Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2013, 07:47 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,972,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cometclear View Post
I've lived in rural to extremely rural areas all my life. 90% of you have no idea what rural living is like. None. Just more posers.
Your lost in your alleged mind..... On the other hand i lived in a tee pee in the woods with no power 3 full years. I'ld have to say you don't know nuthin' but we both know that.

Did you ever get around to taking that ID 10 T test?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 4,157,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Your lost in your alleged mind..... On the other hand i lived in a tee pee in the woods with no power 3 full years. I'ld have to say you don't know nuthin' but we both know that.

Did you ever get around to taking that ID 10 T test?
Yes, I know you claim to have lived off the grid in a tipi. I believe I've used that piece of information before in a couple of my posts regarding the mental stability of gun fondlers.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:07 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Quote:
...regarding the mental stability of gun fondlers.
Hum, Cometclear you sure use the expression gun fondlers a lot, so does that mean you are trying to insinuate that men who like guns see it as an extension of their...well, you know....? Or am I just reading into your words too much, though I think you're making your intentions pretty clear.

Not that I care if you are or not, you have a right to say and think as you wish, truly you do and that's great, besides the part about the extension carries some validity. I was just curious if it was my imagination or not. Moreover, its quite alright for a man to fondle a symbol of his most precious limb, its only natural and nothing to be ashamed of but gracious sakes don’t fondle the real thing in public- its against the law you know.

Last edited by GINGERSNAP1963; 02-01-2013 at 08:25 PM..

Old 02-01-2013, 08:08 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,142,600 times
My CCW class consisted of about 20 percent women. In the past few weeks, I have had many conversations with other women about guns.

I think the OP is a little uninformed.

20yrsinBranson

Old 02-01-2013, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20yrsinBranson View Post
My CCW class consisted of about 20 percent women. In the past few weeks, I have had many conversations with other women about guns.

I think the OP is a little uninformed.

20yrsinBranson
Yes, Gallup and other gatherers of objective data are incorrect and your conclusions based upon conversations with your girlfriends in Missouri are better indicators.

Who was it, Judith Crist, in 1972 who wondered aloud how in the world Richard Nixon had been re-elected? "Not only do I not know anyone who voted for Nixon, I don't know anyone who knows anyone who voted for Nixon!"

Old 02-01-2013, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GINGERSNAP1963 View Post
Hum, Cometclear you sure use the expression gun fondlers a lot, so does that mean you are trying to infer that men who like guns see as it an extention of....you know....?
That would be "imply." When someone hints at something, they are implying. When you read my implication and draw a conclusion, you are inferring. Got it?

Yes, that it is what I am implying. In fact, the last time someone just outright stated as much, you threatened to tell the teacher and have the implications removed. It seemed to strike a large nerve with you.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:16 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,696,595 times
Many women do not want to know. They do not want to know about the rapes, home invasions, crime, car jackings, drugs etc in their area. Today more information is available than ever before but the person has to at least make the effort. Women find it easy to fall into a false sense of security. Something basic such as situational awareness is a challange for many. True many have no exposure to basic gun usage so the learning curve may be higher for some but even the smallest woman can be very aggressive if the desire is there.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:25 PM

32,069 posts, read 15,072,790 times
You know, I've never even thought one way or another about owning a gun. It's not something that I focus on in my daily life. But I don't think I would like living in fear of someone attacking me and therefore thinking I need a gun to protect myself.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortpes View Post
Many women do not want to know. They do not want to know about the rapes, home invasions, crime, car jackings, drugs etc in their area. Today more information is available than ever before but the person has to at least make the effort. Women find it easy to fall into a false sense of security. Something basic such as situational awareness is a challange for many. True many have no exposure to basic gun usage so the learning curve may be higher for some but even the smallest woman can be very aggressive if the desire is there.
Women are safer than they've ever been. They don't need guns.

Old 02-01-2013, 08:35 PM

1,523 posts, read 1,515,793 times
Quote:
That would be "imply." When someone hints at something, they are implying. When you read my implication and draw a conclusion, you are inferring. Got it?

Yes, that it is what I am implying. In fact, the last time someone just outright stated as much, you threatened to tell the teacher and have the implications removed. It seemed to strike a large nerve with you.
Yeah, I knew infer was the wrong word as soon as I posted it. It's late and I'm too tired to pull down the tharsaurusesesarus, (and spell checker,) in my head to check my posts.

However what do you mean I threatened to tell the teacher? What the heck are you talking about? I've been on this forum for less than a month and this is my first interaction with you and/or in regard to phallaxxxess symbols. Me thinks you have me cornyfused with someone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies