Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 03:35 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
Gun injury and death goes up and down, but the fact is that compared with other advanced nations, we have a per capita rate of gun death and injury that knows no parallels.
We also actually report our gun crimes, many countries do not even bother trying to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 03:43 PM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
A chair isn't designed to murder. A chair will at least give you a chance to live. Guns are for killing. They have no other purpose. They are not flower vases, and they are not for sitting on.

There are criminals, but if you PROVIDE LETHAL, KILLING WEAPONS, you are creating a gun culture which has 300,000,000 guns and gun crime and gun death per capita that has no other comparison in any other advanced nation.
You are the one who brought chairs into the discussion, I was only using it for a bit of satire.... because it was silly to bring them up. The problem is not chairs, or guns, it's criminals and mental instability issues. Sane people do not kill other people, no matter how many guns they have. So stop making this only about guns.

This is why it's so hard having discussions with libs, they get tunnel vision and cannot see past some contrivance they created as a proxy for the real problem.

Old 02-07-2013, 04:05 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Does lawful gun owners = gang bangers and mass murderers?

Old 02-07-2013, 04:07 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
So 12,000 gun deaths...including police shooting criminals out of 300,000,000 guns equals what percentage of guns killing? I know you won't be able to do this yourself, so here: It's .00004%

Compare that to automobiles, hammers and TV's.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:08 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
I don't recall gun nuts back then obsessed with hiding from the govt, discussing everywhere how they were going to shoot this bad guy and that bad guy, and back then there weren't 300,000,000 guns and endless gun injuries and gun deaths. The gun lobby and right wingers have turned this country into a gun-obsessed, gun-fetishist country, where the problem is guns, but they're recommending more guns be purchased to end the gun problem.
Your 20 something right.... Your boy friend will be a lawyer when he graduates and you think you can use words like 'back then"? LOL

My son is about 12 years older than you are and his son will be 4 in March.

All that blather you think you know is 180 degrees out of wack.

You gun grabbing bleedin hearts take a whole village to raise an Idiot. You in fact raise low life scum and we have no choice but to shoot them when they come calling un-invited.

You are much more like a old hag Victorian self healing virgin... You 'got it' so many times you have calluses, but will never admit your not virgin

That beauty is only skin deep sweetie.... last from 14 to 44 if yer lucky......

After that the make up has taken a toll and your skin will need auto body filler, and you won't know how.

Old 02-07-2013, 10:51 PM

25,840 posts, read 16,515,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
We already had three home invasions in our community last year and one guy shot dead as he was leaving for work. I live in a very nice neighborhood. We went to the police and they told us very nicely but in a nutshell, "Go fly a kite." They can't and won't help us.

I have already done everything I could to beef up the security, just short of iron bars on my windows, which is against law.

What's your solution then?
I like to look at the big picture and say it's too bad that the generation before you didn't do a better job with the schools and making opportunities for underprivileged kids so they wouldn't grow up into a life of crime.

So I guess you are paying for the sins of your parents.

My neighborhood is about 20 years old and not only has there never been a break in, there's never been a crime around here that I know about.

But I live in terrible old Minnesota with those liberal ideas and high taxes.

Old 02-08-2013, 06:52 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
For many reasons:

1) A gun criminal is not a gun criminal before he shoots someone. Prior to becoming a gun criminal, he's just someone
And how many of those are out there? vs. gang killings....you know those guys who are already criminals....

Quote:
2) Because there is no gun control here. Even gangs can get guns easily because there is no gun control to speak of. Yet every time gun control is suggested, the gun fondlers pee their diapers.
What an ignorant statment....gangs can get guns because they don't care about the law...

We don't pee our diapers (pathectic attempt to degrade gun owners), there are thousands of laws out there already...and guess what, the criminals don't care, so why put new laws into affect that won't affect them....only us....bless your heart, I thought you were smart enough to figure that out...I guess not...

Quote:
Two years ago James M. Ryan was one of the 270,000 Americans with a Federal firearms license. The easy-to-obtain $30 license is good for three years and allows the person to buy and sell guns across state lines. The license holders are also subject to state and local laws, but some, like Mr. Ryan, use their Federal license to obtain weapons and then sell them illegally.
Quote:
He had traveled the Midwest buying weapons from gun shops. He took them back to Chicago, where most handgun sales are illegal, and sold the guns in alleys and parking lots. He was tracked down after three pistols recovered in a gang shooting were traced to his home business in the Englewood section of the South Side, the neighborhood with the most homicides in the city last year. 600 Guns From One Man
Just before Thanksgiving two years ago, Mr. Ryan pleaded guilty in Federal court to selling guns illegally to undercover agents and was sentenced to four years in prison. The serial numbers on several guns he sold had been obliterated, and the required paper records were rarely filed. The authorities say that before Mr. Ryan came to their attention he sold as many as 600 guns to street gang members and others.
"The vast majority of licensees are honest," said Jerry Singer, a spokesman for the Federal Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms in Chicago. "But even though the percentage might be small, the bad ones can put a lot of firearms out on the street. They can cause a lot of damage. We'll be feeling the impact of Mr. Ryan for some time to come."
How Criminals Get Guns: In Short, All Too Easily - New York Times
Hahahhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa you're using a link from 1992........figures....you could not find anything current.....another pathetic attempt to push your stupid agenda....

And your own link proves you are wrong, this guy knowlingly broke CURRENT LAWS....................

Old 02-08-2013, 08:48 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Your 20 something right.... Your boy friend will be a lawyer when he graduates and you think you can use words like 'back then"? LOL

My son is about 12 years older than you are and his son will be 4 in March.

All that blather you think you know is 180 degrees out of wack.

You gun grabbing bleedin hearts take a whole village to raise an Idiot. You in fact raise low life scum and we have no choice but to shoot them when they come calling un-invited.

You are much more like a old hag Victorian self healing virgin... You 'got it' so many times you have calluses, but will never admit your not virgin

That beauty is only skin deep sweetie.... last from 14 to 44 if yer lucky......

After that the make up has taken a toll and your skin will need auto body filler, and you won't know how.
No. My bf is already an attorney. And no, I'm not currently in elementary school, so, absolutely, "back then" applies to the time when I attended primary school.

As for your rant, I have no clue what you're referring to, but it is a rant, so I'm sure you meant to say something.

Old 02-08-2013, 09:25 AM

1,730 posts, read 1,361,669 times
If I can't get em with the first 10, I still got 20 left in the magazine, like most good homeowners.
I understand some of you hate your wife and kids and don't care what happens to them, that's your choice.
Just don't cry about my choice, and don't come wailing on my property when you're scared at night, you made your choice.
Just ignore me, and I'll do the same to you.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:28 AM

19,023 posts, read 25,955,711 times
Quote:
No. My bf is already an attorney. And no, I'm not currently in elementary school, so, absolutely, "back then" applies to the time when I attended primary school.

As for your rant, I have no clue what you're referring to, but it is a rant, so I'm sure you meant to say something.
My back then applies to when I could buy rifles out of adds in the back of Popular Mechanics magazine before JFK was shot, no questions asked for less than 50 bucks.

You gun grabbers have no clue about anything you do. Everything you ever learned is fake artificial bull chit.

One day, and I bet you live so long you will discover the folly of your ways.

No doubt you will have a child or more and raise them as sick psyco babble idiots that will "Feel' so helpless that they go out on mass murder sprees once they discover everything they were taught was fake artificial bull chit too.

The lies you grabbers teach as gospel during early childhood, is discovered sooner or later, and little johnny goes friggin bonkers.

And when he does some one sooner or later will shoot his ass down.

That's how this mass murders happen.... All from gun grabbers lies. These psyco's discover that they are far from equal and will never be anything like normal, and the quit their drugs and meds and go friggin on rampage!

Your entire existence is fake like I stated yesterday. Lots of people are just like you and they suffer like they did in NJ during Sandy Storm and will a little later today. Pay attention and see how they suffer for their own folly...

Mean while i have food water and shelter, warm shelter at that. I didn't even go anywhere to get supplies.

I must say one of my oil lamps will need a bit of wick trimming later sometime. And BECAUSE the all knowing Feds introduced red powder dye to kerosene as proof taxes were paid.

This stuff kinda melts and form s glazed crust and is a ROYAL PAIN in the ass. The OLD K-1 never did this. But like anything the Govt touches it get totally FUBARRED.

You can't know this because you have NO god damned Experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies