Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 10:10 PM

23,864 posts, read 24,105,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
The male suspect fled into a neighborhood near Buffalo Drive and Laredo Street and broke into a house. According to investigators the man fired his gun inside the home but didn't strike anyone. He then left the home and broke into a second home, where the homeowner had a gun and fired at the suspect. Metro says, it's unclear if the homeowner hit the suspect.

After exiting the second home, the man runs into the street and points his gun at officers. An officer fired his gun, striking the man.
I guess the guy decided it'd be better to face a bunch of cops than a single armed citizen.

Metro Officer Shoots Bank Robbery Suspect - 8 News NOW
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 01:13 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I guess the guy decided it'd be better to face a bunch of cops than a single armed citizen.

Metro Officer Shoots Bank Robbery Suspect - 8 News NOW
He was probably right. Odds are that the armed citizen was a better shot.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:11 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Maybe if the right wing, gun loving nuts would have supported the education system better the guy may have been in college rather than robbing banks. But I know that is over the head of most people who stroke their guns lovingly.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:18 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Maybe if the right wing, gun loving nuts would have supported abortion on every state the guy may not even be born rather than robbing banks. But I know that is over the head of most people who stroke their guns lovingly.
Fixed for you.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:49 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times
Quote:
Maybe if the right wing, gun loving nuts would have supported the education system better the guy may have been in college rather than robbing banks. But I know that is over the head of most people who stroke their guns lovingly.
We have a winner! Dumbest post of the month.

We spend more on education than nearly any country in the world. It sure ain't lack of opportunity that drove this deadbeat criminal to robbing banks.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:53 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,461,965 times
This is news? Police officers chase an armed bank robber and catch him.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,522,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
We have a winner! Dumbest post of the month.

We spend more on education than nearly any country in the world. It sure ain't lack of opportunity that drove this deadbeat criminal to robbing banks.
Support isn't necessarily money. I know big picture topics aren't your strong point.

Old 02-03-2013, 10:33 AM

46,278 posts, read 27,088,282 times
Quote:
No argument....figures from the left anti gun hating crowd...

Old 02-03-2013, 10:31 PM

198 posts, read 167,571 times
Quote:
Support isn't necessarily money. I know big picture topics aren't your strong point.
did you ever consider that maybe this deadbeat was a high school drop-out that had no desire for higher education to begin with? Of course not, you would rather point blame where none exist rather than except the fact that some people are just sorry lowlife scum.

I personally don't know the perp. or anything about him but I can logically presume that it is also possible that he in fact does have a college education but still can't find a job to pay his mortgage and college debt and had to resort to robbing a bank to survive. But regardless of his education or social status in life, the remainder of the population or the Republicans (as you put it), are not to blame for his bad decision to rob a bank or break into someone's house.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies