Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 09:11 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,511,041 times

Advertisements

Whatever happens I hope they can get them paying into Social Security as soon as possible. That program will be bankrupt in 20-30 years. Mostly because of BC and abortions. Not as many people living to pay into it to replace the retired ones collecting.

If you are under 45 you won't see a dime of SS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 12:32 AM

198 posts, read 167,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Whatever happens I hope they can get them paying into Social Security as soon as possible. That program will be bankrupt in 20-30 years. Mostly because of BC and abortions. Not as many people living to pay into it to replace the retired ones collecting.

If you are under 45 you won't see a dime of SS.
20-30 years? heck I thought it was already bankrupt with congress constantly borrowing from it to pay bills unrelated to SS, which is why the Dem's are trying so hard to quash the program altogether so they won't have to pay back all the IOU's in the file drawers at the SS administration.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:09 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,782,122 times
I listened to Obama giving one of his "this is good for the country and the economy" speeches. Apparently once these illegals become "legal" they will be job creators and creators of businesses and they will bring added value to our economy. Assuming that could be possible, you can probably count the fingers on both hands as to how many will succeed and that won't be for years, if not decades, to come, for it to have any truth worth to the economy.

On the other hand, the government has posted on a website how these new legal immigrants can access all government programs to "assist" them with food stamps, housing, collecting SSI; getting Medicare/Medicaid; where to go for free medical treatment; free childcare. Who is going to pay for the cost of them going on government programs? There will be millions that will added to those programs.

While he is concerned paving a future for illegals, what is he doing for Americans today to secure their future, a future that most Americans view as being bleak for themselves and the country?

Old 02-03-2013, 05:32 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,914,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter_Sucks View Post
How is a person illegal? I've never figured that one out.
they break the laws?

see how easy that was?

we have leaders who reward lawbreaking now-let's see how that plays out for them from a moral hazard point of view. our leaders reward lawbreaking on wall street, and now they will do it on main street.

it's all about those at the top outsmarting those at the bottom. Manufacturing has already been gutted, so there really is no need for more "low paid" wage earners, is there?

i have to say i can't believe the stupidity of the people who push for rewarding lawbreaking-you seriously don't think it is going to bite you in the rear eventually? I could care less what party does this-anyone who advocates this is seriously screwed up.

maybe americans will decide that there are a bunch of laws they don't want to follow either-like paying taxes, surrending their guns, etc.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:42 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Think about all the people who came here legally and that are currently working at "the jobs nobody else will do" who will now be told "hey, thanks for doing it the right way,but we're going to have to let you go as we've found a group who bribed their way in to do it cheaper".
I wonder how these 30 million new "residents" (you know it won't be just the ones here today) are going to affect the low skilled jobs? I bet companies like Tyson are jumping for joy and drooling thinking about the profit they'll make now.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:50 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
Think about all the people who came here legally and that are currently working at "the jobs nobody else will do" who will now be told "hey, thanks for doing it the right way,but we're going to have to let you go as we've found a group who bribed their way in to do it cheaper".
I wonder how these 30 million new "residents" (you know it won't be just the ones here today) are going to affect the low skilled jobs? I bet companies like Tyson are jumping for joy and drooling thinking about the profit they'll make now.
Tyson is probably a bad example. The one by me has been raided 3 times in the past 10 years.
The local residents used to work there but not anymore as Tyson found people who will do those jobs that they tell us no one else wants.

Tyson has been raided over and over since 2006 (from articles I found) and it could go even further back than that.

No, if these people become legal Tyson won't want them and will get the next batch of illegals that come here.

Oh there will be plenty of jobs created due to this amnesty..jobs for the next batch of illegals waiting in the wings.

Old 02-03-2013, 06:55 AM

5,376 posts, read 5,346,581 times
I think there needs to be different conditions set for those who entered legally (and overstayed...sometime by decades) versus those who entered the country illegally.

Those who entered illegally, should be sent back or sent to jail.
Those who entered legally, should be offered a green card only if they qualify for one, but even that would not be a instant path to citizenship.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:10 AM

62,946 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
They are coming here for a better life. Are they out to take on Americans ?
They have less skills, less education and don't qualify for government programs.
What they have though that Americans don't is a work ethic and no sense of entitlement, that's what.
They show up when they are supposed to, do the work they are supposed to, clean up when they are done and are polite and courteous the entire time. And they don't charge outrageous prices. OK ? There you have it. I don't hire illegals but I know people that do and that is why they do.
Yardwork, fencing work, some handyman work not involving licenses..they do it and take pride in their work as well. It's not just slapped together like what some American sub-contractors do and then take you r money and never answer the phone when it starts to come apart.

My own brother gave up trying to get some affordable landscaping done (just move rocks and wood borders) because they wanted an arm and leg to do a few hours removal work so he turned to "the Mexicans" who were in and out in 3 hours at a reasonable cash price. Sorry to say I agreed with him on that one. The job was not worth $1500. "The Mexicans" did it for $300 cash.
Again I am baffled by your comments which is full of untruths anyway. Make up your mind either you think it is ok to come here illegally for a better life while downgrading the lives of Americans or you don't. This has nothing to do with you throwing in the towel on this issue either. So Americans lack work ethnics? Make up your mind which side of the fence you are on on this issue. Welcome to my ignore list.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:55 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again I am baffled by your comments which is full of untruths anyway. Make up your mind either you think it is ok to come here illegally for a better life while downgrading the lives of Americans or you don't. This has nothing to do with you throwing in the towel on this issue either. So Americans lack work ethnics? Make up your mind which side of the fence you are on on this issue. Welcome to my ignore list.
Why do I have to choose one side or another ?
The government has clearly chosen their side.

Am I going to spend the rest of my life walking around angry and looking at every Hispanic wondering if they are here illegally or not ? I'm in Texas where there are lots of Hispanics.

Old 02-03-2013, 08:44 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
By handing green cards to millions of illegals, the wages in America will be dropped even further. Businesses will benefit tremendously!

When I need work done at my house, I will now be guiltlessly able to pick up some formerly illegal workers to do the work cheaply....after all, they are now Americans.

I have a skill set that some illegal cannot fill....so does my wife, so I will not be effected.

High paid, unskilled union laborers will be easily replaced, saving municipalities and businesses millions.

Blacks, who already have an unemployment rate of double the national average, will suffer the most. I talk to many, many business owners. They all say the same thing.....they would hire Hispanics over blacks every time.

They will also flood the system with welfare, affordable housing and food stamp needs. And talk about how they procreate! Longer waiting periods at clinics and emergency rooms!

You get the government you deserve!
Don't be too smug about your skills, the we need more talent crowd has plenty of visas up their sleeves.

Still I don't care about this issue anymore for the reasons you cite. If those most affected don't care why should I?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies