Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-02-2013, 04:06 PM
 
47,525 posts, read 69,722,740 times
Reputation: 22474

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
We don't need to deport anybody who haven't committed any other crime. There's absolutely no need!

If we want them to leave, simply give them 5 years to leave on their own without penalty or future immigration problem. After that, if anybody caught being illegal here, it's 5 years mandatory prison time. People will leave on their own.
That might not be too bad except the ones who show up to the welfare offices to get food stamps for their kids or who don't pay their hospital and medical bills should be deported immediately. We sure don't need that scum a day longer.

Those who work and get no Medicaid and no food stamps and don't have kids in schools here and aren't committing felony document fraud and identity theft aren't as bad but their employers should get a $20,000 fine per illegal they've hired.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-02-2013, 04:55 PM
 
Location: Flippin AR
5,513 posts, read 5,243,362 times
Reputation: 6243
Even though I agree with almost nothing our current government does, I do not celebrate the decline of the greatest nation on earth--the place where economic growth and a philosophy of independence allowed countless Americans to achieve economic stability and even prosperity.

It is really sad to hear people boast about dancing on America's grave, and I can't help but think it has something to do with the fact that many of us weren't Americans in the first place.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 02-03-2013 at 05:52 AM.. Reason: deleted quoted post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:07 PM
 
62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I knew they were going to do it.
How can you deport 11-20 million people, some of which have US citizens for kids ?

Now, it's all about capturing the voting bloc.
The last census showed the growing Hispanic population.

I don't have an issue with the illegals coming here. Being in the schools I'm dealing with families who do come here for better lives and opportunities.

My issue is with the government and their pandering to them at the expense of the citizens that are paying taxes.

Illegals take over the Blue Collar world and H1-Bs taking over the White Collar world.
We're screwed at both ends here by immigrants.
As I have told you before the solution would be for self-deportations by removing the incentives to remain here. Those with U.S. born minor kids belong with their parents and should return to the homeland with them. If these so-called citizen kids want they can return when they are of age.

Would someone please tell me why Hispanics think that their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and blackmail our politicians to treat them special for votes?

I am very disappointed in you as you post in the illegal immigration forum also and now you say you don't have an issue with illegals coming here? I'll remember that for any future discussions in that forum. You think it is ok for illegal foreigners to come here and steal jobs and benefits from Americans just so "they" can have a better life? I am truly astouned by your comments. Then you turn around and admit that they take blue collar jobs from Americans and we're screwed. Which is it? I am confused. You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:21 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
As I have told you before the solution would be for self-deportations by removing the incentives to remain here. Those with U.S. born minor kids belong with their parents and should return to the homeland with them. If these so-called citizen kids want they can return when they are of age.

Would someone please tell me why Hispanics think that their ethnic group should be above our immigration laws and blackmail our politicians to treat them special for votes?

I am very disappointed in you as you post in the illegal immigration forum also and now you say you don't have an issue with illegals coming here? I'll remember that for any future discussions in that forum. You think it is ok for illegal foreigners to come here and steal jobs and benefits from Americans just so "they" can have a better life? I am truly astouned by your comments. Then you turn around and admit that they take blue collar jobs from Americans and we're screwed. Which is it? I am confused. You seem to be talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Because I'm throwing in the towel on this, that's why.
Sure we're screwed. I voted but the majority of Americans want these illegals to be given amnesty.
The Republicans have always been on the fence..talking tough yet behind the scenes doing the same pandering. At least they are now right up there with the Dems on this amnesty issue.

The majority thinks there's plenty of room at the table for 11-20 million more citizens, many of whom have less than a 5th grade education and some lacking command of the English language.

We've pretty much stopped immigration enforcement and sanctuary cities and states are hollowed protected ground for them.
States are opening their social welfare programs to them and education and healthcare is guaranteed.
Translators are allowed now when people go for their citizenship tests.

There isn't any battle left to fight. "Camp of the Saints" has landed on US shores.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:34 PM
 
Location: Southern Willamette Valley, Oregon
11,269 posts, read 11,035,002 times
Reputation: 19759
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Wow, so to be opposed to illegal immigration and another amnesty which this time around is at least 4 times the number of illegals as the last one with 23 million Americans out of work makes one a member of the KKK? Really?
Absolutely. Anyone who doesn't agree with full amnesty is a bigoted racist xenophobe with a Stormfront membership and a phone that has David Duke on speed dial.

C'mon Oldglory! You didn't get the memo?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:46 PM
 
62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Because I'm throwing in the towel on this, that's why.
Sure we're screwed. I voted but the majority of Americans want these illegals to be given amnesty.
The Republicans have always been on the fence..talking tough yet behind the scenes doing the same pandering. At least they are now right up there with the Dems on this amnesty issue.

The majority thinks there's plenty of room at the table for 11-20 million more citizens, many of whom have less than a 5th grade education and some lacking command of the English language.

We've pretty much stopped immigration enforcement and sanctuary cities and states are hollowed protected ground for them.
States are opening their social welfare programs to them and education and healthcare is guaranteed.
Translators are allowed now when people go for their citizenship tests.

There isn't any battle left to fight. "Camp of the Saints" has landed on US shores.
Throwing in the towel is one thing but saying you don't have a problem with illegal immigrants coming here for a better life at the expense of Americans is quite another. You're wrong the majority of Americans do not want amnesty it is mostly Obama and the Democrats in congress, ethnocentric Hispanics and a few bleeding hearts that do. You're wrong again the last time an amnesty was being pushed through congress it was the Republicans along with outraged Americans who stopped it. Sure there are some fools in the GOP today that think that going along with an amnesty will gain more of the Hispanic vote for them but that is ludicrous. All running scared because Obama got re-elected.

Why do you continue to spout the nonsense that most American citizens want 11-20 more million citizens who had no respect for our immigration laws, are uneducated and can't speak English to join our society permanently especially with 23 million Americans out of work? That makes no sense at all. Where are you getting this? Those aren't the sentiments of most Americans. You are spinning what the fools in our state, local and federal governments are pushing and attributing it to what real Americans want.

It will be an uphill battle but we defeated this crap before and we can do it again. If you want to sit in a corner and cower in defeat instead of fighting for your country's very existance and future then so be it but mind you that is just what the pro-illegal crowd wants you to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 06:50 PM
 
62,978 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Reputation: 18599
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
Absolutely. Anyone who doesn't agree with full amnesty is a bigoted racist xenophobe with a Stormfront membership and a phone that has David Duke on speed dial.

C'mon Oldglory! You didn't get the memo?
I guess I didn't. Just a minute while I hide my white robe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM
 
Location: Great State of Texas
86,052 posts, read 84,519,997 times
Reputation: 27720
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Throwing in the towel is one thing but saying you don't have a problem with illegal immigrants coming here for a better life at the expense of Americans is quite another. You're wrong the majority of Americans do not want amnesty it is mostly Obama and the Democrats in congress, ethnocentric Hispanics and a few bleeding hearts that do. You're wrong again the last time an amnesty was being pushed through congress it was the Republicans along with outraged Americans who stopped it. Sure there are some fools in the GOP today that think that going along with an amnesty will gain more of the Hispanic vote for them but that is ludicrous. All running scared because Obama got re-elected.

Why do you continue to spout the nonsense that most American citizens want 11-20 more million citizens who had no respect for our immigration laws, are uneducated and can't speak English to join our society permanently especially with 23 million Americans out of work? That makes no sense at all. Where are you getting this? Those aren't the sentiments of most Americans. You are spinning what the fools in our state, local and federal governments are pushing and attributing it to what real Americans want.

It will be an uphill battle but we defeated this crap before and we can do it again. If you want to sit in a corner and cower in defeat instead of fighting for your country's very existance and future then so be it but mind you that is just what the pro-illegal crowd wants you to do.
They are coming here for a better life. Are they out to take on Americans ?
They have less skills, less education and don't qualify for government programs.
What they have though that Americans don't is a work ethic and no sense of entitlement, that's what.
They show up when they are supposed to, do the work they are supposed to, clean up when they are done and are polite and courteous the entire time. And they don't charge outrageous prices. OK ? There you have it. I don't hire illegals but I know people that do and that is why they do.
Yardwork, fencing work, some handyman work not involving licenses..they do it and take pride in their work as well. It's not just slapped together like what some American sub-contractors do and then take you r money and never answer the phone when it starts to come apart.

My own brother gave up trying to get some affordable landscaping done (just move rocks and wood borders) because they wanted an arm and leg to do a few hours removal work so he turned to "the Mexicans" who were in and out in 3 hours at a reasonable cash price. Sorry to say I agreed with him on that one. The job was not worth $1500. "The Mexicans" did it for $300 cash.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 08:58 PM
 
20,948 posts, read 19,060,276 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
What will happen is that we'll get the next wave of illegals to work for cash off the books.
Once these illegals become legal they are in competition with American working poor in your big box retail and fast food.

The landscape companies, construction, and others like that are not going to change and all of a sudden start collecting and paying taxes.
No, they will continue to hire illegals.

Not every illegal here will be able to become legal for one reason or another.
And the next wave will start because now there will be job openings.

We did this game already with Reagan. We know how it begins and we know how it ends and we know what happens after.
There is no debate here really.
Do not pass any legislation until the border is fully, 100% secured.

Then talk about amnesty.

Reagan got screwed by the dems by being promised border security.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-02-2013, 09:07 PM
 
8,895 posts, read 5,376,871 times
Reputation: 5703
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post

The landscape companies, construction, and others like that are not going to change and all of a sudden start collecting and paying taxes.
No, they will continue to hire illegals.
They won't if we stop giving them contracts.

I've told all the people do home remodeling .... no illegals.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top