanic whites. It doesn't bother me that the countries in Africa are dominated by blacks or that China is dominated by the Asians so why all the fuss that the U.S. is dominated by non-hispanic whites? I have no problem with minorities at all. It isn't about power either to me. It is about losing our nation's identifying culture and language via illegal immigration. Blacks mostly speak English which is a part of that culture. Do you want to see our country's language diluted or changed via illegal immigratlon? If so, perhaps you had better start learning Spanish. As for me I refuse because we aren't a Hispanic nation and that isn't our identifying culture. I'll be damned if I would ever be ok with our country being changed in that unlawful and unnatural manner.
Indigenous people were not the dominant group because they were subjected to a conquest.

I don't want to see English die. That being said, I feel like there will always be people in this nation speaking English into the future. And in addition to English, I know French.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I haven't thought about the subject. By nationality and citizenship, I'm American, but I tend to think of myself as a global citizen. I rarely think about things like that. The question is this. Why don't alot of people want to move to Mexico or China?
The subject I was talking about was the changing of the demographics and culture of our nation via illegal immigration. You haven't thought about that or you don't care? Most Americans like living in the U.S. why would they want to move to either of those other countries? Mexico has stricter immigration laws than we do and China is even pickier. You see, they want China to remain Asian in identity and rightly so. They take pride in their culture and heritage. What's interesting to note is that they don't get called racist for that but we do.

Old 03-28-2013, 03:02 PM

3,010 posts, read 6,307,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GhostOfTheReich View Post
I am white,male,and American as well. I do care about the demographics because for the past 50 years whites,especially white males have been the bad guy for every ill that is wrong with this nation,being a minority is just going to make things worse...the race that built this country is dying off and being driven away and being turned over to the hordes pouring across our borders at break neck speed and everyone sees nothing wrong with it...ugh. Sooner I can move to Europe the better...at least Russia gives breaks to families with lots of kids,some even celebrate their heritage in the open...Latvia,Russia,Finland maybe...anywhere but this dump that America is turning in to.Its become the toilet of the world.
And do you think packing up and moving will solve the problem?

Old 03-28-2013, 03:03 PM

Quote:
Indigenous people were not the dominant group because they were subjected to a conquest.

I don't want to see English die. That being said, I feel like there will always be people in this nation speaking English into the future. And in addition to English, I know French.
Of course but that's all in the past and irrelevant. Sure English won't be annhilated completely but my point and question to you was are you ok with our national language, culture and demographics being changing via illegal immigration? If so, why? Still waiting.

You think of yourself as a global citizen? In another post you said you think of yourself as an American citizen. Which is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies