Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 10:11 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,269,927 times

Advertisements

Something that really creeps me out about all of these end of "white" people threads is the emphasis some people place on color, not the substance of the person.

It really is the basis of racism, isn't it.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:47 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
Brazil is not predominately white. I think you mean Argentina.
Brazil is 49% White, a percentage and half point from being majority white.

Still stand by my statement that English speaking does not equal White.

Old 04-03-2013, 10:48 PM

1,127 posts, read 903,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
1. Brazil speaks Portuguese, which is very similar to Spanish.
2. Brazil isn't predominately white anymore. They might have to give minorities civil right protections soon.

Minorities now officially a majority in Brazil - CNN.com
Italian is similar to Spanish, does that mean Italians = Mexicans???

Old 04-04-2013, 06:29 AM

4,432 posts, read 6,980,469 times
Well even though White People in America proportion to the rest of the population will decline they would still be the nations biggest racial group. In addition there is a bias in the article enclosed. It seemed if you were White you would vote for Rommey.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:43 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
A rather interesting article on the future make up of America, will it become another Brazil ?
130 million Hispanics ? yet Romney was saying that the USA is just like the UK a Anglo-Saxon country, he was drawing a long bow to say a country with majority Hispanics and blacks is a Anglo- Saxon country.
Still there is hope for White American liberals, you can always move to Canada/Australia as long as you have the skills we need.

The USA in fifty years will be an interesting country, Spanish speaking ?

Death of white America: How will US adapt to millions of black and Hispanic voters who put Obama back into power | Mail Online
Most blacks don't speak Spanish for one thing. If we are to become a Hispanic country in identity and Spanish were to become the dominant language what happened to the claims that Hispanics learn English and assimilate? No, if this were to happen it would be directly due to illegal immigration. Anyone who would be up for that unnatural and unlawful transformation has an agenda.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tk101 View Post
I dont see why this is even important. Unless one cares about "race". As with many countries throughout history, population demographics shift, such things happen...
Who cares !?!
Read my prior post and then get back with me. It isn't about race but our culture, heritage and national language being transformed via illegal immigration. That is an unnatural and unlawful demographic shift. Those who are the real racists are those who want to see this country changed in that manner.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
So what?
Talk to me like I am really dense; I don't see the problem here.
Is it that white people don't want to, or cannot, learn Spanish?
What is the big deal?
White people? What about black people? Do you think blacks want to learn the language of illegal invaders? Since when should a country lose its national language, culture due to illegal immigration? If you don't see a problem with that then you have some kind of an agenda.

Old 04-04-2013, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Something that really creeps me out about all of these end of "white" people threads is the emphasis some people place on color, not the substance of the person.

It really is the basis of racism, isn't it.
No, it's about an unnatural and unlawful transformation of our country via ILLEGAL immigration mostly from south of our border. Learn to know the difference. It isn't about race only to those who are licking their chops over a Hispanic takeover and the browning of America. You've got the racist hat on the wrong head! Someone who breaks our immigration laws are not persons of substance.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:00 AM

9,127 posts, read 7,939,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Australia is 92% white/Caucasian/European.
and only 22 million. Mexico City has 28 million. whats your point.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:03 AM

17,291 posts, read 29,389,796 times
Brazil's racial makeup is not anywhere near what is in store for the United States. Brazil has a much higher mullatto (black/white) population than the USA will have. Mexicans make up the majority of Hispanic immigration to the United States.

Ironically, where so many in America today - black AND white - pretends they have a "great great grandmother who was a Cherokee".... the future may be "I have a great great great grandmother who was an Aztec"... and it might actually be true!

However, it is unlikely that as Mexico's economy improves along with South America's fortunes, that immigration will go unabated forever. At some point Europe reached a good standard of life to the point where people preferred to stay home. That WILL happen re: Latin American immigration.

Then, assuming every Hispanic in the country today were to mix into the existing population of whites and blacks and Asians, we're probably going to look very much more like a Southern European country, like Spain or Portugal or Italy, than a Central European country.... or, perhaps one of the whiter Latin American countries like Argentina.

Let's not forget that Portugal and Spain have endured ACTUAL colonization by North Africans in their history, importation of black slaves (especially Portugal) to the point that in the 1600s they represented 10% of the population or more in parts of the country ... that population was essentially "blended in" - figuratively and literally - into the cultures and people. Today in Spain the state of Catalan causes more problems for national unity than any immigrants. (Though Iberia DID have to forcefully push the Caliphate out).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.