Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,532,741 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
He CHOSE that job. He wanted to kill people.
It was a necessary job though. Imagine what would have happened to Exxon and Haliburton stock if he wouldn't have killed hundreds of ignorant Arabs.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:49 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,371,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
I have to say, the idiot was the guy that thought putting a gun in the hand of a known mental case, was going to cure him.

Ron Paul saw it like it was.
The man was a hero trying to help.
His methods were irresponsible and unfortunately he paid the price for messing with the rattle snake.
I agree, Bent. It seems to me that if anything could trigger a bad PTSD incident in a vet, a bunch of guns going off at a shooting range would do it. I won't question Kyle's motives; as far as I know, his intentions were good. But I think PTSD rehabilitation should be done only by and under the guidance of trained medical professionals.
I wouldn't send a shrink to do a sniper's job, and a sniper shouldn't be doing a shrink's job.

Old 02-05-2013, 11:51 AM

1,596 posts, read 1,159,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It was a necessary job though. Imagine what would have happened to Exxon and Haliburton stock if he wouldn't have killed hundreds of ignorant Arabs.
Those kind of stockholders should be drafted.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cocker_Spaniel_Lover View Post
Sure lady. Tell your BF or Hubby to ring the bell and run.

U.S. Navy SEALs - No Easy Way Out - YouTube

Sure kid, whatever you say. But I wasn't willing to silence Bob Marley to watch your little pro military vid. I'm single so this doesn't apply to me...and...I would NEVER get involved with someone who has signed their life away, sorry. Now go chant your mantra "I support the troops" and leave the grown ups alone.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:21 AM

1,655 posts, read 3,398,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
Ambush. Back turned, a moment of inattention, possibly a concealed pocket pistol (they said it was small caliber). It's not difficult to harm someone if you catch them off guard.
Yeah, I could see how that might happen, anything is possible. Its just that a man of his caliber, with such fine tuned skills is trained to expect the unexpected, in other words he never lets his guard down. But he was human, prone to mistakes, I suppose. Still leaves a big question mark.

Old 02-06-2013, 07:31 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,916,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLA-P View Post
Wow! Methinks Ron Paul is getting a little old and maybe onset of dementia. I have no problem with his statement but as even a FORMER politician and father of a son with lol ha ha ha Presidential Aspirations there is just some things you dont SAY IN FRIGGIN PUBLIC ON THE RECORD!!!
again, ron paul isn't sneaky like most other politicians and actually says what he thinks AT THE TIME. he isn't good at lying, and he is a veteran and a physician ---so he has EVERY RIGHT to discuss the topic, and the people who want to "fiilter him" should think about the freedoms they want to deny others.

it would have been poor judgement to take a PTSD veteran on a gun range, but i am not even sure that the media reports are accurate since the unemployed killer told his sister that he "sold his soul for a new truck". it is most likely he intended to kill them that day, and they had NO WAY OF KNOWING IT.

perhaps in the future they will screen people to see if they have mental health issues before instituting any kind of therapy, or putting other people at risk. maybe chris had no idea that the guy had been in a mental hospital and nobody told him.

i think we need to analyze the bigger picture-which is why are we fighting these stupid wars we cannot win, why we don't take care of our soldiers when they come home, why so many are filing for disability and not getting jobs, and why it only is a big deal for a short time when somebody gets killed.

it is certainly admirable that chris was trying to help his fellow soldiers, but not at all admirable that no one made them aware of the guy's deteriorating mental state when chris and his friend were trying to help him.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:22 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
No surprise here. Ron Paul is anti-war. Sad Ron Paul made such a callous statement.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:25 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,680,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Draper View Post
Yes.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:28 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Just who sent, who trained, who told Chris Kyle he was the one for the job.........Kyle did what our government sent him to do, he just happen to be damn good at taking out the bad guys.

Old 02-06-2013, 08:35 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,940,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Seems to me Paul took this as Kyle's personal mission, when in reality our government made him carry that sword. Kyle didn't start this war............

I feel Ron Paul misused the Bible and the meaning of the sword.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies