Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-07-2013, 02:14 AM

7,801 posts, read 6,372,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason View Post
It does say you shall not lie with a man as a man does so with a woman.
So what? That does not say do not do it. It just tells you HOW not to do it.

If I tell you "Do not walk through doors backwards" have I told you that it is wrong to walk through doors? No. I simply said while walking through them... do not do it backwards.

So the line you are quoting does not actually tell you not to "lie" with other men. It just tells you that while doing it.... do not do it quite the same way you would with a woman. Which makes sense to me as clearly there are differences.

The issue for me however is the Bible is likely a bronze age work of fiction and as such is not really applicable to politics today and this is a forum about politics after all. While I respect, support and would defend to the death your right to read the Bible and decide to let it influence how YOU want to live your life... it gives you no place to declare that homosexuality is wrong and no one ELSE should be doing it.

Religion is a personal journey. If your religion compels you not to do homosexual things then GREAT. That does not mean homosexual things in and of themselves are wrong or no one else should be doing them.

By all means express your opinion on this forum. That is what it is here for. But until you can provide the first iota of arguments, evidence, data or reasoning to suggest that there is a god at all.... when you try and tell us what gods opinion is all you are doing it giving YOUR opinion and pretending its gods. The same for this "Divine Law" you imagine exists. It is good to hear your opinion... but I am not about to pretend it is anything BUT your own opinion.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:26 PM

3,550 posts, read 2,555,968 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Actually it doesn't, seeing as "abomination" is not the meaning of the Hebrew.

Yes you can. If your religious beliefs say you can't allow black people in your restaurant, the law says you can be sued and will lose.
yes it does.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
This is classic cherry-picking and it's either from ignorance or from dishonesty.

The original context was ritual sex and sacred temple prostitution used to worship ancient pagan fertility gods. How does that have anything to do with your average gay or lesbian couple in the 21st century?
please find me 1 Jewish biblical commentary up until 1800 who you can bring to support your lies.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:31 PM

15,080 posts, read 14,321,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sound of Reason
It does say you shall not lie with a man as a man does so with a woman.
It also says you should never shave your beard, read horoscopes, wear mixed fabrics and that non-virgins should be put to death.
Where's the outrage when folks don't follow these rules?

Old 06-07-2013, 03:34 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,217,585 times
I fully support gay rights. I also support a business owners right to pick and chose who he will do business with. The exception being a life saving service. medical doctor or nurse. But seriously who want food prepared for them by someone who is openly hostile to them? Snot sandwich comes to mind.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Ritually impure/Taboo. It was a cultural prohibition on certain practices of the surrounding pagan cultures. The same word is used for wearing mixed fabrics, eating shellfish, breaking bread with the Egyptians, etc.
wrong toevah mean abomination gays are practice an abomination

it's also used in regards to being honest in business, those who used false scales are also practicing an abomination.

however gay relations are referred to as an abomination of abominations

Old 06-07-2013, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Not in Hebrew it doesn't. And you are ignoring the cultural context. That verse is directly connected to the previous verse condemning giving over children to the Canaanite god Molech in the pagan temples. Why do you ignore that context? Most Jews agree that verse is condemning pagan prostitution and heterosexual substitution.
find me 1 rabbi from before 1800 who agrees with you.
I can give you 100's who disagree

Old 06-07-2013, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriMT7 View Post
Oh... and you can take your notion of sin and shove it, honestly. Nobody gives a rats damn about what you consider sin. Lots of Jews and Muslim consider non-Hallal or non-Kosher to be unclean before God, and guess what, I thank my stars that none of that crap is relevant to ME as I enjoy a bacon cheeseburger.
There isn't a single Jew in the world that thinks there is something wrong with a non jew eating a bacon cheeseburger!

Old 06-07-2013, 03:58 PM

these gay terrorists should be executed for terrorism!

Old 06-07-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlerain View Post
Reading is fundamental:

The Oregon Equality Act 2007 outlaws discrimination by an individual or a business against people based on their sexual orientation and gender identity.

Read more: Aaron Klein complaint: Baker refuses to make wedding cake for lesbian couple and 'calls them abominations unto the Lord' | Mail Online

Do conservatives read anymore...?
he didn't discriminate against them because of their so called orientation (not that there's anything wrong with that).
he refused to help in their forbidden action.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies