Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 12:52 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Sheesh, you righties have spent four pages completely missing the point.

We ALL know that politicians from across the political spectrum do really dumb, offensive, sexual things. No argument there!

The difference is -- you know, the hypocrisy part that apparently no one on the right understands (I guess the definition of the word eludes you) -- is that Anthony Weiner, Menendez, Bill Clinton, et al, don't spend their entire careers literally preaching about family values and trying to legislate their version of morality for the country.

As long as your party calls itself the "family values" party, and yet people like Newt Gingrich, serial cheater and wife dumper, are prominent in it, you're really the hypocrisy party. Bill the Big Dawg might be a scumbag, but at least he doesn't behave like a scumbag in private while publicly telling other people how to live their lives like you guys do.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you people. Do you really not understand the definition of "hypocrisy"?
Can you please show us where the person in question ran as a "family values" politician? The left loves to pull that family values BS out any time something like this happens but I've seen very few people actually run on a family values platform.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:54 PM

19,840 posts, read 12,102,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempesT68 View Post
Another day, another scandal from those "family values" GOP politicians,..

This time it's a Nebraska lt. governor that made around 2,000 calls to adult sex lines on his state issued phone. It's likely that these calls were made on taxpayer dime.

The Lt. governor has since resigned.

Nebraska Lt. Gov. Sheehy quits after revelation of 2,000 improper late-night calls | The Raw Story
Tempest, we are still waiting for your proof to back up the sex line assertion.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:58 PM

13,714 posts, read 31,176,487 times
Quote:
Another day, another scandal from those "family values" GOP politicians,..

This time it's a Nebraska lt. governor that made around 2,000 calls to adult sex lines on his state issued phone. It's likely that these calls were made on taxpayer dime.

The Lt. governor has since resigned.

Nebraska Lt. Gov. Sheehy quits after revelation of 2,000 improper late-night calls | The Raw Story
Is this story worse than what is developing with US Senator from NJ, Bob Menendez, a Democrat? At the minimum he took trips on a private jet owned by a big donor. At worst these trips included prostitutes. This story is still developing.

Your attempt to make this a political party issue is pathetic. Politicians of both parties are corrupt, cheat on their spouses, and regularly show just how crappy they are.

Rep. Weiner? Elliott Spitzer?

Old 02-03-2013, 01:16 PM

24,620 posts, read 28,282,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
At least not the Obama supporters. They scream Romney is a flip flopper that you can't trust and ignore that Obama is full of flip flops and BS...or they justify it.
And this comment has what to do with the stupidity of this guy?
Ummm, nothing.

Old 02-03-2013, 03:45 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
Sheesh, you righties have spent four pages completely missing the point.

We ALL know that politicians from across the political spectrum do really dumb, offensive, sexual things. No argument there!

The difference is -- you know, the hypocrisy part that apparently no one on the right understands (I guess the definition of the word eludes you) -- is that Anthony Weiner, Menendez, Bill Clinton, et al, don't spend their entire careers literally preaching about family values and trying to legislate their version of morality for the country.

As long as your party calls itself the "family values" party, and yet people like Newt Gingrich, serial cheater and wife dumper, are prominent in it, you're really the hypocrisy party. Bill the Big Dawg might be a scumbag, but at least he doesn't behave like a scumbag in private while publicly telling other people how to live their lives like you guys do.

I can't believe I have to explain this to you people. Do you really not understand the definition of "hypocrisy"?
Thank you! You can't run on being the party of 'Morality" and 'Family Values" and then not expect to be called out for it when you are actually anything BUT.

You can't be a Republican Senator preaching "Pro Life' only to have it become known that you encouraged your girlfriend to have an abortion. This would be a little less newsworthy if you weren't out there proclaiming you morality all day long.

Newt was one of the ringleaders in pointing fingers at Bill Clinton - only to find that - he was doing the same damn thing!

Old 02-03-2013, 04:23 PM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
They are ignorant asses. They have nothing better to do than to start these inane threads.
What's funny as hell is that right wingnuts are the ones that declared themselves moral, that pretended for a looong time that they're holy, that point fingers when a lefty is committing adultery, right wingnuts and their preachers being loud proclaiming lefties to be "sinners."

HOWEVER, things sure changed, didn't they?

Now every time a right winger is found to be a pedophile or an adulterer, or behaving in a sexually deranged way, it's now landing online and in the news. Lefties decided that if the right wingnuts consider themselves the moral ones, they're going to be nice and exposed every single time they prove themselves to be quite the opposite, and that isn't going to change, so enjoy yourself having your beloved comrades exposed!

And you know, I think that people who go around saying they're moral, are probably THE most amoral, or immoral individuals around. I'd put money on that.

Old 02-03-2013, 04:27 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
I think be it celebrities.republicans or democrats or just joe blow we see these huamn weaknesses raise their heads everyday. For joe blow ;no one cares except those immediately around them. Just look at the democratic presdiential candidates especially how close edwards came to being president.

Old 02-03-2013, 05:11 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,474,184 times
Quote:
GOP Lt. Governor Resigns After Making 2,000 Improper Late-Night Calls
The biggest mistake was using the "company" phone for what appears to be non-official business.

[i frankly don't care who he was calling or the content of the conversations]

Old 02-03-2013, 09:21 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
...... But you ignore the many Democrats who have fallen because of their lack of discretion. Anthony Wiener???? How many others?
It goes with the Progressive territory.

Clinton, Wiener, Spitzer, Barry (not sex, crack and re-elected!)......yawn.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:25 PM

20,330 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
What's funny as hell is that right wingnuts are the ones that declared themselves moral, that pretended for a looong time that they're holy, that point fingers when a lefty is committing adultery, right wingnuts and their preachers being loud proclaiming lefties to be "sinners."

HOWEVER, things sure changed, didn't they?

Now every time a right winger is found to be a pedophile or an adulterer, or behaving in a sexually deranged way, it's now landing online and in the news. Lefties decided that if the right wingnuts consider themselves the moral ones, they're going to be nice and exposed every single time they prove themselves to be quite the opposite, and that isn't going to change, so enjoy yourself having your beloved comrades exposed!

And you know, I think that people who go around saying they're moral, are probably THE most amoral, or immoral individuals around. I'd put money on that.
So lefties don't take the moral high ground when it comes to marriage, peodophilia or sexual derangement? Why not?

So they don't appear judgemental? That's ridiculous.

I don't know ANY conservatives who condone deviant, immoral behavior and I know plenty of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies