Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 12:13 AM

29,094 posts, read 26,008,825 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
My dreams with football involve seeing the Cleveland Browns win the superbowl once in my lifetime.
They just did.

Baltimore Ravens = old Cleveland Browns.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
Do you want us to start a thread where we post what we want our leisure activities to be for a day and you can approve or disapprove them?

Or why don't you make it easy and just give us a list of approved activities?
Don't give liberals any more ideas of control and regulation for them to salivate over.

They already not only require health insurance, but must approve of the particular plan.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:26 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
They just did.

If their helmets aren't orange then they are not the Cleveland Browns.

Old 02-05-2013, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil306 View Post
Nope. I'd prefer the general public have something called: Common sense and sense of priorities. See, watching an uneducated criminal run around a football, basketball, or baseball field, making millions of dollars, for someone's "entertainment" is disgusting.

The majority of this country can tell you who is the quarterback, left field, et al for just about any team in the country. They can tell you who the last 5 American Idol's are.

YET, they still think Obama was born in Kenya, is a Muslim, have no real clue about what is happening in Libya, Mali, Israel, or even their own city or county. American's, by and large, are IDIOTS and are morally/ethically bankrupt.

I want American's to have a basic understanding of our political process, the criminal justice system, and issues which effect their day to day lives. Something which means something. Not some idiot drug abuser, who beat his wife, drunk drives, and beats up animals, gets paid by Nike.

Probably YOU and others, have no problem paying $15.00 for a beer at this stupid Super Bowl (the going price). You wouldn't care about paying the same for a hot dog. You would fight tooth and nail to have gotten to New Orleans, paid double, triple, for a motel room, rental car, food, etc. Yet turn around and DEMAND the government pay for their healthcare, childcare, and complain school costs are too high. You would march in the streets with signs complaining how much their teachers got in a raise; yet, wouldn't utter a peep when seats at your local football game went up 25 bucks (or whatever).

IF you cannot see the disgusting state of this country AND its people, people such as you, who tacitly if not actively approve of it, we are more doomed then I thought.

We have men and women in wheelchairs, on crutches, hobbling around this country, after fighting for it and being wounded for it, barely making ends meet. A drunk, wife beating criminal makes more money then a Division of US Marines. Yet you find no problem with this.

Enjoy your leisure time. I'll dedicate mine to the Wounded Warrior Project, Peace Officer Memorial, Guide Dogs for the Blind and other worth while groups.
Are you ready to come down from your self righteous and elitist high horse yet?

Did it ever occur to you that many people who volunteer time and resources to organizations such as you mentioned also watched the Super Bowl last night?

Your vicious and dishonest caricature of NFL players is disgusting and uncalled for.

Grow up.

Last edited by Harrier; 02-05-2013 at 01:03 AM..

Old 02-05-2013, 12:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
If their helmets aren't orange then they are not the Cleveland Browns.
Are you still mad at Art Modell?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:54 AM

Quote:
You advocate spending money so someone can throw a football around. I advocate spending the same money on TEACHERS, infrastructure, public safety, abortions, and yes, even social programs. I'd rather my tax dollars go to this, then have tax breaks to some professional sports team. Or some person who has little to no money, complaining they cannot afford day to day bills, yet have no problem spending that sort of money on a beer. Go out and have fun? Again, you have no clue what I do. You said later I travel, Hmmmmmmm, have fun? Spent 2 months in Europe, 3 weeks in China, 3 weeks in South America, etc Yet, I'd still rather have my tax dollar go productive things which will educate our populace; not dumb them down.
How is spending tax dollars on abortions a "productive (thing) which will educate our populace"?

Old 02-05-2013, 12:59 AM

Quote:
IF what you say is true, with all due respect, I'll be retired at age 52 (less then 4 yrs) sucking up those retirement checks, made possible by ignorant, inflammatory, persons such as yourself. I'll enjoy my retirement, while you are still stuck in your cubicle, risking your paper cut and nothing more. Don't lecture me about duty and the desire to make things better in this world. I've done only what you dream about every night.

On Superbowl Sunday, I was on my day off. Standing by, so a 28 yr old woman, with 2 children could pack her house and leave her husband. I also served him with a restraining order. THAT is how I spent my day off. You keep shuffling those papers and be proud of yourself. I'm VERY proud of my service to this country.

Oh and you can feel important all you want about your education. Me? I have none. ZIP, ZERO. Yet, I'll still be retired before you. I wonder who the ignorant one is now?

Have a good night.
Wow - so you did what you were paid to do and are patting yourself on the back?

Whatever.

NEWSFLASH - you are not better than everyone else on the planet - and if you think that by serving someone with a restrainibng order that you are doing some great service to humanity, you have got some serious issues.

Go lie on a couch and pay a shrink to reduce the size of your ego.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:28 AM

2,385 posts, read 1,587,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTOlover View Post
Soccer is no big at all in Canada or the U.S. in fact it only gets TV Coverage if something funny happens or a highlight of a wicked or unusual goal is scored otherwise it is not really covered or talked about on ESPN.
Globally it's the biggest event their is. Superbowl doesn't even come close to the World Cup Soccer Final in terms of global audience.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:54 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,065,142 times
Hmmm. Watching the Superbowl and getting together with friends and family for food and drinks sounds like a harmless enough diversion.
If you haven't noticed, most other TV is pretty crappy so what else can you do? Go shopping? Nobody has any money and the Christmas bills are due. Go to a movie? They stink, Hollywood is dead.
The commercials were mostly forgettable which makes you laugh when you think about how much money is being pissed away on poor uncreative advertising. The half time show is always lame so we can lament on how the music industry stinks.
Why not have an American Idol style show contest where the winner gets to sing the National Anthem or perfrom a number? Seeing no talent new singers or washed up hasbeens just doesn't cut it.

Old 02-05-2013, 07:41 AM

41,957 posts, read 75,192,887 times
Quote:
You don't understand how the system works.
Pot, meet kettle.

Quote:
I have a great understanding of the criminal justice system and how things work.
Except for the multi-quote feature of this forum.

Quote:
How many bullets have you taken in defense of this country? Both foreign and domestic? I save people's lives every single day. I help people get out of poverty, domestic violence, rape, murder and every other thing you can think of every day. I've been shot, thrown through windows, beaten, life threatened and I have done so for the past 24 yrs.
OMG!!!! You're Clark Kent!!!!!!!!

And I thought he was just a cartoon ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
So you will be taking social security? Interesting.
Heh. I knew it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnsq View Post
And where do those retirement checks come from? You seem to have little to no education on how the fiscal or economic systems that run this country work. Despite that, you enjoy the fiscal rewards of an economic system you don't understand and are more than happy to be completely ignorant to where your pension check comes from (you are an ex-cop, correct? So you live off of a government pension!). Take some personal responsibility and try to take care of yourself instead of living off of an economic system that you are more than happy to live off of while not understanding in the least.

Or can you admit that you don't practice what you preach? Your call.

Quote:
They just did.

Wrong answer! But thanks for playing.

Quote:
Did it ever occur to you that many people who volunteer time and resources to organizations such as you mentioned also watched the Super Bowl last night?
Also the players and coaching staff sand administrative staffs, and their families, who also volunteer time, donate money, etc. etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies