Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 11:31 AM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,118 times

Advertisements

I wonder how far anti-gun lawmakers are willing to go until they tear this country in two. They seem awfully secretive about about the penalties for non-compliance.

This is going to get interesting. In the region where I live, I could almost guarantee less than 10% would comply with any new legislation, whatsoever.

Outright Rebellion In NY Over Guns - YouTube

EDIT: Bonus Video

Piers Morgan absolutely destroyed by Ben Shapiro, who makes the best pro-second amendment arguments I've heard so far. Must see...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8717xnDEKQ
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 11:41 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,001,988 times
From the meeting:
Quote:
"I spent two years floating around in the Mediterranean, protecting us from the communists. 1957-1959. And when I get home, where do i find them? They're here. They are in Sacramento, they are in Albany, they are in Washington."
The left fears guns in the hands of law abiding citizens because only those people can effectively prevent their transformation of our republic into a tyrannical entity.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:50 AM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,130 times
Good for them. It is time to show the communists bast##ds that this is the USA and not the USSR. And we are not going to bend over and let them take our rights away. As one told them "bring it on." Like the Navy guy said he spent two years floating around the ocean to keep the communists in check, and he returns home to find them here. Damn.

Old 02-03-2013, 11:58 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty011 View Post
Good for them. It is time to show the communists bast##ds that this is the USA and not the USSR. And we are not going to bend over and let them take our rights away. As one told them "bring it on." Like the Navy guy said he spent two years floating around the ocean to keep the communists in check, and he returns home to find them here. Damn.
The same old guy most likely had Bush bumper stickers on his car and voted for him too. And now he can have his door kicked in with out a warrant and be held indefinitely after being labeled a terrorist. So which commies are you referring too? the ones on the right or left?

Old 02-03-2013, 12:04 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,389,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
The same old guy most likely had Bush bumper stickers on his car and voted for him too. And now he can have his door kicked in with out a warrant and be held indefinitely after being labeled a terrorist. So which commies are you referring too? the ones on the right or left?
A lot of assuming on your part, don't try to deflect the issue with "but....but...but what about Bush". This issue is about the NY law and how unjust it is. Show your thoughts on that , if you want to take other issues take them to another thread for debate instead of trying to water down this issue.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
A lot of assuming on your part, don't try to deflect the issue with "but....but...but what about Bush". This issue is about the NY law and how unjust it is. Show your thoughts on that , if you want to take other issues take them to another thread for debate instead of trying to water down this issue.
You are right I should not have brought up Bush I should have said the {R} party is not a defender of freedom or rights and is as pathetic as the other party in that regard. With that I will keep my comments about what the old boy said I mean who am too judge his delusional interpretation of rights. I mean to each his own.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:25 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
You are right I should not have brought up Bush I should have said the {R} party is not a defender of freedom or rights and is as pathetic as the other party in that regard. With that I will keep my comments about what the old boy said I mean who am too judge his delusional interpretation of rights. I mean to each his own.

Who are we to judge your delusional interpretation of our rights? I mean to each his own.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:27 PM

2,117 posts, read 1,880,118 times
Swing actually makes a good point. Bush was definitely responsible for the single greatest loss of our civil liberties since this country was settled, you know, minus the whole slavery thing (o.O)

If we are to defeat what many of us feel are illogical and unjust gun legislation, then we need to be consistent. And by being consistent, we all NEED to recognize that Bush was a problem, no different than our current administration, and his ass should have been kicked to the curb the minute it was patently obvious the Iraq war was predicated upon his own self-serving bull**** served to us on a platter of lies and deceit. Oh yeah, and the whole Patriot Act thing...

Last edited by Some_Random_Guy; 02-03-2013 at 12:47 PM..

Old 02-03-2013, 12:37 PM

775 posts, read 740,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
This is going to get interesting. In the region where I live, I could almost guarantee less than 10% would comply with any new legislation, whatsoever.
Then they will be arrested, charged and convicted for obstruction of justice.

I really don't care.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:40 PM

13,610 posts, read 21,389,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Some_Random_Guy View Post
Swing actually makes a good point. Bush was definitely responsible for the single greatest loss of our civil liberties since this country was settled, you know, minus the whole slavery thing (o.O)

If we are to defeat what many of us feel are illogical and unjust gun legislation, then we need to be consistent. And by being consistent, we all NEED to recognize that Bush was a problem, no different than our current administration, and his ass should have been kicked to the curb the minute it was patently obvious the Iraq was was predicated upon his own self-serving bull**** served to us on a platter of lies and deceit. Oh yeah, and the whole Patriot Act thing...
Other issues other debates about unjust laws or loss of freedom can be another thread. Too often I see a side say " yeah but your side did that" as a way of saying "so its ok for my side to do this".

There was no opinion made about the NY law or gun control , just " well republicans did this other thing against freedom". So does hat mean its ok for democrats to attack gun owners because the republicans attacked other people for a different reason? Stop the deflections......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies