Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 08:40 PM

19,023 posts, read 25,966,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So you don't "do" sports tv...fine. What was with the superior attitude of your Super Bowl day hike with your WIFE. (Not sure why that's in caps, but whatevs)

We don't have cable so we don't watch any of those channels. I watch Netflix and Amazon plus we rent videos (shows, docs, movies) from the library.
What's in Caps? Why the F are you picking on me because i don't watch friggin sports on tv for anyway?

The only balls I play with are friggin musket balls and i don't need a team to do it.....

For christ sake i just said i don't watch sports on tv, and instead i do them.....

Are you always a nagging whine... Geeze I feel bad for your husband... I bet one day he goes out for a loaf of bread and never comes back.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:43 PM

3,807 posts, read 4,275,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
You seriously need to realize that most people are looking to better society. You seem to think you are some saint who is better than everyone else, which is far from the case. Human nature dictates that the #1 desire in everyone's lives is the desire to feel important (you would know that if you actually worked to educate yourself), and you feel important because you think you are the only good person in a terrible world, which is far from the case. If you really need to have such a hate filled attitude just to feel like you are important, go right ahead, but please try to understand that most people are working to better society.

With all due respect, I couldn't care less about history. I personally work 75-90 hours per week to grow investments that help retirements portfolios (for people like you) so that you can actually enjoy your time and not worry about where that next pension check will come from. Maybe instead of stroking your ego by posting such ignorant, self serving posts like this you could try to realize that people much smarter than yourself are working very hard to provide a very comfortable life for people like you so that you have the time, comfort, and freedom to post inflammatory, ignorant things as you do on a daily basis.

As I said before, you should be ashamed of yourself.
IF what you say is true, with all due respect, I'll be retired at age 52 (less then 4 yrs) sucking up those retirement checks, made possible by ignorant, inflammatory, persons such as yourself. I'll enjoy my retirement, while you are still stuck in your cubicle, risking your paper cut and nothing more. Don't lecture me about duty and the desire to make things better in this world. I've done only what you dream about every night.

On Superbowl Sunday, I was on my day off. Standing by, so a 28 yr old woman, with 2 children could pack her house and leave her husband. I also served him with a restraining order. THAT is how I spent my day off. You keep shuffling those papers and be proud of yourself. I'm VERY proud of my service to this country.

Oh and you can feel important all you want about your education. Me? I have none. ZIP, ZERO. Yet, I'll still be retired before you. I wonder who the ignorant one is now?

Have a good night.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:45 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
What's in Caps? Why the F are you picking on me because i don't watch friggin sports on tv for anyway?
The word "wife" was in caps. I'm not picking on you.

Quote:
The only balls I play with are friggin musket balls and i don't need a team to do it.....

For christ sake i just said i don't watch sports on tv, and instead i do them.....

Are you always a nagging whine... Geeze I feel bad for your husband... I bet one day he goes out for a loaf of bread and never comes back.

Aw, how sweet. Have I touched a nerve?

Here is the entire convo:

Quote:
Never watched one..... Any foot ball, base ball, basket ball of hockey for that matter..
yesterday i was out hiking in my mtns, packin heat of course

The trail was some icy, and so I had crampons on my boots.

Wife likes it too, and she took pics....
Quote:
Wow! And to think DH & I hike together often AND watch football or baseball together. Sometimes, we even read a book together!

Quote:
We read.... I just got done reading NO Easy Day... I just don't do sports tv..... Rather go hunting, hiking, sailing canoeing, etc...... with my WIFE....

For tv we do National Geo, History(s) and science... bad huh?
Quote:
So you don't "do" sports tv...fine. What was with the superior attitude of your Super Bowl day hike with your WIFE. (Not sure why that's in caps, but whatevs)

We don't have cable so we don't watch any of those channels. I watch Netflix and Amazon plus we rent videos (shows, docs, movies) from the library.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
IF what you say is true, with all due respect, I'll be retired at age 52 (less then 4 yrs) sucking up those retirement checks, made possible by ignorant, inflammatory, persons such as yourself. I'll enjoy my retirement, while you are still stuck in your cubicle, risking your paper cut and nothing more. Don't lecture me about duty and the desire to make things better in this world. I've done only what you dream about every night.

On Superbowl Sunday, I was on my day off. Standing by, so a 28 yr old woman, with 2 children could pack her house and leave her husband. I also served him with a restraining order. THAT is how I spent my day off. You keep shuffling those papers and be proud of yourself. I'm VERY proud of my service to this country.

Oh and you can feel important all you want about your education. Me? I have none. ZIP, ZERO. Yet, I'll still be retired before you. I wonder who the ignorant one is now?

Have a good night.
So you will be taking social security? Interesting.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:50 PM

9,855 posts, read 15,205,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post

Have a good night.
And where do those retirement checks come from? You seem to have little to no education on how the fiscal or economic systems that run this country work. Despite that, you enjoy the fiscal rewards of an economic system you don't understand and are more than happy to be completely ignorant to where your pension check comes from (you are an ex-cop, correct? So you live off of a government pension!). Take some personal responsibility and try to take care of yourself instead of living off of an economic system that you are more than happy to live off of while not understanding in the least.

Or can you admit that you don't practice what you preach? Your call.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:49 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGTAIV View Post
http://infowars.com/images/Debt-football.jpg

Super Bowl XLVII Ratings Set New Record

Where are your priorities, America?

My favorite superbowl response: "I'm not really a sports fan but I watch the game to see the commercials?"

"I'm a corporate slave!"
What do you suggest be watched more instead?

Old 02-04-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Why not throw out the TV and do something productive instead?

You mean there's nothing you would rather be doing than watching a crappy, staged game? Don't you have dreams? Aren't you worried about the current state of this country?
I dreamed that the Ravens would win - and they did.

The Super Bowl is a four hour distraction from the sorry state of the country.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Nice! I like it when people have dreams that are near impossible to achieve. It keeps hope alive.

Sorry, you set yourself up.
What is more impossible than a Cardinals victory is a Cardinals-Jets Super Bowl.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:08 AM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Why not throw out the TV and do something productive instead?
Like whine on the internet!

Old 02-05-2013, 12:11 AM

Quote:
A: Imagine the amount of people that show up to a single pre-season game, instead showing up to the steps of congress for less than 1/20th the price with just travel costs.
C-SPAN covers Congress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies