Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:07 AM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
You just arent quick enough.

Wisconsin has a Republican governor and Republican controlled state legislature.
I never claimed OTHERWISE. HOWEVER The article is titled, "Milwaukee Firearms PSA", NOT WISCONSIN.

Maybe posters should try to stay on topic and NOT try to wonder off because they discuss the ACTUAL topic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 08:10 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoJiveMan View Post
In case you missed it, they're discussing the city of Milwaukee, not the Federal Government.
Tell that to rorqual, who thinks that the discussion is about the entire state of Wisconsin,

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
You just arent quick enough.

Wisconsin has a Republican governor and Republican controlled state legislature.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basic Problem View Post
Excuse me but in case you haven't been paying attention, it is the Democratic Senate that has been holding the Budget hostage for the past 4+ years. So don't blame the lack of funding on the Republicans when Dem. Senator Harry Reid refused to vote on a budget. Legislation for raising or cutting revenue do not belong in a budget bill.
Ror is confused. Their has been NO cutting of gov'r spending. Obama and the dem controlled Congress and INCREASE spending. Some agencies got a 24% INCREASE.

With the higher spending rate in place the dems do NOT want to have a discussion on reduing that spending so they refuse to submit a budget but, instead want to pass continuing resolutions at the HIGH rate.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:23 AM

2,238 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
I don't know about Glitch, but as for me,I rely on a camp stove and iodine tablets if I need to be sure that my water is clean (for your information - the Clean Water Act was signed by a Republican), my doctor tends to my any medical needs that I can't handle myself, I could live very comfortably without electricity and am interested in going off the grid(around here a private company supplies the electricity), I don't rely on police for anything, and I practice fire safety,

As for roads - there is no reason why they can't become privately maintained.
Sure, another rugged indivualist who constantly posts on c-d republican talking points ? I seriously doubt you could really do without government although it would be interesting to see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Ror is confused. Their has been NO cutting of gov'r spending. Obama and the dem controlled Congress and INCREASE spending. Some agencies got a 24% INCREASE.

With the higher spending rate in place the dems do NOT want to have a discussion on reduing that spending so they refuse to submit a budget but, instead want to pass continuing resolutions at the HIGH rate.
there has been cutting of government spending obama has cut A LOT of federal employee jobs what needs to happen though is we need to cut the DoD and there over bloated budget

Old 02-04-2013, 09:59 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Tell that to rorqual, who thinks that the discussion is about the entire state of Wisconsin,
I think the person can read, I think I'll ask that your post be edited for calling out another member.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:14 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
How long have the republicans held the state congress in WI?

Here is what they are doing with it"
Originally Exempt From State Cuts, Wisconsin Police And Firefighters Now Face Changes Too

Is this guy a Republican?
Mitt Romney: We don’t need more cops, firefighters or teachers

I think the cops and firefighters should have never been exempt in the 1st place.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:23 AM

8,347 posts, read 7,241,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
I think the cops and firefighters should have never been exempt in the 1st place.
If you're talking about Walker trying to bust the union grip, then......

The only reason Walker exempted them was because he WANTED police and firefighters to VOTE for him in the state. As it turns out, only about 2 districts threw their support behind him, the rest went democrat.

But he was more than happy to bust the teacher's union, and take away some funds for colleges in the state. Among the other things to try to balance the state budget, but even that hasn't worked too well.

You folks talking about Milwaukee here need to keep in mind that Milwaukee receives federal and state $$$$ to provide services for it, and other cities in the state. It operates pretty much like any other state operates.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
The longest year of my life was the week I spent in Milwaukee.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadSpeak View Post
Sure, another rugged indivualist who constantly posts on c-d republican talking points ? I seriously doubt you could really do without government although it would be interesting to see.

there has been cutting of government spending obama has cut A LOT of federal employee jobs what needs to happen though is we need to cut the DoD and there over bloated budget
I don't know where you get your info but, I've says fed employment has gone UP about 14%.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:13 PM

4,837 posts, read 4,167,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
From a democrat sheriff:

I’m Sheriff David Clarke, and I want to talk to you about something personal: your safety. It’s no longer a spectator sport; I need you in the game. But are you ready?

With officers laid off and furloughed, simply calling 911 and waiting is no longer your best option.
You can beg for mercy from a violent criminal, hide under the bed, or you can fight back, but are you prepared?

Consider taking a certified safety course in handling a firearm so you can defend yourself until we get there.
You have a duty to protect yourself and your family.

We’re partners now, can I count on you?

This safely message brought to you by The Milwaukee County Sheriff’s office.

Firearms & Freedom

Sheriff David Clarke PSA for Milwaukee County - YouTube
He's not a democrat. He ran as one to get the vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies