Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do you think of the idea of whites becoming a Minority in America?
I don't want it to have a negative affect on America 5 8.62%
As long as the core principals of America is believe in we might be ok. 9 15.52%
Do you think it can be stopped? 7 12.07%
I think it will result in a less free, less prosperous nation 9 15.52%
I think it will result in a failing state like South Africa 8 13.79%
I think It will end in conflict 8 13.79%
I think it will end the American Culture as we have know it 14 24.14%
Other, explain 10 17.24%
Skin color does not matter culture and ideology does. 23 39.66%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM

9,127 posts, read 7,912,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Where in the world are you getting this nonsense? Here we go with the race card again. Got it laminated yet?
I play one card...the human race card.

Racism was a term used by others in the past to make understanding of why others loathed them...so the only "reason" oppresed peoples could figure out why others subjugated them was the obvious differences of skin color. Today, people understand all former claims of "racial" inferiority made of people of color were and are bogus.

Homo sapien sapiens is the one and only race. All other "racial" divisions are segregates. All humans are individuals and must be judged on the specific content of their character and comportment.

Humans today are "catogorized" and "marginalized" on much more than precieved "racial"[slin color] differences...Today Intolerence has over-taken "racism" as the mode of discrimination.

Intolerants catagorize and marginalize others based on religion, sexuality, language, wealth, just to name a few.

Old 04-05-2013, 08:22 PM

7,138 posts, read 10,976,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Outside China you really won't be speaking Chinese. More companies and international organizations require French or English language skills than Chinese or Spanish. If the number of native speakers was the only factor then Hindi and Spanish would be more important to know than English.
Mandarin Chinese Most Useful Business Language After English - Bloomberg

Old 04-05-2013, 08:56 PM

1,635 posts, read 1,588,128 times
East.St.Louis. Gary,IN.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:04 PM

72,817 posts, read 62,167,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
East.St.Louis. Gary,IN.
I replied to you on another post, the one where you mentioned Detroit. For some reason, I believe you ignored it.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 PM

11,768 posts, read 10,217,758 times
Like I said, outside China you aren't likely to use Chinese.

“In much the same way that the dollar remains the preferred currency, English will remain the preferred language for the foreseeable future,” Hafrey said in a telephone interview.
Mandarin speakers can gain an advantage in doing business in China, Hafrey said.

Old 04-05-2013, 10:07 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,372,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Racism was a term used by others in the past to make understanding of why others loathed them...so the only "reason" oppresed peoples could figure out why others subjugated them was the obvious differences of skin color. Today, people understand all former claims of "racial" inferiority made of people of color were and are bogus.

Homo sapien sapiens is the one and only race. All other "racial" divisions are segregates. All humans are individuals and must be judged on the specific content of their character and comportment.

Humans today are "catogorized" and "marginalized" on much more than precieved "racial"[slin color] differences...Today Intolerence has over-taken "racism" as the mode of discrimination.

Intolerants catagorize and marginalize others based on religion, sexuality, language, wealth, just to name a few.
Does that mean we can do away with Affirmative Action, because, you know, that specifically refutes everything you said above, champ.

Old 04-05-2013, 11:13 PM

62,490 posts, read 28,720,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post

Below are your exact words of which I replied to. If this isn't pulling the race card then I don't know what is. You're attempt to back away now and put a different spin on it doesn't cut it with me.

"You are not allowed to point out squalor in America. Racists and Bigots hate it when you turn on the light. They are like vampires or roaches".

Old 04-06-2013, 12:34 AM

72,817 posts, read 62,167,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
East.St.Louis. Gary,IN.
As I mentioned in an earlier post, these cities are products of severe economic downturns and other social issues. And consider this. You have areas of Appalachia that are very poor, about as poor as the cities you mentioned.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:03 AM

24,645 posts, read 38,539,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I just remember this from the election time, maybe someone will get a kick out of it.

It was a few days before the election and I'm driving to work. This Chevy PU passes me and I'm thinking "I have to speed up and see this yahoo". The PU had a Bush/Cheney sticker on it and next to that a Romney. An NRA sticker next to a Confederate flag sticker. Turns out it's an Asian dude. Total redneck.

I was thinking, wow maybe there is hope for the immigrants because this guy sure was embracing America LOL.
He probably was not an immigrant.

Old 04-06-2013, 07:04 AM

25,024 posts, read 27,820,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucario View Post
He probably was not an immigrant.
Definitely not an immigrant. Had to have been at least 2nd or 3rd generation American, more likely the latter
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies