Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should gays and lesbians be allowed to have children?
Yes 111 79.29%
No 27 19.29%
Unsure 2 1.43%
Voters: 140. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 06:58 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,707,495 times

Advertisements

There are no laws that preclude anyone from concieving a child, regardless of the circumstances.

Prohibiting this is a slippery slope and reeks of Communism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:00 AM

389 posts, read 616,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
It appears that you are trying to blame gay and lesbian people for YOUR prejudice and ignorance. The fact that you like to visit the propaganda websites of anti-gay hate groups to support your prejudice, is your problem.
I have to visit those sites, I dont like too, but drudge won't even link to the more fringe right wing stories.

So, are any MM or FF couples willing to drop sexual orientation definitions and live closeted as "sisters" or "pair of uncles" to everyone they meet or does adoption have to be "gay adoption?"

Old 02-01-2013, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReturningWest View Post
Yes, you might want to listen to Zach Wahls

Zach Wahls Speaks About Family - YouTube

Old 02-01-2013, 07:03 AM

11,768 posts, read 10,256,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SETI_listener View Post
I have to visit those sites, I dont like too, but drudge won't even link to the more fringe right wing stories.

So, are any MM or FF couples willing to drop sexual orientation definitions and live closeted as "sisters" or "pair of uncles" to everyone they meet or does adoption have to be "gay adoption?"
Who's fragile little mind are we trying to protect here? Lesbians aren't sisters by any stretch, a female couple yes, but not sisters.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Allow to have children in the sense of adopting or having children via surrogacy. It is likely that the Obama adminstration would follow France example and allow gay and lesbian marriages as well allowing them to have children via adoption or surrogacy.
Gay people have been having and privately adopting children for a long, long time. Nothing new here.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Quote:

Are hetero couples willing to drop their sexual orientation definitions and live as brother and sister or a pair of cousins to everyone they meet? There is no such thing as a "gay" marriage license, or a "gay" adoption.
I have never met anyone that introduced themselves as "gay" or "straight". We introduce ourselves, our spouses, and children just like everyone else. We don't run around with a badge that says "I'm gay".

You have been told this repeatedly. Why do you think that we all wear our orientation on our sleeve?

Old 02-01-2013, 07:06 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,236,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by other99 View Post
Should gays and lesbians be allowed to have children? I am refering to gay and lesbian couples, and not the gays and lesbians in opposite sex relationships.
Please read post # 5, that says it all.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM

389 posts, read 616,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lycos679 View Post
Who's fragile little mind are we trying to protect here? Lesbians aren't sisters by any stretch, a female couple yes, but not sisters.
Exactly the in your face attitude that cause push back and belief adoption is not about the family you twos want to create, but more focused on the statement "we're gay, look at our kids, nya nya."

Old 02-01-2013, 07:08 AM

Quote:
When you say "gays have children" I immediately think "for what use?" and then shudder.
One might infer that you confuse sexual orientation with sexual molestation of minors. How very sad for you to jump to such a conclusion.

Old 02-01-2013, 07:09 AM

13,610 posts, read 10,018,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Adopted children are not biologically either parents child, but the parents love them just the same.

What about nature Vs nurture?

My children have turned out to be wonderful people. All three are excelling in every way. That is because we stressed the importance of a good education, and being compassionate human beings.
Your children may have, but many don't. If you don't know the donor WELL, you can have no idea what to expect of the children produced. You could have got one that was predestined to be psychopathic in nature, it wouldn't matter how much you nurtured it, it would still happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies