Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-05-2013, 07:40 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,929,155 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I agree.

Who took this guy to a shooting range? Oooopsy?

Just because you enjoy the sport of target shooting doesn't mean you can turn it into a touchy-feely moment of PTSD syndrom treatment. "There we had a great day at the range; he's all better now!"

Bad call dude.
I myself don't know abot PTSD.......I just find it strange the guy went to the range in Kyle's truck, shot Kyle shortly after they arrived. Then the shooter drove Kyle's truck to his sister told her and went home. This sounds very strange and I'm surprised so many are giving the guy a pass to murder....does make me wonder how it went down and why Kyle and friend had trusted the guy enough to turn their backs on him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2013, 08:16 PM

13,684 posts, read 9,002,120 times
Here is my understanding about the situation about the gun range.

While the gun range, located some 1.5 miles from the lodge, belongs to Rough Creek (i.e., is on their land) Rough Creek had donated the use of it to Chris Kyle's organization (that tries to help Vet's with PTSD). Hence, Chris going out to that range with such troubled individuals was common (and maybe why he had a second party with him).

Old 02-05-2013, 09:18 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Here is my understanding about the situation about the gun range.

While the gun range, located some 1.5 miles from the lodge, belongs to Rough Creek (i.e., is on their land) Rough Creek had donated the use of it to Chris Kyle's organization (that tries to help Vet's with PTSD). Hence, Chris going out to that range with such troubled individuals was common (and maybe why he had a second party with him).
So why.....WHY...after helping many does "this" one kill him?

I don't buy it for one second. Then again, I know PTSD and "caught" the fact he also stole the truck and took off. Someone with a PTSD meltdown will be found usually in the same area. Maybe laying on the ground with his hands over his ears and or very emotional. Not flooring the truck and burning rubber out of there. Keep in mind, he's trying to off himself in jail now too. Remorse? Ha! He's afraid they will make him talk.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
So why.....WHY...after helping many does "this" one kill him?

I don't buy it for one second. Then again, I know PTSD and "caught" the fact he also stole the truck and took off. Someone with a PTSD meltdown will be found usually in the same area. Maybe laying on the ground with his hands over his ears and or very emotional. Not flooring the truck and burning rubber out of there. Keep in mind, he's trying to off himself in jail now too. Remorse? Ha! He's afraid they will make him talk.
This is what I would imagine, at least this is more of what we hear happens.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I myself don't know abot PTSD.......I just find it strange the guy went to the range in Kyle's truck, shot Kyle shortly after they arrived. Then the shooter drove Kyle's truck to his sister told her and went home. This sounds very strange and I'm surprised so many are giving the guy a pass to murder....does make me wonder how it went down and why Kyle and friend had trusted the guy enough to turn their backs on him.
Now you do, so does everyone else. I think you had it right along with me from the start. BS

Alice In Chains - Rooster - YouTube

Old 02-05-2013, 09:27 PM

37,959 posts, read 22,131,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I did not know him, but i was sad to see him meet such a senseless end like this.

BTW, Ron Paul can go to hell for his ignorant comment. No matter what that man says from now on, that asinine comment of his will be the one that stays with me.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
Quote:
I've seen this kind of "PTSD" before, in spades. If this was just a case of "PTSD" and I don't know one way or the other I suspect Routh killed him because Kyle was the famed sniper (I don't buy the truck). He knew such a killing would get him stardom and maybe earn his 'badass' credentials.

I knew a guy who admitted to shooting someone he thought was laughing at him. Like I said elsewhere, if a person has a natural rage, after war their threshold for killing people is taken away allowing that rage to run around.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
I did not know him, but i was sad to see him meet such a senseless end like this.

BTW, Ron Paul can go to hell for his ignorant comment. No matter what that man says from now on, that asinine comment of his will be the one that stays with me.
I can't believe Paul came out like that,and to think he wanted the President seat.

Shame what a Shame

Old 02-05-2013, 09:36 PM

Quote:
While during a flashback, you manage to take out a high profile target like Chris while the war is still going? After you gain both his and his friends trust? Steal his truck and burn rubber after? Come on people...you can't be that dumb.

Old 02-05-2013, 09:40 PM

3,168 posts, read 2,061,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
While during a flashback, you manage to take out a high profile target like Chris while the war is still going? After you gain both his and his friends trust? Steal his truck and burn rubber after? Come on people...you can't be that dumb.
From the sounds of it, Kyle took veterans out shooting all the time as a bonding exercise. I'm not sure if much trust was established before Kyle took out Routh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies