Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2013, 10:57 AM

2,256 posts, read 2,129,740 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The deer the predators caught were those slowed down due to malnutrition. We never had enough predators to keep deer/elk/moose/bison in check, starvation was what kept the population in check.
I'd rather be shot than starve to death...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2013, 11:27 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,729,651 times
Quote:
Your wrong. If you don't want to shoot, then that's fine. Your not going to keep me from doing it though.
I'm wrong about what? Shooting consisting of aiming, pulling a trigger, boom, and finito? What? Is there some dancing, singing, celebrating, and general merrymaking after the shooting?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnonymouseX View Post
I'd rather be shot than starve to death...
Where do you live? A wasteland?

Old 03-13-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
Obviously Sari girl never shot a bolt action rifle in 30-06 caliber. The experience is not boring as those things kick like a mule. An 8 mm Mauser is worse.

I am a Liberal and I see guns as just another tool. A tool used to control violent pests attacking you, your family or friends. By attacking someone a human turns themselves into a pest and shooting them is no longer a sin or a crime. It is pest control.
Is that why I found it boring? Well it's' not so much that I found it boring. Just that I would rather be at a pub with friends, painting, doing mosaics, cooking up a batch of vegetarian chopped liver, or even working out. Now, if it'd been a museum class on munitions, ammunition, and weapons throughout history, I might've loved it.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:39 AM

12,287 posts, read 9,816,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
I'm wrong about what? Shooting consisting of aiming, pulling a trigger, boom, and finito? What? Is there some dancing, singing, celebrating, and general merrymaking after the shooting?
How about the skill it takes to shoot well. You'll hit the barn when your standing inside of it. It takes skill and lots of practice to become proficient in the handling of a firearm, let alone the use of a gun during an extreme situation right after an adrenaline dump when you lose fine motor skills and most actions are based off of muscle memory. But I'm sure you know all of this already since you shot a 30-06.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 AM

Quote:
How about the skill it takes to shoot well. You'll hit the barn when your standing inside of it. It takes skill and lots of practice to become proficient in the handling of a firearm, let alone the use of a gun during an extreme situation right after an adrenaline dump when you lose fine motor skills and most actions are based off of muscle memory. But I'm sure you know all of this already since you shot a 30-06.
I can go to the Florida Fair, shoot with one of those air guns at the midway, win some trinket if I'm lucky (which I generally am not) and get that out of my system for the rest of the year. Maybe men are more into target stuff - shooting targets, shooting hoops, throwing a ball, that kinda thing.

Old 03-13-2013, 12:08 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,799,525 times
Quote:
Maybe men are more into target stuff - shooting targets, shooting hoops, throwing a ball, that kinda thing.
That's the only thing you've said that makes sense.
Yes, target sports are fun, even for women.
You have the right not to participate, but you
have no right to make that choice for others.

Old 03-13-2013, 01:07 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times
Please just stop feeding the trolls.... we can all have a nice discussion about guns and such while ignoring the obviously ignorant and trolling posts.

What point is there in trying to educate a person who is doing the equivalent of covering their ears while screaming; "LA LA LA LA LA!", ?

Old 03-13-2013, 02:26 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,246,649 times
Quote:
. Maybe men are more into target stuff - shooting targets, shooting hoops, throwing a ball, that kinda thing.
Millions of WOMEN are also "into target stuff".

Old 03-14-2013, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
That's the only thing you've said that makes sense.
Yes, target sports are fun, even for women.
You have the right not to participate, but you
have no right to make that choice for others.
Target sports come in all types, and don't have to be done with a killing implement. Go shoot some hoops - it will get you in shape (which shooting doesn't).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies