Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2013, 05:25 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,730,420 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hogfamily View Post
One more chance to educate yourself:
The Second Amendment is the MILITIA Amendment.

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE

Gun fondlers: NO! NO! IT DOESN'T SAY THAT IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

Me: Yup, and it's the first thing it says.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 05:28 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,860,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Because law enforcement officers, security guards, Wells Fargo truck car drivers, and military men DO have a reason to own and carry guns. They are part of the job.
What about Olympic shooting competitors? Most all started out shooting when very young. How do they fit your description?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:30 PM

6,260 posts, read 5,067,187 times
Quote:
ahahaha! This is like the story, The Emperor's New Clothes:

Gun fondler type: He's not really naked!

Everyone else: Yes he is.

Gun fondler type: No, he's NOT!

Everyone else: Yes he is.

Gun fondler type: NOOOOOOOOO!

Everyone else: Yup, he's naked. There's his penis in full view of everyone.

Gun fondler type: That's not his penis.

Well well well. Aren't We a spiteful, hateful little person?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:31 PM

Quote:
If they're retired, I'm assuming they're no longer in the job which required them to have a gun.
So they become this?
Quote:
Because we're not chickensh*t, terrified, horrified, and trembling 24/7 as gun fondlers are?

Or maybe it's because we're not little boys that got old still pretending to be GI Joe?
How does that happen?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:32 PM

Quote:
What about Olympic shooting competitors? Most all started out shooting when very young. How do they fit your description?
That's fine. I think they should check their gun back in after they practice.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:41 PM

Quote:
The Second Amendment is the MILITIA Amendment.

A WELL REGULATED MILITIA, BEING NECESSARY TO THE SECURITY OF A FREE STATE

Gun fondlers: NO! NO! IT DOESN'T SAY THAT IN THE SECOND AMENDMENT!

Me: Yup, and it's the first thing it says.
It also says: …., the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

What part of the “people” don’t you understand?

What about what the U.S Supreme said?

the Court ruled that the Second Amendment protects an individual's right to possess a firearm, unconnected to service in a militia

What part of this can’t you comprehend?

You seriously need to read this:

The Second Amendment: The Framers' Intentions

Old 02-03-2013, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Because law enforcement officers, security guards, Wells Fargo truck car drivers, and military men DO have a reason to own and carry guns. They are part of the job.
What about my job?.......

My number one job in life is to provide for my family and keep them safe.

We spent a lot of time in the great outdoors of Alaska. There are wild animals present that no matter what you do to avoid it they can and will sometimes attack. So we carry firearms for protection. I have a duty and right to protect my family.

Bad guys break into occupied homes all the time. I have the duty and right to protect my family.

Bad guys will attack when they think they will get away with it. I have a duty and right to protect my family.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:46 PM

Quote:
It also says: …., the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
Yup, but the amendment is a MILITIA Amendment, which gun fondlers have played games with for years, and it's time we held their feet to the fire about.

As to the Supremes, the Supremes will adapt, change, and modify the Constitution depending on what the Supremes feel like doing. For example, Scalia is a right wing extremist, and he will choose his battles to promote his ideology.

However, that the Framers wrote a Militia Amendment, of that there is no doubt. That's exactly what the Framers said, and to cherry pick it to remove the very subject and theme of it, which is militias, is exactly the sort of thing gun fondlers and right wing extremists DO always, to promote their agenda and their right wing card.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:48 PM

Quote:
What about my job?.......

My number one job in life is to provide for my family and keep them safe.

We spent a lot of time in the great outdoors of Alaska. There are wild animals present that no matter what you do to avoid it they can and will sometimes attack. So we carry firearms for protection. I have a duty and right to protect my family.

Bad guys break into occupied homes all the time. I have the duty and right to protect my family.

Bad guys will attack when they think they will get away with it. I have a duty and right to protect my family.
We could talk about this for hours, which I don't intend to do. Are you one of the paranoids who stockpiles food in case you want to carry out a government takeover? Or are you merely defending yourself and your family from others like you who have guns?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:51 PM

Uh oh!!!……..

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. – Albert Einstein

..........I guess I better give up. Some people will always choose to be Ignorant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies