Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 07:55 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
This is why I avoid chain fast food "restaurants" like the plague.

I am partial to Mexican food anyway, and when I want a good taco, there are limitless genuine taquerias to choose from here in Los Angeles County.

When I want a fast food hamburger - I find an In N Out.

There are penty of Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Korean joints around here as well.

Why would I ever want to go to Burger King?

Yahoo! News Canada - Latest News & Headlines
Wait a minute ... is that why my "thing" seems to be getting bigger?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 07:56 AM

724 posts, read 592,900 times
people eat at Burger King? gross.

Old 02-02-2013, 07:59 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,195,922 times
Horse meat is actually healthier than beef.
It is higher in B12 than spinach, nearly double the iron of beef, leaner than most cuts of beef, and has 360mg of omega 3 per serving.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:44 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,668,317 times
Quote:

I am partial to Mexican food anyway, and when I want a good taco, there are limitless genuine taquerias to choose from here in Los Angeles County.

There are penty of Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese, and Korean joints around here as well.

You have to be careful with the Mexican food also --- as well as the Asian food where they cook dogs all the time.

Juárez man accused of killing neighbor's dogs to make barbecue - El Paso Times

Rodela reportedly confessed that he slaughtered the dogs for a barbecue. It is unclear, however, if he succeeded in actually cooking the dogs.

It is also unclear whether Rodela intended to sell the barbecue or it was for personal consumption.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:45 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,438,858 times
Default Burger King puts horse meat in its hamburgers.

If they did, it could only improve the quality of their product.

Old 02-02-2013, 08:47 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,041,277 times
Quote:

I'm sure that mexican food joints only use top quality cuts.

We really never know exactly what we are eating when we dine out, so what's the difference?

Fish filets are often times not the type of fish that you ordered.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
People, can we please be logical about this?

First of all, there have been ZERO burgers from Burger King that have tested positive for the presence of horse meat - anywhere, in any of their locations worldwide.

Secondly, the meat bought from the supplier in question (from Poland) was NEVER sold or eaten in the US. The only BK restaurants even possibly affected were in the UK and Ireland. And I repeat, no traces of equine DNA were found in ANY Burger King locations anywhere in the world.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...41867550,d.b2I

Burger King says it never sold horse meat despite supplier issues - latimes.com

Old 02-02-2013, 09:26 AM

8,276 posts, read 12,853,744 times
I only eat the veggie burgers.... I'm not too worried about what part of the soybean is used.

Don't forget McDonalds had kangaroo in their beef. and no one could tell the difference. They are all animals, what's the difference?

Old 02-02-2013, 09:38 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,663,155 times
Harrier,

This might be the first time I have disagreed with you on anything, but I am always leary of these claims. Some people love Burger King, others can't stand them: I am not much of a fast food person period, but I wouldn't let one report influence where I eat. I will add, if I am eating a fast food buger it would be In&Out first and then, probably Burger King next...

Old 02-02-2013, 09:45 AM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,104 times
Quote:
So you'd rather eat cat or dog than horse? I'd rather eat horse, carnivore meat doesn't taste as good as herbivore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies