Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 02:12 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmqueen View Post
I've often wondered why RWNJs on this forum use the word "ilk" so much. Never seen it used this often outside of a Sir Walter Scott novel. But at least most of you use it correctly in a sentence. I do not understand the above.

Please learn English. Thank you.

Merriam-Webster:

Definition of ILK

: sort, kind <the rejection of these books or others of like ilk — Kathleen Molz>

Examples of ILK

The club attracts punk rockers and others of that ilk.
<we're looking for chestnuts and other items of that ilk for our autumn decorations>
Classic Jesuit education.

Younger than Barry O BTW, FYI, FWIW and YMMV.

I get it, you got no game. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2013, 02:15 PM

7,242 posts, read 7,905,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workaholics View Post
Liberals need to stop attacking everybody as racist. It's about as effective in a political debate as accusing liberals and Democrats of being communist.
You might think so but the evidence says other wise. Like how the secret service had to start guarding candidate Obama half a year before they normally do because of all the death threats and racist hate mail he received. Mind you this is before he even came out with public policy positions so it's pretty clear what they didn't like was his skin color and strange sounding family name. The constant attempts from day when to try to pretend Obama was some how an "other", not a "real American", the birtherism, the lies about not being Christian, claims that he some how hated white people, and other BS. This wasn't based on policy this was based on what he looked like and that, rightly, is a sign of racism to a huge percentage of the US population.

This is true even if you don't like it. Racism is one of the single largest motivating factors in the right wing's blind hatred of him from day one. They hated him as soon as they saw a picture of him and, yes, that's racist.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM

385 posts, read 358,027 times
How about when he lied about closing Guantanamo?

Or how about when he passed a law (NDAA) making it legal for him to detain a U.S. citizen indefinitely without a trial. (blatantly violates constitution)

How about when he said he was going to have on of the most transparent administrations, then had one of the least?

I could go on and on....

He is a proven liar, but as long as the stupid masses get their obamaphones and free food they couldn't care less!

Old 02-03-2013, 02:19 PM

39,077 posts, read 51,218,516 times
I speak for all conservatives in honestly saying it was his dark skin that made me suspicious of him at first sight. Then it was revealed that he falsified his birth records to hide that he was not an American that sealed the deal.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM

10,190 posts, read 7,951,691 times
Quote:
By the way guys, you're all listing stuff that he has done over the course of his time in office. I'm looking more for the exact moment you realized you don't want this guy to be president, which (if you've been paying attention) should have been during the 2008 campaign or earlier.

I did not feel that he was qualified to be President. His short time serving as a US Senator does not qualify one to be President. He was a community organizer for Gods sake. You do not jump from that to be President of the United States, the most powerful man in the free world.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:20 PM

630 posts, read 1,264,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
You might think so but the evidence says other wise. Like how the secret service had to start guarding candidate Obama half a year before they normally do because of all the death threats and racist hate mail he received. Mind you this is before he even came out with public policy positions so it's pretty clear what they didn't like was his skin color and strange sounding family name. The constant attempts from day when to try to pretend Obama was some how an "other", not a "real American", the birtherism, the lies about not being Christian, claims that he some how hated white people, and other BS. This wasn't based on policy this was based on what he looked like and that, rightly, is a sign of racism to a huge percentage of the US population.

This is true even if you don't like it. Racism is one of the single largest motivating factors in the right wing's blind hatred of him from day one. They hated him as soon as they saw a picture of him and, yes, that's racist.
I agree that the Republican party uses dog whistle racism to motivate many in their base, but most of them seem to be blind to that fact, so bringing it up just offends them and you lose all credibility because you have insulted them in the worst possible way. So I think it's just better to avoid that word and that tactic in a political debate.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM

709 posts, read 656,561 times
Quote:

You know what? You're right. Obviously, every single white person in this country is just FILLED with hatred of blacks and other minorities. You have it all figured out. I mean, other than the huge percentages of whites that voted for Obama both in 2008 and 2012; they are clearly the enlightened ones.

Maybe you should run to your nearest TV station with this earth-shattering revelation about the rampant racism by such a large segment of the population here in the US. I'm sure they'd love to do stories upon stories about this.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:21 PM

385 posts, read 358,027 times
Quote:

He's a liar and that's why I don't like him. Who cares what reasons the republican party hates him for, they are filled with liars too.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:22 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times
Quote:
By the way guys, you're all listing stuff that he has done over the course of his time in office. I'm looking more for the exact moment you realized you don't want this guy to be president, which (if you've been paying attention) should have been during the 2008 campaign or earlier.
I knew he would show love to Wall st considering his campaign coffers were stuffed with their money and the people he surrounded himself with Rubin, Summers, Geithner, etc, etc.
It was a real knee slapper that he said he wanted to renegotiate NAFTA and then his staff sent a letter to Canada saying it was just campaign rhetoric.
Same with Gitmo.

Old 02-03-2013, 02:23 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,708,302 times
Quote:
I realized that I didn't want him as President at about the time that he announced his candidacy. This wasn't based on anything other than his lack of experience, quite frankly. Since then, he's done nothing but reinforce my belief that one should have at least had some executive experience before attempting to run a country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies