Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 09:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,013,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Why? Because you strongly feel women are better off learning about do it yourself abortion procedures?
I strongly feel that men and women should be responsible when they engage in sexual relations.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:52 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Instead of mischaracterizing the pro-life position, why don't you direct your efforts into preventing these children from being conceived? Abstinence education is the best way to accomplish this. So why do you pro-abortion people always dismiss abstinence?
Most people don't want to be abstinent all their lives. Not everybody gets married. So what to do? Do you want to pass a law making it a felony to indulge in sexual intercourse, unless the purpose for doing so is to make a baby?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:53 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I strongly feel that men and women should be responsible when they engage in sexual relations.
That's right! It's always the woman's fault. No woman was ever pressured to have sex, was she?

OB-GYNs Told To Look For 'Reproductive Coercion' : Shots - Health News : NPR

Womens' doctors should be on the lookout for patients whose partners are unduly pressuring them to become pregnant — or even sabotaging their efforts to use contraception.

. . . .

The terms cover interference with contraceptive use, such as destroying birth control pills or poking holes in a condom, and behavior intended to pressure someone into having sex but that stops short of physical force.

A 2010 survey from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention found that about 4.8 percent of women in the U.S. reported having had an intimate partner who tried to get them pregnant against their wishes or to stop them from using birth control.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Do you want to pass a law making it a felony to indulge in sexual intercourse, unless the purpose for doing so is to make a baby?
No.

If you have read my posts on this forum with any regularity, you are well aware that I hold the criminal justice system in disdain, and advocate for the destruction of prisons and abolishment of capital punishment.

Why don't you ask me what i think directly, instead of asking presumptive questions?

What I want is for people to be educated and for a change to occur in our societal morals.

Government is not always the best solution, in fact I would say that it is never a solution at all.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
That's right! It's always the woman's fault. No woman was ever pressured to have sex, was she?
I see that you either have reading comprehension issues, or conveniently ignore words that run counter to the schema that informs your line of attack on certain issues.

Let me help you out by quoting the post to which you responded and highlighting the word that you either missed or purposefully ignored.

Quote:
Are you always so obtuse?

How much clearer can i make it that responsibility for conception falls on both men and women?

The words are right in front of your eyes.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
0 babies were killed.
Really?

The clinic was operating for all this time and not a single abortion was ever performed?

Hallelujah!

Old 02-02-2013, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray1945 View Post
No need to wonder - the answer is 0.
I seriously doubt that PP would "honor" the "doctor" if no abortions were performed.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
I see that you either have reading comprehension issues, or conveniently ignore words that run counter to the schema that informs your line of attack on certain issues.

Let me help you out by quoting the post to which you responded and highlighting the word that you either missed or purposefully ignored.

Are you always so obtuse?

How much clearer can i make it that responsibility for conception falls on both men and women?

The words are right in front of your eyes.
Sorry, I missed it, but you didn't need to be so snarky.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arus View Post
0 babies were killed

and another service has been eliminated for thousands of women, who now have to travel farther to seek the medical attention they need.
We aren't discussing medical attention - we are talking about abortion.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Sorry, I missed it, but you didn't need to be so snarky.
Apology accepted - mistakes happen.

Snarky? I was wrongfully mischaracterized as a result of your oversight. It is one thing to make a reading error, and quite another to attack another based on that mistake.

Maybe the mods will do us a favor and delete that brief exchange.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies