Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-01-2013, 11:00 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
Are you not pushing the fact that fewer legal guns would cause fewer gun deaths in Chicago? It sure sounds like it. I bet if you lived there you would vote for Rahm Emanuel because of the gun problem. I have to just say Pelosi to you and good bye.
Actually if I lived there I would of voted for the guy that was running against Rahm in the last election, I think he would of been a better fit for the city.

Are you pushing for fewer gun laws because 95 of the 100 neighborhoods in Chicago are completely safe and the current gun laws aren't really an issue?

Old 02-02-2013, 06:25 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
You care more for the NRA than a dead child. Sick!
Your fake outrage is what is sick, if I go to any of the Sandy Hooks threads (which there are MANY gloating over the death of those children) will I find your remarks in those threads?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
I believe the group that has been doing this is known as the N.R.A.
Proof....or BS....

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Thanks for the pro-gun opinion piece Roy, you never fail with the obvious from you....

If you think this is a gun issue in Chicago, then you have zero idea what is wrong with the crime rate in Chicago. This is a gang issue, not a gun issue.

But you keep waving your pro-gun flag as if it is somehow going to make the Chicago violence make sense to you. Should every man, woman, and child be armed with two assault weapons for each hand? Will that make things safer for you? What about the other 95 neighborhoods in Chicago that are perfectly safe even with these gun laws in place, how do you explain those neighborhoods for being so safe?

Let me know when you actually care about the violence in Chicago so we can have a real conversation, till then you keep waving your pro-gun flag.
Chicago will always be used, gangs or not. Just like the NRA will always be used, involved or not. How ever, Chicago has strict gun law, yes or no?

If we use your logic, that Chicago is a gang problem (not a gun problem) then with that same logic, we should be able to remove those killings from the overall gun killing number, right? But see, that would not work and would bring down the overall number by 500+...and the left would not want that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Gloating over the death of another child - nice.
Go away with your fake outrage...

Last edited by CaseyB; 02-02-2013 at 07:17 AM.. Reason: response to deletion

Old 02-02-2013, 06:37 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
No extra penalty for gang association

Death penalty should not discriminate by gang membership

Ban racial profiling & eliminate disparities in sentencing

Restrict police entry rules, to protect our civil liberties

Q: On the right to let cops go into dangerous places with search warrants without knocking, you voted no as well. Would you explain?
OBAMA: With respect to the potential for police officers not to knock when they go in, there’s an issue of search and seizures and there must be some parameters for law enforcement to protect our civil liberties.
Source: Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes , Oct 21, 2004

http://www.ontheissues.org/2012/Barack_Obama_Crime.htm
Excuse me but, under the constitutional law, we're protected from illegal searches and seizures, there's nothing liberal about that. Some using the forum are basically painting all liberals with a large brush.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
Some using the forum are basically painting all liberals with a large brush.
But you have never done that or supported others that have done the very same thing, now have you...

Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Chicago will always be used, gangs or not. Just like the NRA will always be used, involved or not. How ever, Chicago has strict gun law, yes or no?

If we use your logic, that Chicago is a gang problem (not a gun problem) then with that same logic, we should be able to remove those killings from the overall gun killing number, right? But see, that would not work and would bring down the overall number by 500+...and the left would not want that...
Then use NYC, same, if not more strict gun laws, yet a much lower crime rate and ranked as one of the safest cities. Also if you use Chicago you have to admit that Chicago is safe in 95 out it 100 neighborhoods even those all those neighborhoods have the same gun laws.

As you see your idea that you can blame Chicago's gun violence on its laws yet not its gangs is pure silly and it makes you look like you have zero knowledge of Chicago.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:47 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
But you have never done that or supported others that have done the very same thing, now have you...
Not like some have, but, I have tried to denigrate the reich wing because they follow their leaders like little puppies following master.

I see you glazed over and took my post out of context. Does that mean you're not a supporter of the Fourth Amendment?
Quote:
The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.
Is this just a liberalized amendment?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:50 AM

3,391 posts, read 4,482,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roysoldboy View Post
I suppose that Wayne LaPierre handed the gun to the teen man who shot the girl. At least it is surely his fault and none of Rahm Emanuel's or Dick Durbin's.

Child Gunned Down In Obama-Town And It Is Still The NRA
An innocent child is killed, and all you care about is that no one take away your guns. Wow.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Then use NYC, same, if not more strict gun laws, yet a much lower crime rate and ranked as one of the safest cities. Also if you use Chicago you have to admit that Chicago is safe in 95 out it 100 neighborhoods even those all those neighborhoods have the same gun laws.

As you see your idea that you can blame Chicago's gun violence on its laws yet not its gangs is pure silly and it makes you look like you have zero knowledge of Chicago.

I personally don't care about Chicago, the only reason it is even being brought up is because the MSM continues to use Chicago as the talking point of gun control. Because people here on CD latch onto that, just as the left latches onto the NRA the MSM pushes.

If the MSM would say hey, it's gang violence in Chicago and not fully related to guns.....that would not fit their agenda, now would it? The MSM continues to push Chicago for gun control and the pro-gun folks will continue to use Chicago as the reason more gnu laws won't work.....gang related or not.

Can you not see that?

Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogersParkGuy View Post
An innocent child is killed, and all you care about is that no one take away your guns. Wow.
Love the fake outrage.....

Old 02-02-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
I personally don't care about Chicago, the only reason it is even being brought up is because the MSM continues to use Chicago as the talking point of gun control. Because people here on CD latch onto that, just as the left latches onto the NRA the MSM pushes.

If the MSM would say hey, it's gang violence in Chicago and not fully related to guns.....that would not fit their agenda, now would it? The MSM continues to push Chicago for gun control and the pro-gun folks will continue to use Chicago as the reason more gnu laws won't work.....gang related or not.

Can you not see that?
Thank you for proving my point, stop listening to the MSM, that includes Fox. If you don't care about Chicago, then why talk about it? Do you really need a city to push your toting ideology?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies