Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2013, 10:57 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,175,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
Have you ever seen a limp-wristed individual with a gun?

Me either.
Without that gun, plenty of them are limp wristed.

Said it before and I'll say it again...the more some fool drones on and on about his guns and weapons, the more suspicious I am that his heart pumps Kool-Aid with LOTS of sugar in it.

I don't associate guns with masculinity at all. Not one little bit.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:59 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,518,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
And sexy
That too.

Old 02-04-2013, 11:12 PM

198 posts, read 167,489 times
Quote:
Are gun owners really tougher, braver, and more masculine than non-gun owners?
No, gun owners are not, however we are intelligent enough to realize that we can not always (if at all) rely on the police to come to our rescue in the instant we may need them. The response time for my location is between 20-70 minutes if they don't get stuck in the snow on some of the back roads in the hills or at the other end of the valley/county.

Some of us are small frame petite women and some of us are 240+ pound male body builders, we come from all walks of life from lowly ditch diggers to business professionals and have varied political affiliation. We value our freedoms, our property and our lives and will do what we must to defend them if the need arises.

Being a gun owner does not make one brave or tough or masculine but while out in public, being armed does tend to make one more vigilant, cautious and aware of their surroundings. While those that conceal carry may tend to be a little more relaxed in their daily endeavors, those that choose to open carry tend to be more vigilant at all times to ensure nobody gets close enough or in a position to attempt to snatch their weapon to use against them.

And yes people do still open carry firearms in public. See: OpenCarry.org |

Old 02-04-2013, 11:43 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Without that gun, plenty of them are limp wristed.

Said it before and I'll say it again...the more some fool drones on and on about his guns and weapons, the more suspicious I am that his heart pumps Kool-Aid with LOTS of sugar in it.

I don't associate guns with masculinity at all. Not one little bit.
Don't you mean guys who are afraid of "tools"? Engines run on oil and fuel, not Kool-Aid.

BTW, guess who this is? He's shooting his "rifle". LMAO

http://graphics8.nytimes.com/images/...ticleLarge.jpg

Old 02-04-2013, 11:45 PM

1,396 posts, read 2,041,360 times
This gun owner didn't drink that "Kool-Aid" one bit!

The title said "rifle" too, I kid you not.

Old 02-05-2013, 03:10 AM

25,100 posts, read 39,244,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zombieApocExtraordinaire View Post
Calling police is dishonorable. I would never call the police on anyone.
I disagree.

If I see someone breaking into my neighbors home, I'm calling the Police.

Here in Phoenix the other day, a man went into a business with a gun - he shot an killed / wounded a number of people. Someone called the Police (911) - Very appropriate

Old 02-05-2013, 03:22 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,187,728 times
What on earth does masculinity or lack thereof have to do with our constitutional rights? Are you out of arguments?

Old 02-05-2013, 03:52 AM

709 posts, read 656,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
No. You're just wrong and paranoid. If someone ended getting shot by police after any call I made I would have been shocked. For the most part, calling the police for me has been about covering my butt from allegations of assault or misconduct on my part, or to take reports after accidents. You don't have to be doing anything to find yourself in a life threatening situation, but odds are, you won't.
Oh. Okay.

Old 02-05-2013, 04:04 AM

709 posts, read 656,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mac_Muz View Post
Oh Geeze...... You do know that no where is any law that cops are your personal body guards right?

That they have no legal obligation to drop a donut and come just because you call....

That most cops shoot a gun 2 times a year unless they are also sportsmen and nost cops could hit the broad side of a barn with a shotgun if they were locked in it!

I have serious doubts YOU were ever a cop or you would know better than to spread that drivel around..

it took SWAT more than 3 hours top suit up and go 3 city blocks for when my Father InLaw and his 2nd bride were stabbed to death.... Not a great speed record eh?

And Oh the day before these expert trained cops shot the bad guy in the ankle but not so bad the guy could execute my family.........

That years before I called the cops looking for help and was told cops were not my persona; body guards...

And so rather than ever subject myself to cops i will never dial 911. Instead if i get another bad guy i will blow his head off, and just feed him to the coyotes.

it's this type of drivel that sets me off most ... You must be a wanna be cop.... I have known real cops and they get jaded..... You are still stuck in hero worship...

I see cops and bad guys as the very same thing, since both are dangerous.
So the cops in your area suck. A lot of cops suck. That's why I got out of it; I hate what the job has turned into. The kids coming on the job now are a bunch of f'in punks, just like a lot of kids in general (this coming from someone who is only 30). However, just because the cops in your area suck, doesn't mean all are like that. When I was on the job, there were a small group of us that were shift partners, and we did have the mentality that I pointed out above. We also didn't systematically deprive people of their rights, make bad or frivolous arrests, or any of the other things a lot of police do. In this group, I was the 2nd youngest; the old timers who had been on the job forever taught me a lot, and I always looked up to them.

I was a cop for 5 years, until I wised up and became a Firefighter/EMT.

Mac, if you had read all of my posts in this thread, I think you'd see that you and I agree about a lot more than we disagree.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:49 AM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
"Ammoland" good enough for you?

Proof of Your Manhood

Even Bushmaster were smart enough to scrub the ad after Sandy Hook.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........one link.....the way you sounded it was all over the place....

I guess if you think one add means everyone then....well, I guess you are who you are, and continue to show ignorance...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.