Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2013, 12:24 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
I am looking forward too see the Obama budget and see which loop holes and deductions he is going to close to bring in more revenue. Or what actual cuts {not projected} that he is endorsing. Lets hope it is not like the one budget that was voted on in the Senate and was shot down 99 to 0.
He didnt endorse the budget that was 99-0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Don't be a mindless drone.

I have never blamed gas prices on Obama.

Obama has broken a few dozen promises that he could have done without congress. You want to treat him to a different standard and make him responsible for nothing.

Bush was a bad president. Obama is on that same path...perhaps if you and his fans would hold him accountable he would actually have to fulfill his promises.

I would love to know what these promises are and how he can get passed congress without Republicans going nuclear.

Obama is not on the same path as Bush, saying so is to be ignorant of the world around you.

We do not hold him to a different standard, YOU do. That is the problem, you cons had no problem with Bush and what he did until after he left office. Then you all became "patriots" or what have you.

there is also that little difference in ideology. I love how Cons always say that line "if you and his fans would hold him accountable he would actually have to fulfill his promises. " as if you actually agreed in the promises he made.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM

2,198 posts, read 2,734,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Democrats seem to have no serious regard for spending, debts, and deficits.

I defy one single liberal on this forum to provide evidence otherwise.
I'm not a liberal, but here you go:

Now let's see some evidence that alleged conservative Republicans care about spending and deficits, aside from cheap talk before elections.

For example, Dick "Reagan proved that deficits don't matter" Cheney.

Or "We don’t have a trillion-dollar debt because we haven’t taxed enough; we have a trillion-dollar debt because we spend too much." - Ronald Reagan

Proceeded to increase the national debt by 2.5x.

Last edited by EugeneOnegin; 02-07-2013 at 11:53 AM..

Old 02-07-2013, 02:24 PM

3,740 posts, read 3,070,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
WHAT? Obama fails to follow the law? Maybe he will just pen himself another executive order?

Of course if it's anything like the LAST budget he submitted, no one in congress liked it OR approved it, not even his own vice president. .
Sounds like perfectly reasonable and rational grounds for impeachment.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:15 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
2 problems with what you just said.

1.It is not a law that the president submit budgets. It is a congressional rule that the president summit one by the first Monday of February.

2. Its hypocritical for Republicans to attack president Obama for doing the exact same thing Republican presidents did which they had no problem with.
" Its hypocritical for Republicans to attack president Obama for doing the exact same thing Republican presidents did which they had no problem with"

Please keep this and post it EVER TIME the dems make a complaint about the repubs.

"It is not a law that the president submit budgets. It is a congressional rule"

"The Congressional Budget Act of 1974 requires that the President of the United States submit to Congress, on or before the first Monday in February of each year, a detailed budget request for the coming federal fiscal year, which begins on October 1. Prepared by the president and the president's Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the president's annual budget request performs three key functions in the annual federal budget process:"

About the President's Annual Budget Request

WOW. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I guess we don't have to obey the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" because it is only a rule. Whew!

Legislation, many time it is called an "Act" and is LAW, NOT a rule.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM

12,481 posts, read 10,220,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States...."

Well, that didn't last long.

But I guess nobody is surprised any more. Hey, it's only a Federal law. No big deal.

To quote Hillary, "What difference at this point does it make?"

----------------------------------------------

Obama misses budget deadline - Washington Times

Obama misses budget deadline

By Stephen Dinan - The Washington Times
February 4, 2013, 12:01AM

Monday marked the deadline set in law for President Obama to submit a budget, but he missed it — making this the fourth time in his five years in office that he's failed to submit the blueprint on time.

That makes his record equal to the three previous presidents combined, who spanned 20 years in office.

White House press secretary Jay Carney defended the administration, telling reporters traveling with the president to Minnesota for a speech about gun control Monday to focus on "substance over deadlines."

Mr. Carney declined to say when Mr. Obama will present a budget.
Why would he bother he does not care about the law or the constitution

Old 02-07-2013, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yet it is okay for Cons to give Bush a PASS when he didn't submit a budget on time? A bit of a double standard if I don't say so myself. Honestly though, I could care less if Obama or Bush ever submitted a budget on time because it isn't the president's job to create and pass a budget, all the president can do is suggest what the budget should look like and basically lobby for his plan.

If the Cons in Congress really cared about the budget, they would of already passed one.
Please explain how the "Cons" can bypass the DEM controlled Senate.

This should be good!

Old 02-07-2013, 03:19 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
" Its hypocritical for Republicans to attack president Obama for doing the exact same thing Republican presidents did which they had no problem with"

Please keep this and post it EVER TIME the dems make a complaint about the repubs.

"It is not a law that the president submit budgets. It is a congressional rule"

"The Congressional Budget Act of 1974 requires that the President of the United States submit to Congress, on or before the first Monday in February of each year, a detailed budget request for the coming federal fiscal year, which begins on October 1. Prepared by the president and the president's Office of Management and Budget (OMB), the president's annual budget request performs three key functions in the annual federal budget process:"

About the President's Annual Budget Request

WOW. Thank you so much for clearing that up. I guess we don't have to obey the "Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act" because it is only a rule. Whew!

Legislation, many time it is called an "Act" and is LAW, NOT a rule.
The CBA is unconstitutional, since the constitution explicitly states that all spending bills MUST start in the House of Representatives. No president has ever bothered to challenge the CBA in court, and no enforcement action has ever been taken against a president who didn't submit a budget "on time".

Old 02-07-2013, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
It still doesn't matter, it is Congress who puts together and passes a budget, all the president can do is submit a suggestion. You guys are freaking out that he didn't submit a suggestion in them like it would of matter if he did. It would of just sat around for months until Congress started to deal with it...which they would of just kicked the can down the road anyway.
I am NOT surprised this is over your head.

The President is REQUIRED BY LAW to submit a budget. As the President don't YOU think he should obey the law, as he swore to do, and set the example for the rest of the Country?

What Congress does with it, is NOT the issue.

Old 02-07-2013, 03:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The president does not submit a budget, he submits outlines for his plans for the nation, and read my quote in the context i responded to.
"The president does not submit a budget, he submits outlines". UH, not according to the law.

"The President, in accordance with to the Budget and Accounting Act of 1921, must submit a budget to Congress each year."

"The President's budget contains detailed information on spending and revenue proposals, along with policy proposals and initiatives with significant budgetary implications."

United States budget process - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies