Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:48 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,676,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Cheney never posed with a gun for a photo op.

Anyone with half a brain can detect a phony shooter by just observing the position of the stock against the shoulder and the cheek against the stock.

"Pansy' is being kind. The other word that comes to mind would not pass the forum's guidelines.
I've know guys with well muscled arms and shoulders, where the stock rose up a bit, but Mr. Barack "Skinny Arm" Obama would have a wrecked shoulder after positioning the stock like that. Looks like only a third of it is in his shoulder. Besides that, he's in a rifle stance anyway.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:05 AM

687 posts, read 1,377,180 times
The OP is really desperate to come up with something to fault since he cannot claim the whole story was a lie now. Porting of shotgun barrels is common and is not something just for old people or wimps. The obvious reason why the stock was high in the shoulder was because the shotgun was not personally fit for Obama. People who shot trap and skeet a lot alter the cant of the stock so they don't have to crane their neck to get a good cheek weld, but if you are just picking a gun off the rack it's not going to be configured just for you physical size.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:16 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,119,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundman View Post
The OP is really desperate to come up with something to fault since he cannot claim the whole story was a lie now. Porting of shotgun barrels is common and is not something just for old people or wimps. The obvious reason why the stock was high in the shoulder was because the shotgun was not personally fit for Obama. People who shot trap and skeet a lot alter the cant of the stock so they don't have to crane their neck to get a good cheek weld, but if you are just picking a gun off the rack it's not going to be configured just for you physical size.
You've got to be kidding, right?

An accomplished skeet shooter will tailor his/her gun to "fit".....but the AVERAGE skeet shooter does NOT tailor or alter the stock of a gun to "fit." They'll simply go to the range and fire for the fun of it.

How many more excuses will you folks make for this President! Get a freakin' grip!

Old 02-04-2013, 10:24 AM

687 posts, read 1,377,180 times
Aeroguydc - What are you complaining about? You just agreed with me. The OP said Obama is a faker because he held the gun too high in his shoulder. I said the reason was because the stock did not fit him and said serious shooters who are tall have the angle of the stock increased so it fits lower on the shoulder in relation to their cheek. You repeated what I said and then attacked me.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:27 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
If he went to a public range where everyday people go he would see plenty of people with AR-15's, AK's, FAL's and such being used responsibly and peacefully.

We all know he isn't a avid shooter, making a public op like this is insult. If him and Biden want a double barrel shotgun fine, they just don't have the right to tell the rest of us that is all we should own.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:28 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Oh no?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11
Anyone with half a brain can detect a phony shooter by just observing the position of the stock against the shoulder and the cheek against the stock.
Then you must not have half a brain. There's nothing obviously wrong with the President's form in that photo. And I speak as someone who qualified expert with and ran qualification ranges for the M-16 (and the M1911A1).

Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11
"Pansy' is being kind. The other word that comes to mind would not pass the forum's guidelines.
Haters gotta hate.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:30 AM

20,892 posts, read 16,074,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
What I find interesting is that liberals' didn't seize on the photo with a big "I told you so" proclamation.
And if Liberals would have "seized on it" you would have whined about that too.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:44 AM

13,608 posts, read 21,391,107 times
So in the midst of trying to push gun control he goes on a photo op shooting a shotgun which any other time he's rather be at a golf course.

Shooting skeet is fun, but the 2nd amendment is about more than that. Why didn't he take a photo op shooting a handgun?, or hunting a deer?, or shooting a AR at a competition range like SO MANY OTHER people do? Because that wouldn't be a proper message, it would be out of step with his gun banning anti's comrades who look down on handguns, hunting, and any gun that is used for more than shooting a clay target.

That is really what the want, all of us to only be able to own a double barrel two shot shotgun.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:46 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Where is the midas invector choke tube insert on the bottom barrel? Where is his shooting vest or at least a shooting pouch to carry extra shells?

Last time I shot trap I went thru two boxes of shells.

Wrong type of glasses as well. Someone found some safety glasses for his one shot.

This was probably the first and last time he fired a shotgun which is a Browning Citori probably an XT.

FYI the gasses being expended are correct for that model of shotgun. It's magna ported.

Also ONLY a professional photographer could capture that shot with a REALLY expensive fast camera.
He didn't receive much instruction either had he been shooting a full round of skeet. He should be leaning into his gun.

This guy is a real *****. My wife had a better shooting stance after just a few shells and instruction from an amateur like me.

Last edited by Bulldogdad; 02-04-2013 at 10:58 AM..

Old 02-04-2013, 10:48 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,780,715 times
Quote:
Sure he did.

At an NRA convention:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies