Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2013, 11:10 AM

24,405 posts, read 23,065,142 times

Advertisements

Lots of people compensate with different things. Guys want to feel tough so they get guns. Guys want to seem cool so they get a fast car. Guys want to look rich so they wear a lot of bling. Guys want to look tough so they get tattoos. Girls want to feel sexy so they dress like tramps. Some people want to feel smart so they get a bogus degree.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:13 AM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
I don't believe in domestic violence at any level. I will not allow physical aggression in my home or my personal life ever. I grew up in a peaceful home environment and have zero tolerance for any aggressive behavior. No one would threaten me in my home, it's supposed to be the safe place. Abusers look for women from abusive homes who think violence is normal. If you demand respect, you will receive respect.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:20 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Your own link proves my point. I reject your second straw man
Nope, because it does not say how guns were really pulled....just how many died....

Old 02-07-2013, 11:55 AM

7,300 posts, read 6,733,220 times
Quote:
Is every act of domestic violence a life or death situation?? I'd bet the majority are not.
Most are not, for sure. I think most men are cool. That said, in general, men have more of a tendency to get physical when they hear uncomplimentary things being said. I have no idea if it's some gut reaction or what. Some men feel threatened right away with any little thing.

Agreeing to have guns in the house is about the dumbest thing a woman can do. If the man is one that doesn't handle arguments or temper well, the man will know where that gun is located, and it's no secret that it's generally men, and not women, that shoot people. It's one thing to get punched, and another to get shot.

I think the best bet if a man is a loose cannon, is to dump the a-h and go hide in the abused women underground railroad. Take off. Leave. But for God's sake, to have a gun in the house? Dumb idea.

Old 02-07-2013, 11:57 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saritaschihuahua View Post
How does that work? Do you tape your gun to your hand and walk around pointing it?

there you go again with your sexist & discrimination remarks again.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:00 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I don't believe in domestic violence at any level. I will not allow physical aggression in my home or my personal life ever. I grew up in a peaceful home environment and have zero tolerance for any aggressive behavior. No one would threaten me in my home, it's supposed to be the safe place. Abusers look for women from abusive homes who think violence is normal. If you demand respect, you will receive respect.
I don't tolerate violence either, but if someone I care about takes a swing at me, my first reaction is not to pull a gun on them. You seem to live in a black and white world in which you either pull a gun on someone or you lay down and take the beating.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I don't tolerate violence either, but if someone I care about takes a swing at me, my first reaction is not to pull a gun on them. You seem to live in a black and white world in which you either pull a gun on someone or you lay down and take the beating.

someone you care about and some unknown person is 2 different things. I know the difference even when you dont.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:05 PM

6,331 posts, read 5,210,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeywrenching View Post
someone you care about and some unknown person is 2 different things. I know the difference even when you dont.
Domestic violence implies the abuser is known, usually family member. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Domestic violence implies the abuser is known, usually family member. Look it up if you don't believe me.

it can also mean that it violence is happening at the home. it doesnt always mean that it is between family members.

I have never hit a woman in my home or any women I was related too.

Old 02-07-2013, 12:13 PM

19,632 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Maybe you aren't a tiny woman with a bad neck who can be killed with one good swing. No one I care about would ever raise a hand to me. It's just not that kind of environment. I use guns for sporting and protection from "bad" people, it doesn't occur to me to use them against my own friends or family because there would be no need. I feel bad for people who have domestic violence in their lives but it is preventable to some extent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies