Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 08:48 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Again I am baffled by your comments which is full of untruths anyway. Make up your mind either you think it is ok to come here illegally for a better life while downgrading the lives of Americans or you don't. This has nothing to do with you throwing in the towel on this issue either. So Americans lack work ethnics? Make up your mind which side of the fence you are on on this issue. Welcome to my ignore list.
What we believe is of no consequence. I think every illegal should be forcibly removed but we are a democracy and my view is a minority view. So there it is and life still goes on. Truth be told many Latinos are fine people and any time I enter an establishment staffed by them I get good service. Amnesty won't be all bad from a consumer of services standpoint. I've made peace with this issue. You should too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 08:53 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,147,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I've made peace with this issue. You should too.
If everyone thought that... we might as well roll over and let our government steam-roll every single thing we do in life. The Borg anyone? Assimilation is inevitable?

Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM

29,837 posts, read 24,937,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
My biggest problem with this whole amnesty thing..

If they couldn't follow the LAW by going through the proper channels to get into this country... what makes everyone think that *walla*.. now their going to be upstanding, tax-paying, law abiding citizens? Once a thief..always a thief. 15 Million pardon's for illegal acts.. in one fell swoop.........Why don't we deport them, and allow 15 million who followed the law by NOT coming in have a chance. I'd welcome law-abiding folks twice as quickly....
Because they might vote republican...

Old 02-03-2013, 09:08 AM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times
Quote:
What we believe is of no consequence. I think every illegal should be forcibly removed but we are a democracy and my view is a minority view. So there it is and life still goes on. Truth be told many Latinos are fine people and any time I enter an establishment staffed by them I get good service. Amnesty won't be all bad from a consumer of services standpoint. I've made peace with this issue. You should too.
Yes, most of us aren't talking about forcibly removing them. However, the majority do not desire amnesty and would prefer we encourage self-deportation by removing the incentives for them to remain here along with continued internal enforcement.

What does many Latinos being fine people have to do with this? This is about those here illegally and how does that justify their presence here because some or many are nice on the outside? I guess we should just overlook the felony ID thefts and their other crimes then? The raping of our tax coffers and jobs they have taken from Americans? How can you make peace with that? I certainly can't. Another amnesty will be really bad for the American people now and in the future. Apparently you have been drinking the pro-illegal kool-aid lately and it is very disappointing to me.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,433,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Even though I agree with almost nothing our current government does, I do not celebrate the decline of the greatest nation on earth--the place where economic growth and a philosophy of independence allowed countless Americans to achieve economic stability and even prosperity.

It is really sad to hear people boast about dancing on America's grave, and I can't help but think it has something to do with the fact that many of us weren't Americans in the first place.
I hear you but what do you want us to do? We are overwhelmed by no and low information voters. The media is thus able to manipulate these people easily to vote for people who will usher Americas demise.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
Because they might vote republican...
They'll never vote Republican and that isn't the issue anyway. It is about our immigration laws and not rewarding those who break them.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Whatever happens I hope they can get them paying into Social Security as soon as possible. That program will be bankrupt in 20-30 years. Mostly because of BC and abortions. Not as many people living to pay into it to replace the retired ones collecting.

If you are under 45 you won't see a dime of SS.
On the other hand it they go home where they belong Americans will get their jobs back and they in turn will be paying into the SS fund.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Don't be too smug about your skills, the we need more talent crowd has plenty of visas up their sleeves.

Still I don't care about this issue anymore for the reasons you cite. If those most affected don't care why should I?
As a black American you should care that your fellow black citizens have less job opportunities in this country with millions of illegal immigrants working here.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:22 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,584,043 times
Quote:
Don't be too smug about your skills, the we need more talent crowd has plenty of visas up their sleeves.

Still I don't care about this issue anymore for the reasons you cite. If those most affected don't care why should I?
Blacks have twice of the unemployment rate. Once those 20 million or so illegals are allowed in, watch that unemployment rate to jump to 400%.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:30 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,037,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aus10 View Post
If everyone thought that... we might as well roll over and let our government steam-roll every single thing we do in life. The Borg anyone? Assimilation is inevitable?
Why not? Just further proof we've become the "whatever" society.
By the way, wish I was RV'ing right now as well. I miss full-timing!
As for how to get illegals to go home, just fully implement the instant employer check system so it works and then levy heavy,heavy fines up to jail time for any employer who hires somebody that they haven't checked and turns out to be illegally here. Notice I took out the word "knowingly" as that's a huge loophole that's used all the time. No computer status check the whoops you knew what you were doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies