Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 AM

1,303 posts, read 1,097,853 times

Advertisements

Another victory for the helpless unborn, the most vulnerable in our society.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:29 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tim6624 View Post
There are more than 100,000 children in foster care. If they have a disability, are older than 6, or are in a sibling group, they have very little shot of finding a permanent home - even if they are available for adoption. They are kicked out of the system with very little life skills or money at 18. Many become single parents themselves or turn to drugs, alcohol, and crime. Only about 3% of former foster kids ever graduate from college. That's not a victory.

How many helpless foster children have you given a stable, loving home to?

Old 02-02-2013, 11:34 AM

12,980 posts, read 14,560,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
There are more than 100,000 children in foster care. If they have a disability, are older than 6, or are in a sibling group, they have very little shot of finding a permanent home - even if they are available for adoption. They are kicked out of the system with very little life skills or money at 18. Many become single parents themselves or turn to drugs, alcohol, and crime. Only about 3% of former foster kids ever graduate from college. That's not a victory.

How many helpless foster children have you given a stable, loving home to?
Wait, let me take this one:

Spoken in the voice of a pro-life zealot "But, but, but one requires special skills to take in a child with a disability, and many of these children are teens with emotional issues".

Translation:

"I don't want to adopt a black teen, I want a cute white newborn baby".

Old 02-02-2013, 11:39 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,630,499 times
Quote:
But you can't deny that's it's not a victory for the helpless unborn when a pregnant woman is driven to finding a means to getting an abortion on her own, which may mean going to the Internet. How people who support banning abortion absolutely refuse to see this just makes me sick to my stomach.

Old 02-02-2013, 11:56 AM

15,859 posts, read 21,436,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Wait, let me take this one:

Spoken in the voice of a pro-life zealot "But, but, but one requires special skills to take in a child with a disability, and many of these children are teens with emotional issues".

Translation:

"I don't want to adopt a black teen, I want a cute white newborn baby".
Or "Why don't the mothers just have some personal responsibility and raise the kid/adopt/not get pregnant in the first place? I shouldn't have to raise their kids!"

I know one woman who did just that.. and after years of being viciously abused by his MARRIED but teen mother and watching the drug addiction of his father, my boyfriend and his two younger sisters were put into a system where they never had stability, love, affection, and often traded family for abusive (emotionally, physically, and sexually) transitional or group homes. My boyfriend is 28 and I feel like his mother a lot of the time by trying to teach him how to trust people and how to do things that most people have guardians teach them as children (i.e. how to cook, how to set up a budget, financial basics). One sister is 24 (a year younger than myself) and has had 5 children plus who knows how many abortions. That's what happens when you learn from your group home that sex is the only way to get respect or love. The other sister is a few years younger, already has hepatitis and on the road to kidney failure from drug use, and is in rehab for heroin for the 3rd time since I met my boyfriend a year and a half ago.

I hate that abortion happens, but I hate our foster care system even more. Until we address the 100,000 kids who are in the system TODAY, not to mention the thousands of other children who are at risk for the system. These are living, breathing kids that we are failing and their only crime was being born to parents who never should have had them.

Old 02-02-2013, 02:58 PM

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Yet another example of attacking the sympton rather the problem, does anyone actually believe that abortions will stop when these clinics close, these women will find another source and it may not be the best of conditions. But hey a great victory for the pro-life group, go out and celebrate but you have done nothing to address the original problem.

Old 02-02-2013, 03:27 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,168,702 times
How lovely. I had a link right on LifeNews to click to sign a petition to repeal Obamacare. I'm truly hoping that was a random pop-up and not something the anti-abortion movement is pushing for. (You can let us know janelle.)

As it is I am convinced the zealots live with their heads in the clouds having absolutely no idea how poverty affects people.

They don't want abortion. But they also don't want the kids who are already here to have access to medical care if they have to help fund it. (Feel free to correct me if the anti-abortion movement has built a system of free child-health care clinics in the last 40 years. If they have, they need to advertise more. And let everyone know if the building that was closed is converted into a free clinic/child care facility/food bank/teen center.)

Last edited by DewDropInn; 02-02-2013 at 03:39 PM..

Old 02-02-2013, 03:34 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post

30 years as an abortionist, I wonder how many babies he killed.
And how much money he saved the taxpayer.

[pay now or pay later...?? ]

Old 02-02-2013, 03:37 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:
Agreed. Birth that baby so society can embrace the child entirely in our loving open arms and support the him/her without question or complaint.

[awww...wait...wut?]

Old 02-02-2013, 04:18 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
How lovely. I had a link right on LifeNews to click to sign a petition to repeal Obamacare. I'm truly hoping that was a random pop-up and not something the anti-abortion movement is pushing for. (You can let us know janelle.)

That right there is the problem with the Tea Partiers.

Against abortion to keep alive a zygote, yet let the needy living among us go without healthcare... or as in the GOP 2012 primaries .."LET HIM DIE!!!! YEA!!!!"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies