Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Go for it. I might have been driven insane by the tinfoil hat commentary, and simply swooped past it.
So, that is the reason, you are wearing tin foil hats....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Who said this? You see it is the ignorance of people who spew non-sence like this.

You don't know how silly you look continuing to say "gun fondlers" does that make you feel better?

Keep it up though, you are making the left look really good...errr, yea good that's it.
Nonsense. No one said guns will stop "ALL" crime. But gun fondlers are in here saying it will stop crime, which led to the recommendation that women buy guns (which is madness), which resulted in me asking various questions concerning HOW a woman can stop the perp from raping her, or keeping a gun against her temple for a moment, while she runs to get her handbag, pull the gun out of it, and shoot.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:35 PM

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
No. The phobia is had by gun fondlers, who are terrified of living, and who think that magically, carrying a gun in their pocket is going to save them.
Most people that carry concealed firearms know that it won't save them in every possible circumstance. Just as people that drive know that seat belts won't. Does that mean that they should quit using them?

In both cases, the tool only increases the odds of survival.

Once again...no one cares if you choose to simply trust in the unconditional goodness of others.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Nonsense. No one said guns will stop "ALL" crime. But gun fondlers are in here saying it will stop crime, which led to the recommendation that women buy guns (which is madness), which resulted in me asking various questions concerning HOW a woman can stop the perp from raping her, or keeping a gun against her temple for a moment, while she runs to get her handbag, pull the gun out of it, and shoot.
My question is just as knuckleheaded as your questions were.

The entire point was, that a woman will/can have a chance if confronted with that situation. Then your knucklheaded quesiton was "Well what if a gun is held to her head then what".....

I guess you are claiming that is how all rapes start, with a gun to the head?

Did you even read the link I posted? The lady was naked, just out of the shower, she fooled the guy, thinking she would provide money....she then picked up the gun and killed the guy...you nor I know what would have happened if that gun was not there, after she showed him where all the valuables were.

ETA, I guess this was not a crime....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:46 PM

10,232 posts, read 6,319,495 times
[quote=Toyman at Jewel Lake;28089864]Most people that carry concealed firearms know that it won't save them in every possible circumstance. Just as people that drive know that seat belts won't. Does that mean that they should quit using them?

In both cases, the tool only increases the odds of survival.

Once again...no one cares if you choose to simply trust in the unconditional goodness of others.[/quote

My husband has a CCW. We moved from NY (where he couldn't) to Fl (where he could easily). However, he doesn't carry. Why? He is afraid somebody will steal it from him. Second? He is afraid he will have to shoot it and might kill somebody other than a "bad guy". Yes, he has said all of this to me. Sounds to me that he should NOT have been given that permit, but the Gunshine state makes it very, very easy to own, and only slightly more difficult, to carry a gun.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
My question is just as knuckleheaded as your questions were.

The entire point was, that a woman will/can have a chance if confronted with that situation. Then your knucklheaded quesiton was "Well what if a gun is held to her head then what".....

I guess you are claiming that is how all rapes start, with a gun to the head?

Did you even read the link I posted? The lady was naked, just out of the shower, she fooled the guy, thinking she would provide money....she then picked up the gun and killed the guy...you nor I know what would have happened if that gun was not there, after she showed him where all the valuables were.

ETA, I guess this was not a crime....

Chucksnee, we're wasting our time. (S)he would rather see that woman defenseless, raped and strangled than deal with her phobia.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Chucksnee, we're wasting our time. (S)he would rather see that woman defenseless, raped and strangled than deal with her phobia.
I know, but it becomes fun to see what they start writing, just lok at comets postings...rambling leftist BS that leads to every person with a gun is mental....

Old 02-04-2013, 12:54 PM

Quote:
My husband has a CCW. We moved from NY (where he couldn't) to Fl (where he could easily). However, he doesn't carry. Why? He is afraid somebody will steal it from him. Second? He is afraid he will have to shoot it and might kill somebody other than a "bad guy". Yes, he has said all of this to me. Sounds to me that he should NOT have been given that permit, but the Gunshine state makes it very, very easy to own, and only slightly more difficult, to carry a gun.
Honestly, it sounds as if HE made the proper decision for HIM not to carry. If he feels that he can't secure a firearm and use it responsibly, he should not. And he was sensible enough to make that case, it doesn't sound as if the state made that choice for him. Since crime is essentially non-existant in Florida...well, never mind.

Others feel differently and make the effort to get proper training and secure their guns.

No one is attempting to force people that don't want to carry to do so.

On a different note...

We found a big, dead deer (5x5 buck) on our property about 75 yards from the house a couple weeks ago. The snow was too trampled down and enough time had past were I couldn't tell what killed it. Over the weekend we talked with our neighbor who has had 2 killed within 30 yards of his place. He found the tracks and confirmed that there is a wolf pack in the area. Several neighbors have seen them.

My wife, who previously never had an interest in firearms (but who would often ensure that I was carrying when we were out)...now is interested in one of her own. We went out shooting yesterday...and I now know what to get her for her birthday!

Old 02-04-2013, 12:57 PM

383 posts, read 641,588 times
Quote:
OK...step one...breath. Gun fondlers..I found nothing on the definition of a "gun fondler", so I'm unclear as to why you keep using the term.

I'm a wife, Mother, and I have a ccw. You asked how can a woman stop a rape? If this scenario is accruing in my home or some other location? If it's going to happen in my home, the rapist must first get past my alarm system, that would be the warning sign for me, second he better be able to get past my dogs, I'm pretty sure at that point I'd have my gun and be ready to use it.

If this happened outside my home, simple, stay out of areas that have high crime and don't go shopping at 12am in a shady neighborhood, or for that matter anywhere. It's called common sense. If you must go out to an area that is less desirable then I carry. Yes I realize crime effects all areas. I personally do not take my gun to Safeway or the Mall. But if I want to walk the dogs, by myself, in the wildlife preserve behind my house, I carry.

I was taught how to shoot my simi-auto hand gun while it was in my purse. Really quite a simple concept.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:58 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
No, he was going to rob her. And she had a gun. I hope you remember that if you ever have someone on the business end of your gun that it could just as easily be you in that position. Would you rather the person simply take your money and leave you alive or would you rather that they take your money and shoot you nine times by way of a thank you.

H
Oy vey, another CD poster who didn't pass 3rd Grade reading comprehension:

Quote:
The woman was getting out of the shower when she was met by a strange man with a kitchen knife,
First of all, I'm a law abiding citizen so I wouldn't be breaking into someone's house, with or without a gun. Therefore your ridiculous premise that "it could just as easily be" me at the "business" end of the gun is a non-starter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies