Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 09:08 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I guess the most onerous thing about them to me is their attempts to abolish the 13th Ammendment to the US Constitution.

You won't see it documented anywhere but trust me, they're working on it behind the scenes.
George Zimmerman is their hero.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2013, 09:18 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Statutory Ape View Post
Don't stupid people deserve to have power?

George Bush fought for stupid people, and employed them as armed security guards.

We are witnessing it now.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:21 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
If you support gay marriage, do you support polygamy too?
That is a good question for Mitt Romney.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:25 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,820,712 times
What tenet of the TEA Party do you oppose the most?

The Tea Party was started in response to a black man being elected president and represents nothing!

9.12 DC TEA PARTY - March Footage with Interviews - YouTube

Old 02-04-2013, 09:34 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,297,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
What tenet of the TEA Party do you oppose the most?

The Tea Party was started in response to a black man being elected president and represents nothing!

9.12 DC TEA PARTY - March Footage with Interviews - YouTube
This is objective reality to most people. Look, here is my simple test, if you hate the ACA healthcare bill known as Obamacare because its big government, then YOU CANT SUPPORT MEDICARE which is an even bigger more government control than the ACA bill. Most Americans won't even be in those state insurance markets.

Every single American who lives till 65 or whatever the age of eligibility will be in Medicare 100%. That is massive government control. Yet these same lying conservatives who insist that Obamacare is the end of the USA in huge numbers love medicare.

They don't hate the ACA health bill because its big government. They are lying.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:46 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
This is objective reality to most people. Look, here is my simple test, if you hate the ACA healthcare bill known as Obamacare because its big government, then YOU CANT SUPPORT MEDICARE which is an even bigger more government control than the ACA bill. Most Americans won't even be in those state insurance markets.

Every single American who lives till 65 or whatever the age of eligibility will be in Medicare 100%. That is massive government control. Yet these same lying conservatives who insist that Obamacare is the end of the USA in huge numbers love medicare.

They don't hate the ACA health bill because its big government. They are lying.
Too many libs have small minds and can't see the big picture.

Medicare is bad enough, but it's not for the entire country of 300+ million people. We have social security too, but I don't want the feds to come after our 401Ks and private retirement funds, and nationalize them either.

Old 02-04-2013, 09:57 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,773,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OICU812 View Post
Too many libs have small minds and can't see the big picture.

Medicare is bad enough, but it's not for the entire country of 300+ million people. We have social security too, but I don't want the feds to come after our 401Ks and private retirement funds, and nationalize them either.
Medicare is bad?

Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 AM

1,472 posts, read 2,410,530 times
I liken the tea party to a more civil, law-abiding, more hygienic version of the Occupiers. In other words, a group of radicals who are just as ignorant from the other side of the political spectrum. Like any group of radicals, they're singularly focused and will destroy anything in their way to get to where they want to go, assuming they can coherently define what that is exactly.

The past two elections, their actions have been a gift to their opponents having cost the Republican party senate seats in California, Delaware, Indiana, Missouri, Nevada, and probably a few others that I'm leaving out.

The signs they used to wave around about "no to socialized medicine but save my medicare" were quite extraordinary to say the least (actually the correct word would have been fascism, but anyway).

Old 02-04-2013, 10:25 AM

3,740 posts, read 3,071,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime33 View Post
I oppose most their desire to use government force to discriminate against gay people:

[URL="http://theteapartyplatform.com/2010/02/15/platform-item-10--gay-marriage.aspx"]the tea party platform: Platform Item 10: Homosexual Marriage[/URL]

There is no discrimination whatsoever against homoxexuals in the arena of marriage. They can marry under the same exact conditions as hetro's - not difference at all.

Epic Issue-Fail.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM

14,561 posts, read 23,071,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin Rossi View Post
There is no discrimination whatsoever against homoxexuals in the arena of marriage. They can marry under the same exact conditions as hetro's - not difference at all.

Epic Issue-Fail.
You realize that same "logic" has already been shot down by the courts, specifically in the Loving v. Virginia case?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies