Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 07:14 PM

19,028 posts, read 14,205,095 times

Advertisements

"Gun rights?"
Puh-leaze.
It's the "right to life" and the right to defend that life with any weapon. Firearms are just the most convenient form.
When the servant government tells its master to disarm, it's time to take government to the wood shed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 07:20 PM

3,382 posts, read 8,650,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
See my post #27. If you are in S.C., you know what I am saying is the truth.

BTW - I traded my 10/22 and cash for a Remington Nylon 66 and an old Marlin 336 in .30-30. You may have my old 10/22 if the one you bought is SS with a synthetic stock.
I have attended several gunshows and a ffl dealer not processing you sounds like bull****. Nope I bought a carbine, blued with wood stock. I plan on going and purchasing a gun in about 2 weeks, so i will look around again.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:39 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
They allow tables here in South Carolina to be rented to "private sellers", who can sell without having a FFL. This guy had probably 75 assorted guns for sale.

You are welcome to attend the next show and see it for yourself. Let me know, and I will go with you.
Then you didn't buy from a vendor of the show, you bought from a private individual who isn't a dealer. It was a private sale, everything was legal.

Old 02-03-2013, 07:41 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
You didn't address my points about why a show organizer would even allow private sales on the show floor. Private sales inside the show cut out sales to the vendors who paid to have a booth at the show and doesn't put a dime into the organizer's pocket.
None of my local shows allow private sales inside the building, that takes place outside which to my knowledge is public property and completely legal. Again, not a gun show loophole.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:29 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
These are the things that must cease.

We need registration.
Considering knives, baseball bats and hammers kill more then rifles, should we register them also?

Old 02-04-2013, 12:36 PM

59,056 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djmilf View Post
But I didn't say that the gun being sold in the lot was from a vendor's registered inventory. The gun in the trunk in the parking lot doesn't have any legal connection to any vendor at the show.

But somehow, the gun show vendor knows what's being sold out in the parking lot by whom and where its being sold. Now just how does the vendor have this information? Again, just a coincidence?

You've seen this? People walking around gun shows with guns displayed and prices posted? I've never seen this.

I have seen private individuals bring guns into shows. They get stopped at the gate by the show's security officer and made to either place their weapon in a case or have the security officer at the show wrap the weapon in brown rosin paper. The private individual can then carry the weapon to any of the booth vendors and offer to sell it to a vendor. The private sellers are NOT allowed to conduct private sales to other individuals.

Why would anyone running any sort of gun show allow private sales between individuals on the floor of the facility or even in the parking lot? That drives sales away from the vendors who paid for booths and doesn't put a dime in the show operator's wallet.
"You've seen this? People walking around gun shows with guns displayed and prices posted? I've never seen this."

First, I am a big supporter of the 2nd Amendment and I have seen this many times in different states, only the seller usually doesn't have a price posted. He wants to haggle for the best price. The vendors do not mind because they think that if the owner sells his gun, he will have money to buy one of theirs.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:40 PM

1,229 posts, read 1,147,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Don't be a fool and use this ignorant term, there is no such thing as a gun show loophole. If you attend a gun show in the United States and buy a gun from a vendor you are subject to a federal background check just like if you buy from a gun store down the street or a gun vendor online.

The term comes from misinformed idiots who actually believe that you can sidestep the background check requirements by simply buying a gun from a gun show which isn't true.

In the US you can legally purchase a gun from a private individual without a background check, if the gun crosses state lines it has to be transferred through an FFL. This has nothing to do with gun shows, it just so happens that a lot of private sales happen in parking lots and sidewalks outside of gun shows because that's where people with guns usually go to buy or sell them.

If you want to make it illegal to do a private sale without a background check then fight for it and make it happen, I don't appose it and would fully support it as long as it doesn't involve gun registration. Just don't make yourself sound like a fool and use the term "gun show loophole", educate yourself.
And you know that its is ment for people who are private sellers at gun shows and on the street via internet or any other method of advert, who are exempt from back ground checks and transfers in most states. Your the one mudding up the water here. I am not for Universal back ground checks but your logic is just wrong.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:53 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Wrong. I bought a S&W .22 Kit Gun at a show here at the fairgrounds in Columbia a couple of years back and the vendor couldn't figure out why I wanted to show him my ID. No paperwork ever existed except for the paper the $425 cash I gave him was printed on.

We need mandatory checks for all purchases, and a final check at the exit to make certain the paperwork was done.

if the vendor was a private citizen selling items that were his, then he would not have to have a background check on you. if he is a FFL holder, then he would have to have a nics check on you.

background checks only effect the law abiding citizen, laws do not effect the criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies